KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Doctor Sleep

Doctor Sleep
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

I just bought the Director's Cut on Blu-ray.

I'll post a review later.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 10:23 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Just saw this.

It was fun. One part I didn't get was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: why the ghouls didn't die in the boxes, if it wss established "steam eaters" need to eat of waste away.

I mean, maybe they have different rules then the bad guys, but they were eating steam, so implies they need to eat too..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 03:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Just saw this.

It was fun. One part I didn't get was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: why the ghouls didn't die in the boxes, if it was established "steam eaters" need to eat of waste away.

I mean, maybe they have different rules then the bad guys, but they were eating steam, so implies they need to eat too..

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Danny was able to capture and hold the ghosts in his mental prison boxes because they were weak and malnourished, per se, and were kept in a dormant state.

When Danny released them, they killed Rose the Hat and were able to possess him.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 04:05 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Impediment
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Danny was able to capture and hold the ghosts in his mental prison boxes because they were weak and malnourished, per se, and were kept in a dormant state.

When Danny released them, they killed Rose the Hat and were able to possess him.

I just figured they operated under a different set of rules.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: They were spirits, so couldn’t die for lack of steam, while the Steamers were alive and sustained themselves via steam. The spirits were normal, if ****ed up ppl in life yeah? Not steamers?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 05:58 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

is this really worth a watch

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 06:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

only YOU can decide.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 10:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by steverules_2
He stressed Shelley Duvall so much that she had clumps of hair fall out, a clock work orange he knows Malcolm McDowell hates snakes so even though the character didn’t have a snake in the book he added one to the film for that reason

Yes, but Shelley Duvall later stated she was thankful for what she was put through or else it "wouldn't have come out as good as it did".

She even went as far as to say she still respected him as a person and a director.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 03:08 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Classic Stockholm syndrome on her part. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 08:38 AM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Impediment

So...out of 10?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 09:51 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marcssands14

Originally posted by steverules_2
So...out of 10?

I personally watched the film a few weeks ago. I thought it was good and I'd give it a 8

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 10:05 AM
marcssands14 is currently offline Click here to Send marcssands14 a Private Message Find more posts by marcssands14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I still give it a solid 8.

Definitely worth a watch.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 04:28 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by cdtm
Just saw this.

It was fun. One part I didn't get was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: why the ghouls didn't die in the boxes, if it wss established "steam eaters" need to eat of waste away.

Because they're already dead and not undead.

Doesn't really imply that they need to eat, just that they can/do.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 05:45 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

This was a great movie!

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 07:22 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote