KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Zod vs Count Nefaria

Zod vs Count Nefaria
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Post crisis, he gets strangled to death by his own soldier, Non, before the Green K can take him. About as sad a villian death as any.

You're thinking Pocketverse Zod, which was technically Pre-CRISIS Zod. The guy you mistook for Non, I think his name was Quex-Ul but I'm not positive.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Sounds like it's your stalk that's rising

I see what you did there. laughing

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 07:10 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

[QUOTE=16496527]Originally posted by Delta1938
Then, for starters, explain why during the training with Mongul, Superman straight up said he felt his powers surge.

Then explain why he went from struggling with an Imperiex Probe to casually taking them out, and the writer intent was clear that the Probes were just as powerful as before but he's different now(which the writer corroborated in an interview, for what it's worth).

Then explain UP, UP AND AWAY where his powers made clear jumps in level.

I know you won't though.
[/QUOT] Mongul told superman that distraction robs you of victory. Superman was so worried about Lois and others that he needed to " get into kill mode" why do you think They made doomsday think those probes were superman?? Mongul taught superman how to fight. DD hates superman and would kill him so common sense should tell you that making him think those probes were superman was the way to go. Zod, WW and her mother Will kill you, they didn't share supermans soft heart. Now you explain to me this... Why couldn't superman defeat CM in arm wrestling? Or that Mon-el is more powerful than superman? Why didn't he drop his mental blocks and help flash against Zoom? I can show you every hero in comics doing the not affecting something, then destroying it. That must mean EVERY character in comics have mental blocks???

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 07:30 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Sounds like it's your stalk that's rising

heh i get it. thumb up

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 07:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by cdtm
And in an even LATER arc:

(please log in to view the image)

stick out tongue
Wolverine would kill Zod.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 08:07 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Nefaria definitely has the lowest of the lows. Shame.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 08:13 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
[QUOTE=16496527]Originally posted by Delta1938
Then, for starters, explain why during the training with Mongul, Superman straight up said he felt his powers surge.

Then explain why he went from struggling with an Imperiex Probe to casually taking them out, and the writer intent was clear that the Probes were just as powerful as before but he's different now(which the writer corroborated in an interview, for what it's worth).

Then explain UP, UP AND AWAY where his powers made clear jumps in level.

I know you won't though.
[/QUOT] Mongul told superman that distraction robs you of victory. Superman was so worried about Lois and others that he needed to " get into kill mode" why do you think They made doomsday think those probes were superman?? Mongul taught superman how to fight. DD hates superman and would kill him so common sense should tell you that making him think those probes were superman was the way to go. Zod, WW and her mother Will kill you, they didn't share supermans soft heart. Now you explain to me this... Why couldn't superman defeat CM in arm wrestling? Or that Mon-el is more powerful than superman? Why didn't he drop his mental blocks and help flash against Zoom? I can show you every hero in comics doing the not affecting something, then destroying it. That must mean EVERY character in comics have mental blocks???

That's a long winded and poorly written way to avoid answering my question. Concessions accepted, kid.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 08:15 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by leonidas
and i'm saying he didn't have that liability later on when he became more confident in his abilities. THAT would be him at his best.

Agree to disagree, like i said before. thumb up
Looks like the thread's getting into shit talk territory going by what i'm seeing from others, so i'm switching to just reading i think.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 09:46 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by Delta1938
That's a long winded and poorly written way to avoid answering my question. Concessions accepted, kid.
As I thought. Nothing.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 09:48 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
As I thought. Nothing.

laughing That's why you only bothered to red herring one of my examples and couldn't even do that to the rest.

If you're going to lie and whatnot, at least try to be clever and witty. I know that's asking too much from you though.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 09:52 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

laughing That's why you only bothered to red herring one of my examples and couldn't even do that to the rest.

If you're going to lie and whatnot, at least try to be clever and witty. I know that's asking too much from you though.
I taught you what LITTLE you know about PERSONAL COMBAT superman.... Remember mongul telling superman that and more??? Nice try though.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:08 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
I taught you what LITTLE you know about PERSONAL COMBAT superman.... Remember mongul telling superman that and more??? Nice try though.

Superman said his powers surged. Bottom left panel.

"I could feel it in me, my powers surging."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/surge

to rise suddenly to an excessive or abnormal value "the stock market surged to a record high"

Explain if it's he ONLY holds back, why he felt his powers surging.

Then get around to responding to my other points. And actually what I said, not your fantasy.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:20 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

By the way, since doomsday, Zod, WW and her mother were beating probes, does that mean that superman had to drop mental blocks to get on their level of power?? I mean going by what you claim, a "regular superman" is less powerful than the ones named?? No.. mongul taught him how to fight like hell. Get it.. the others didn't need to be taught, they were doing just fine. Myth busted. Goodnight.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:25 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
By the way, since doomsday, Zod, WW and her mother were beating probes, does that mean that superman had to drop mental blocks to get on their level of power?? I mean going by what you claim, a "regular superman" is less powerful than the ones named?? No.. mongul taught him how to fight like hell. Get it.. the others didn't need to be taught, they were doing just fine. Myth busted. Goodnight.

Another red herring. And a pathetic one too(since even ignoring context, only Doomsday did what Superman did). I'd ask if you're ever going answer my questions, but we both know you won't and pretend you won.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:28 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I think that it would be ridiculous to think that Zod would easily defeat anyone capable of beating up on the Avengers team that Nefaria was beating on. If he won, I think he'd be worn out. On the other hand, I'm not sure that Zod could take that team. I mean if we were to look at that teams feats not to mention Thors feats alone.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:35 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Another red herring. And a pathetic one too(since even ignoring context, only Doomsday did what Superman did). I'd ask if you're ever going answer my questions, but we both know you won't and pretend you won.
It's called a pep talk get it. Pump up the troops before battle!!! Mongul don't know what a mental blocks is.If superman can't access his powers, how the hell can mongul? Try again.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:40 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
It's called a pep talk get it. Pump up the troops before battle!!! Mongul don't know what a mental blocks is.

So you're focused on straw grasping just one of the examples I gave. Concessions accepted.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:42 PM