KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kyp Durron vs. Valkorion

Kyp Durron vs. Valkorion
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Haschwalth

The amount of energy from that feat is inferior to Thons ambria feat/Nihilus's drain etc.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 10:06 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thon's ambria feat which took place over decades.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 10:07 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Thon's ambria feat which took place over decades.

Where does it say, that It took decades?

even Yaeral poofs feat is comparable, in terms of energy.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 10:12 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Anyway he seals the energy in the lake meaning he had the energy at the time to contain it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 10:14 AM
Haschwalth

Ulic annhilates Kyp.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 10:16 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Kyp >>> Brakiss >>> Thon

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 10:20 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Stigma
Old school categories:

1) Sabers
2) Force
3) All-out

So Kyp has an edge in the Force.

Who takes sabers and all-out?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 10:22 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Did Kyp really move a singularity or, in fact, the Dovin Basal? Think about it.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 10:38 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Where does it say, that It took decades?

even Yaeral poofs feat is comparable, in terms of energy.
I might be misremembering, but I thought it was mentioned that it took time for Thon to clean up the "dark side stains" left over from the ritual. I had a look through the companion and the comic and it's quite vague, but this is basically what Thon did:

Ambria ritual goes t!ts up, kills all life on planet. Only the spirits of the dead are left alongside "dark side stains" across the planet. All Thon did was go into a lake and "surrender to the dark side," and then trapped some spirits in the lake. Presumably he also cleaned up these "stains" the sorceress left over. It said that it took time for the natural life on the planet to grow back after the devastation, in-part due to Thon's presence on the planet, which is why I think I mentioned that it took Thon time to clean it up.

Nowhere is it said he bottlenecks a planet's worth of dark side energy. Not even close. It was a similar deal to how Yoda lived next to a dark side nexus on Dagobah; he wanted to challenge himself.

The feat's been blown out of proportion from what I can tell.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 10:59 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Did Kyp really move a singularity or, in fact, the Dovin Basal? Think about it.

"And he[Kyp] seized upon that void, directing all his Force abilities and discipline against it.

It was like using a thin metal rod to push a grounded landspeeder. Too much pressure and it would bend, becoming useless. Too little and nothing would happen. He had to find the right pressure to budge it, to set it into motion and keep it going that way...

For a moment, the only things in the universe were him, Jaina, and the void. He moved the void, turned it around, moved it back the other direction.
"

-- New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dreams

He moved the singularity.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:00 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by ILS
I might be misremembering, but I thought it was mentioned that it took time for Thon to clean up the "dark side stains" left over from the ritual. I had a look through the companion and the comic and it's quite vague, but this is basically what Thon did:

Ambria ritual goes t!ts up, kills all life on planet. Only the spirits of the dead are left alongside "dark side stains" across the planet. All Thon did was go into a lake and "surrender to the dark side," and then trapped some spirits in the lake. Presumably he also cleaned up these "stains" the sorceress left over.

Nowhere is it said he bottlenecks a planet's worth of dark side energy. Not even close. It was a similar deal to how Yoda lived next to a dark side nexus on Dagobah; he wanted to challenge himself.

Also, Obi's feat of resisting a planetary Dark Side nexus caused by a Rule of Two Sith is quite frankly a better feat than this.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:01 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stigma
So Kyp has an edge in the Force.

Who takes sabers and all-out?
LMAO

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:01 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

smile

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:04 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by ILS

Ambria ritual goes t!ts up, kills all life on planet. Only the spirits of the dead are left alongside "dark side stains" across the planet. All Thon did was go into a lake and "surrender to the dark side," and then trapped some spirits in the lake. Presumably he also cleaned up these "stains" the sorceress left over. It said that it took time for the natural life on the planet to grow back after the devastation, in-part due to Thon's presence on the planet, which is why I think I mentioned that it took Thon time to clean it up.

http://i.imgur.com/cDYhBy4.png

This indicates Thon trapped the dark side energies from the Ritual, into the lake.
And the stains were merely damaged inflicted from the Darkside, not the actual energy.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:10 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://i.imgur.com/cDYhBy4.png

This indicates Thon trapped the dark side energies from the Ritual, into the lake.
And the stains were merely damaged inflicted from the Darkside, not the actual energy.
Which is in direct contrast to both the TotJ companion and the comic itself, or more accurately, is a poor summation of the events. The feat happens in two parts:

1. He traps dark side spirits in a lake
2. He cleans up the dark side corruption left over from the ritual

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:14 AM
Haschwalth

Originally posted by ILS
Which is in direct contrast to both the TotJ companion and the comic itself, or more accurately, is a poor summation of the events. The feat happens in two parts:

1. He traps dark side spirits in a lake
2. He cleans up the dark side corruption left over from the ritual

I would like the quotes, and source material thanks.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:15 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like this new debating culture where you just take one sentence out of context because it fits your argument neatly, and try to pass it off as something far more grandiose than what it really amounts to. Mad funny.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:16 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would like the quotes, and source material thanks.
k

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:16 AM
Haschwalth

Originally posted by ILS
I like this new debating culture where you just take one sentence out of context because it fits your argument neatly, and try to pass it off as something far more grandiose than what it really amounts to. Mad funny.

Within the context of that page it isn't.
Hence why I want the full context, from what you have stated.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:25 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you've read the comic you will note that the lake is filled with spirits, as indicated by that fact the text box is the same as when spirit Nadd speaks. But the companion tells us all we need to know:

(please log in to view the image)

He swam into the middle of the lake and trapped some spirits. Jee wizz.

(please log in to view the image)

Here it mentions the dark side stains.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:30 AM