KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age 4

Dragon Age 4
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

EA and the mainly weird, new A-Team at Bioware keep going in highly worrying directions. I'd love to see a "back to basics" kind of Dragon Age without any of all that extra bs. Or maybe drop Jade Empire 2 to give themselves some time to actually do it right this time so we don't get another Anthem or Andromeda.

As as Martial Arts/Magic/Fantasy game with a focus on 3d up close combat, the Frostbite engine could be very well for that. But then again the engine itself is trash so that might not even help it.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 02:31 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

More of the old guard gone. DA4's lead producer left Bioware not long after Anthem's left too. No coincidence there, right?

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/...hem-lead-exits/

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 06:16 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Another dev left recently too. I mean, on the one hand, people leave jobs all the time. On the other... Rats and sinking ships, etc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 11:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True...it's worrisome but who knows....

I recently worked in a group that had a manager for over 20 years and nobody really left....but they retired and after 3 months, 10 people went to work for a different department. It didn't mean that replacement was bad. This could be the same thing....

I doubt it based on the work of Anthem.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 11:00 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

They had better not ruin the greatest video game franchise of my lifetime. So much time between now and then but it does not look very promising with the headlines and the movement of the DA former team.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 11:12 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Another dev left recently too. I mean, on the one hand, people leave jobs all the time. On the other... Rats and sinking ships, etc.

Pretty much the end result of every empire, is decay.

At least until people figure out it's a hell of a lot easier to loot crops someone else sowed, then it is to farm them yourself, and the management track makes no distinction between the two.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 12:18 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Behind the Scenes video:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 08:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Jesus how long has this game been in development and they still only have concept art to show? Anthem really ****ed this studio.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 09:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I wish this game would come out faster!!!

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 10:39 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I want to get hyped. I really do. Right now I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Just don't make the same mistakes Inquisition did while keeping the good stuff (and at least trying to improve upon it) and I'm sure I'll be happy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 02:20 AM
BackFire

I’m sure once it releases I will enjoy it. I liked inquisition more than most did it seems. It just probably won’t be out for a few more years so it’s hard to get excited.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 02:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Idk, I don't have much faith in current Bioware. The writing will be derivative fantasy trash and the characters will be paper thin. I hope they surprise me, but I doubt it.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 02:43 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

The writing should be fine. Patrick Weekes is now in control of the franchise and the head writer. He was the best writer of the Mass Effect series and was responsible for some great stuff. I think the characters and writing will be good, not worried about that at all. I'm more concerned about gameplay and having fun activities to do out in the world.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 03:19 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BackFire
I’m sure once it releases I will enjoy it. I liked inquisition more than most did it seems. It just probably won’t be out for a few more years so it’s hard to get excited.

I liked the story. I just hated a lot of the padding.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 02:58 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That was the main problem with the game. I think Bioware was developing this game with what people wanted when it was in development (padding, tons of quests, things to do) but people wanted a more story driven quests and activities. Witcher 3 kind of proves that theory.

I get the complaints about padding...for sure but I don't think it was a bad game at all..

It's not a game that I'm probably ever going to play again because it's padding and how large it is...but I did put in a ton of hours in it.

Last edited by Smasandian on Aug 28th, 2020 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 04:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't think it was a bad game, but it did have its problems. The padding, inconsistent writing, some needlessly spongy enemies (mainly in the DLC but still).

I don't believe we'll ever get a game with the kind of tone and themes as we did in the original. At least, executed as well anyway. But if they at least try to give us a good game, then I'm sure I'll be there day 1, buying all the extra pointless dlc because why not.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 04:30 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Only ever played Inquisition and enjoyed it. But yeah it wasn't a perfect game.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 04:52 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Newjak
Only ever played Inquisition and enjoyed it. But yeah it wasn't a perfect game.

I'm a big fan of the story, at least. I don't approve of how you needed DLC to get the proper ending, but as a story I thought it was pretty good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 05:47 PM
BackFire

I’ve played inquisition a few times. It’s pretty easy to just skip the side content crap and just focus on the main story and important character quests. Makes the game a lot more fun.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 05:52 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm a big fan of the story, at least. I don't approve of how you needed DLC to get the proper ending, but as a story I thought it was pretty good.
Yeah the cliffhanger is rough

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 06:03 PM