KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age 4

Dragon Age 4
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The mechanics like moving around, shooting and shit like that.

It was from Giant Bombcast when they played the preview at E3.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 10:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It's a AAA title, I'd like to hope at the very least the game doesn't handle like shit.

Destiny handled and played well too and you know what? That game was average at best.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 10:30 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ok?

I'm not saying it's going to be great. I'm just saying that I heard good things and intrigued.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 10:37 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I have no idea what that could mean, but it's certainly something that makes me not interested in buying it.

Yeah I second in hoping Dragon Age never does that. Just hearing Fallout 76 for instance being multiplayer focused killed any chance of me wanting. We play RPGs like these to get away from the online noise, not bring it along.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 10:48 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Yeah I second in hoping Dragon Age never does that. Just hearing Fallout 76 for instance being multiplayer focused killed any chance of me wanting. We play RPGs like these to get away from the online noise, not bring it along.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 02:13 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BackFire
Inquisition had a multiplayer mode, as long as it's separate from the main game and not forced into the core experience it won't bother me.
thumb up

It was bad too. Tried it quickly put it down. Just into the single quest.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 02:27 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Inquisition had a multiplayer mode, as long as it's separate from the main game and not forced into the core experience it won't bother me.

I would be fine with that as well. I don't care if there is multiplayer just as long as it doesn't creep it's way into the single player. Just like Quan, I also tried the multiplayer in DA 3 one time, realized it was shit, and never touched it again.

So, what does everyone think will actually happen if Anthem is a failure?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 03:50 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Please, please, PLEASE be good you bastards.

Blog post: http://blog.bioware.com/2018/12/06/thedreadwolfrises/

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 04:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The blog post sounds like it might be heading in the right direction.

I think Bioware gets unfairly heaped on by gamers. Mass Effect Andromeda was a failure but everything else has been fairly good quality.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 05:04 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Honestly, there's a part of me that wonders if Andromeda being what it was, is a blessing in disguise. The poor reception (ymmv obviously on how deserved it was) has put pressure on Bioware, and with Anthem not exactly setting the world on fire, they have a lot of incentive to not end up like the likes of Westwood, Bullfrog etc.

And I have to imagine EA is hoping for the best too. The BFV issues, stock value plummeting and of course, Star Wars Battlefront 2 being what they are, I would imagine the people at EA don't want to have to rely on Madden and Fifa to be their only big hits.

Even with Gaider (and I imagine most of the original staff) gone, I believe DA4 can be awesome. Inquisition did a lot of things really well. If they can avoid doing anything stupid, fingers crossed these years waiting will be worth it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 06:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think as far as story telling/writing goes, DA4 will be fine. Patrick Weekes is in charge of the series now, and he was one of the best writers of the Mass Effect games, responsible for a lot of the best segments, along with some of the best parts of Inquisition.

The challenge may be simply in making a good and fun world to explore. That has been something that Bioware seems to have trouble with.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 08:18 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As great as Weekes was in Mass Effect, I feel like he's more hit and miss with DA. Though if he has more hits than misses, the point becomes moot. As long as he doesn't **** with the lore too much.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 09:26 AM
Arachnid1

Cant wait for this. I hope its a step up from Inquisition though. Build on the Origins format and throw out the open world if you can't fill it with meaningful content.

I'm also glad this one is putting a focus on Solas. He was the only companion worth anything in Inquisition IMO

PWNT

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 09:41 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It might be me but I hoping it's follows the same structure as the first DA game where its linear with a few hub world. I don't think I want open world because I'm getting tired of them.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 02:13 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Cant wait for this. I hope its a step up from Inquisition though. Build on the Origins format and throw out the open world if you can't fill it with meaningful content.

I'm also glad this one is putting a focus on Solas. He was the only companion worth anything in Inquisition IMO

How dare you. Varric and Iron Bull were amazing.

Originally posted by Smasandian
It might be me but I hoping it's follows the same structure as the first DA game where its linear with a few hub world. I don't think I want open world because I'm getting tired of them.

Agreed. You can have big areas full of stuff to do without going the Ubisoft route.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 05:52 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Smasandian
Agreed. The Dread Wolf is by far the most interesting character currently in this world.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 10:32 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think there's honestly very little chance that this isn't some kind of open world game. My hope is that it's more Witcher 3 open world, with fewer, more well developed zones, than DAI open world, with a ton of empty pointless zones that are filled with filler.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 11:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I think the game is years away still so I have time to finally commit to its lesser Witcher 3. I am a dragon age guy through and through.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 01:42 AM
BackFire

Witcher 3 is a masterpiece and the best open world RPG I have ever played.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 02:13 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Witcher 3 is a masterpiece and the best open world RPG I have ever played.
The story and lore of Dragon Age is unrivaled to me in gaming. Dragon Age Origins was one of the best experiences in fantasy of my entire life. Nothing I doubt will ever rival the Blight and the wonder that game evoked in me.

I did beat Witcher 2 and do plan on getting around to it.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 02:25 AM