KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age 4

Dragon Age 4
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
emporerpants

Dragon Age 4

So, I want Anthem to do well because if it doesn't, we might not get Dragon Age 4. I love Dragon Age. So, what would you like out of Dragon Age 4? Also, which Dragon Age is your favorite? I really liked Dragon Age 1. 1 is my favorite of the series so far, followed by 3.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 05:30 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think its a given that Dragon Age 4 is going to be in Tevinter and it'll probably cover the topics of Tevinters mage system, slavery, the Qunari war and Solas' plan. I imagine it has a strong possibility of taking place in Seheron with the Qun-Tevinter war heating up and you in the middle choosing a side while looking to stop Solas. Maybe the end game will give you a choice between the Qunari's plan of strengthening the Veil and a lesser version of Solas' plan in weakening it.

I'd really, really love to continue playing as the Inquisitor with a cool robot arm or something but I know that's practically a pipe dream. I just think it would seriously weaken Solas as a character without the Inquisitor as the protagonist. If not her then maybe an elite agent of the Inquisition or a Tevinter noble looking to reform the Imperium. Dorian is probably going to come back and play an important role. I doubt any other characters from Inquisition will return since their official endings pretty much eliminate that possibility.

1 and 3 are definitely my favorites. I like them for different reasons but I think Origins probably edges it out.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 06:06 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I hope the gameplay is reminiscent of the first game. I liked Inquistion but I felt it was too impersonal. I didn't need all that stuff to do and prefer the singleplayer focus Dragon Age 1 had.

But I read there was going to be "live" elements so I have no idea what that means.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 06:31 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

I believe that the live elements were supposed to be dlc related. One can only hope it means extra stuff as opposed to stuff that should have been in the game from the start and was withheld in order to milk more money out of consumers.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 07:44 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Origins had the best experience I've ever had in a video game. It was nonstop until the end of the game. Second was a letdown and a huge drop in quality but 3 recaptured some of the magic. It wasn't as great as origins which set the bar too high IMO. But it did have fantastic characters and Solas is one exception to my rules of characters I tend to gravitate towards.

I loved Corypheus and usually gravitate towards the all powerful bad guy obsessed with domination but Solas was utterly fantastic and hidden right under our noses the entire time. The big reveals at the end of the main game to be further gone into during the trespasser dlc was the best part of the game. Solas was ****ing epic. I can't wait for this to be explored in the next game. Love Solas.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 08:08 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

My wishlist only really has two things above all: Proper tactical combat, and to be as dark as the first game was. The subsequent games had their moments, but Origins could be downright creepy in a way that the later games didn't manage.

With all the people who made the originals mostly gone (and losing Gaider was HUGE), it might be too much to ask, but a man can hope.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 09:07 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Origins had the best experience I've ever had in a video game. It was nonstop until the end of the game. Second was a letdown and a huge drop in quality but 3 recaptured some of the magic. It wasn't as great as origins which set the bar too high IMO. But it did have fantastic characters and Solas is one exception to my rules of characters I tend to gravitate towards.

I loved Corypheus and usually gravitate towards the all powerful bad guy obsessed with domination but Solas was utterly fantastic and hidden right under our noses the entire time. The big reveals at the end of the main game to be further gone into during the trespasser dlc was the best part of the game. Solas was ****ing epic. I can't wait for this to be explored in the next game. Love Solas.

Agreed almost 100%. I would put origins in my top 5 video experiences, but maybe not quite #1. I loved everything about origins. I loved the whole feel of the game, I loved pretty much everything about it. What class did you run Quan? I went dual wielding fighter, as I tend to favor swordsmen in fantasy rpgs.

Also, yeah, Solas was pretty damn awesome in 3. I feel 3 was a giant step in the right direction after the letdown that was 2, although it still wasn't really close to origins. I also really want 4's combat to go back to the style of origins, although that is very unlikely.

I also hope the darkspawn go back to their origins design. I thought they looked a shit ton better in origins than 2 or 3.

Last edited by emporerpants on Jan 29th, 2018 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 09:49 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by emporerpants
Agreed almost 100%. I would put origins in my top 5 video experiences, but maybe not quite #1. I loved everything about origins. I loved the whole feel of the game, I loved pretty much everything about it. What class did you run Quan? I went dual wielding fighter, as I tend to favor swordsmen in fantasy rpgs.

Also, yeah, Solas was pretty damn awesome in 3. I feel 3 was a giant step in the right direction after the letdown that was 2, although it still wasn't really close to origins. I also really want 4's combat to go back to the style of origins, although that is very unlikely.

I also hope the darkspawn go back to their origins design. I thought they looked a shit ton better in origins than 2 or 3.

I thought the Genlocks were improved, tbh. Hurlocks not so much. The others... Eh, I could go either way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 10:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It was recently revealed by Bioware that indeed a new DA game is currently in development by a small team. I imagine once Anthem is done they'll shift most of the people at the studio over to DA4. So we're definitely getting something.

When it comes to setting and all that, I agree with everything Neph said. Tevinter seems the most obvious choice, and I too would like to continue playing as the Inquisitor. There's not really a good reason not to aside from the series' tradition of having a new protagonist in every game. Even if he's not the main protagonist, I'm sure he'll have a large role, something like an advisor or something, and I imagine Dorian will be a party member again.

I also expect them to take cues from Witcher 3 in regards to the design of the world, I imagine there will be fewer zones than Inq, but have them more packed with things to do and improve the quality of the sidequests.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 10:51 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I read that. A smaller team screams Andromeda all over again, but I have to think EA won't risk letting it happen again.

Unless of course Bioware is going to end up like all of EAs other victims.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 11:15 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Andromeda wasn't a small team. It was damn big one.

I don't think we need to worry about it being another Andromeda. From what I understand (and what Backfire said) is that a small group is doing pre-production which is most likely concept and prototypes of new gameplay mechanics.

I'm not sure I want Dragon Age 4 to be exactly like Witcher 3 and be open world. I quite like how Origins was set in a few hubs with added linear environments. One of my favourite memories of the game was attacking the tower at the start and how atmospheric it was. However, the sidequests all have to be unique without any added filler (which they can absolutely do ex. Killing Flemeth).

I just don't want something like Dragon Age Inquisition again. I didn't have the greatest time walking through those environments. It felt like work.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 11:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I meant in the sense that it wasn't prioritised as much as it should have been. If more people do come onboard when Anthem is ready (though even that's been pushed back), that would be nice to see.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 11:39 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by emporerpants

I always go through the game twice at least. First time is a noble warrior wielding the heavier two armed weapons. The second time is a Mage who is extremely selfish more akin to my real life persona.

I loved Loghain from the first game. Same voice actor from one of my favorite video game characters in Kain from the Legacy of Kain games. The first game blew my mind.

Solas is compassionate and not selfish which is what makes him so damn interesting to me. He's an anomaly for what I like but he does have the insane power thing going for him.

I am glad by the end of the third we have a villain outside the darkspawn. They are great but how much farther can you go there. Sure I want more darkspawn but I'm good without them being the main villains again.

No series comes close to the lore from Dragon Age. Witcher 2 was awesome but it's vastly different which I like but definitely prefer the lore For Dragon Age as opposed to the game of thrones adult oriented content of that series.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 11:55 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Another game like Origins would be cool but unfortunately, open world games are so popular and successful I think it's kind of a given that it'll follow that formula again, especially with how successful Inq was for them. But like I said, I doubt it'll be the exact same formula as Inq. Fewer zones with more effort put into them would go a long way.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 12:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BackFire
Another game like Origins would be cool but unfortunately, open world games are so popular and successful I think it's kind of a given that it'll follow that formula again, especially with how successful Inq was for them. But like I said, I doubt it'll be the exact same formula as Inq. Fewer zones with more effort put into them would go a long way.
I agree I like that's it isn't as open as games like Witcher 3 or Elder Scrolls. I'm far too obsessive with these games. Part of the reason I haven't dove into Witcher 3 is because I'm not coming out for a long time.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 03:05 AM
BackFire

Missing out. Witcher 3 is game of the generation imo.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 03:11 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire

True, that is probably what is going to happen. However, I hope they do not skimp out on missions levels that are not part of the open world itself.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 04:24 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Pls bring back finishers with updated graphics.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 04:35 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by KingD19
Pls bring back finishers with updated graphics.

thumb up

That and melee attacks for mages please.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 09:58 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I hope they keep similar combat and make it a bit more tactical. Or at least ensure party members play a big role because there isn't a lot of games out there like that.

Would it be crazy if they want all tactical like XCOM? I think that would be ****ing awesome.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 01:55 PM