KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age 4

Dragon Age 4
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I replayed the series a few years back. It was a fun experience.
I only played on my play station. I may go back to origins after Witcher 3, god of war, oh who am I kidding. That is a lot of time to commit. Maybe some day.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 04:18 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked using Alistair with a mage cuz you could eventually get a power that makes him immune to knockdown. So I could hurl a fireball at enemies and he could keep on fighting.

Though I have beaten Origins I have not yet played Awakening. Is it worth it?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 10:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Alistair is such a great character.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 11:34 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plus the banter between him and Morrigan is classic.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 11:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Surtur
I liked using Alistair with a mage cuz you could eventually get a power that makes him immune to knockdown. So I could hurl a fireball at enemies and he could keep on fighting.

Though I have beaten Origins I have not yet played Awakening. Is it worth it?

Honestly, if you liked Origins even half as much as I did/do, I highly recommend it. It's a pretty hefty chunk of content, with all sorts of new stuff in it.

It's a proper expansion, not just a piece of tacked on DLC. You won't knock it out in a couple of hours and be done with it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 04:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Alistair is such a great character.
Teryn Loghain was my favorite of Origins. I did enjoy Alistair though.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 04:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Surtur, if you want to get anything close to a decent understanding of the full DA story, I recommend the following:

In Origins, play Awakening and Witch Hunt.
In 2, play Legacy.
In Inquisition, definitely play Trespasser, and I would also recommend The Descent, as I fully expect what happens in that to be referenced heavily in future games.

The rest of the DLC for the games ranges from okay to great, but is more tangential rather than necessary.

Golems of Amgarrak can get ****ed, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 07:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I never played Awakening nor the DA2 DLC and I had no trouble understanding what was going on in Inq. Think I watched a quick recap video going into Inquisition though because I knew the DA2 DLC kinda led directly into it.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 07:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Maybe understanding was the wrong word. Appreciation, maybe. You get the full experience. In Awakening for example, you meet [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Anders and Justice, and you get to see how he develops before you eventually meet him in the second game. Then in Legacy, you find out about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Corypheus.

Sure, you can watch a recap, but I'm one of those people that would feel like I missed out if I didn't experience it all firsthand myself.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 11:21 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I never played Awakening nor the DA2 DLC and I had no trouble understanding what was going on in Inq. Think I watched a quick recap video going into Inquisition though because I knew the DA2 DLC kinda led directly into it.
You are fine without playing it. The marketing team would not seek to alienate its fanbase by making the sequel hard to follow without playing it.

After playing inquisition I downloaded the one dlc for party 2 that leads into Inq because it had seen so long and I was into the character.

Even speaking of it might make Pr think we are posting spoilers or something. I better watch what I say because if I use the word twist he will believe I am trying to ruin a ten year old game or something for someone.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Dec 17th, 2018 at 01:21 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 01:11 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Surtur, if you want to get anything close to a decent understanding of the full DA story, I recommend the following:

In Origins, play Awakening and Witch Hunt.
In 2, play Legacy.
In Inquisition, definitely play Trespasser, and I would also recommend The Descent, as I fully expect what happens in that to be referenced heavily in future games.

The rest of the DLC for the games ranges from okay to great, but is more tangential rather than necessary.

Golems of Amgarrak can get ****ed, though.

Thanks, yeah I'm gonna play it.

You ever have a character capable of casting "Storm of the Century" ?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 11:00 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Surtur
Thanks, yeah I'm gonna play it.

You ever have a character capable of casting "Storm of the Century" ?

Oh, I don't do the Carta HQ/Deep Roads or parts of Denerim without it. Super spell. That and the paralysis explosion are my favourites.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 01:12 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

https://wccftech.com/dragon-age-4-a...h-live-service/

So much for getting excited about this one.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 01:15 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Being excited for a Bioware game haha

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 01:57 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

There wasn't much to get excited about it the first place.... But god damn! What the hell are they thinking?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 01:57 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

How did they do so good with Inquisition and **** up so bad with this one?? How in the world?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 02:12 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote:
An earlier take (codename: Joplin) headed up by longtime Dragon Age writer Mike Laidlaw was cancelled back in 2017 in order to shift resources to Anthem. This earlier version of Dragon Age 4 was designed to be smaller than your typical BioWare game, but with a greater focus on player choice. The game would have cast players as spies in the wizard-ruled land of Tevinter Imperium and focused on replayable heists and missions.
Sounds like it could have been promising. Like a sword and sorcery Payday. But EAs gotta chase those trends!

That said I'm not too broken up about it. Dragon Age as a setting is a single-player experience first and foremost. EA refuses to accept that(not enough micro-transaction money to be made in SP games), so pretty much any iteration of a sequel is doomed to be garbage.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Apr 10th, 2019 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 02:13 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I'm getting to the point where the only new thing I look forward to is a new From Soft game every two years.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 02:13 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Jmanghan
How did they do so good with Inquisition and **** up so bad with this one?? How in the world?

Well, I'd argue that Inquisition wasn't that good in the first place.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Sounds like it could have been promising. Like a sword and sorcery Payday. But EAs gotta chase those trends!

That said I'm not too broken up about it. Dragon Age as a setting is a single-player experience first and foremost. EA refuses to accept that(not enough micro-transaction money to be made in SP games), so pretty much any iteration of a sequel is doomed to be garbage.

Yeah. It sounds like a cool idea. But even if EA didn't force in their micro-transcations and "game as service" garbage, I still wouldn't expect much from the game.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 02:19 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by ares834
Well, I'd argue that Inquisition wasn't that good in the first place.

So suddenly we're not allowed to like things. Didn't know that.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 02:43 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote