KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ozymandias (Movie Version) Vs Sunny (Into The Badlands)

Ozymandias (Movie Version) Vs Sunny (Into The Badlands)
Started by: Drsoe08

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

Several of those "mooks" displayed far more fighting ability than anyone in the Watchmen movie.

If you think Ozy has better fighting feats, post them.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 04:58 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Even fodder Clippers have been trained since childhood in multiple forms of melee combat. Also, Sunny has beaten people like Silver Moon, the Widow and Quinn. Granted, he did gain the advantage against Quinn because of a distraction, but he had already been fighting quite a bit before they faced off, whereas Quinn hadn't.

But considering the OP's responses to some people (like implying Sunny wouldn't even be able to hit Ozy), the agenda here is clear.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 31st, 2018 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 05:14 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Even fodder Clippers have been trained since childhood in multiple forms of melee combat. Also, Sunny has beaten people like Silver Moon, the Widow and Quinn. Granted, he did gain the advantage against Quinn because of a distraction, but he had already been fighting quite a bit before they faced off, whereas Quinn hadn't.

It's funny how he came in here complaining that people were underestimating Ozy and then proceeds to do exactly that to Sunny.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 05:17 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Sunny’s not consider the best Clipper just as boast. Sunny outclass in all stats casually.

Also, look what he did to MK after MK turned black eye. MK shows better stats, minus fighting skills than all the Watchmen fighters.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 05:18 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Ozy has speed and strength advantage.
Skill is a wash.
Ozy wins.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 05:52 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by h1a8
Ozy has no speed and strength advantage.
Skill is a wash since Sonny completely dominates.
Ozy loses.

FTFY.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 06:11 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Ozy has speed and strength advantage.
Skill is a wash.
Ozy wins.

LOL!!!!!!!

Your massive bias keeps getting funnier and funnier.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 06:31 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ozy can’t hurt him

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 07:03 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Several of those "mooks" displayed far more fighting ability than anyone in the Watchmen movie.

If you think Ozy has better fighting feats, post them.

How do you quantify fighting ability? Both can block and parry attacks. Both can deliver fast attacks very efficiently and smoothly.

I quantify it by pawns (thugs, etc).

Nite Owl can defeat a bunch of thugs without getting touched.
Ozy can defeat Nite Owl and Rorschach simultaneously without getting touched.

Assume that BW can defeat a bunch of thugs in h2h. Then can she without getting touched? Can Sunny beat her without getting touched?
This is just an example of how we should argue skill.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 01:03 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Sunny puts up a better fight than NO and Rorschach but Ozy physically outclasses him in every way. Sunny is outmatched here.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 01:10 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

How do you quantify fighting ability? Both can block and parry attacks. Both can deliver fast attacks very efficiently and smoothly.

I quantify it by pawns (thugs, etc).

Nite Owl can defeat a bunch of thugs without getting touched.
Ozy can defeat Nite Owl and Rorschach simultaneously without getting touched.

Assume that BW can defeat a bunch of thugs in h2h. Then can she without getting touched? Can Sunny beat her without getting touched?
This is just an example of how we should argue skill.

If you don't understand how to judge relative skill, you shouldn't be debating.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 01:21 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The Widow wiped out entire groups of Mercenaries and Clippers without getting touched. She couldn't land a single clean hit on Sunny when they fought, and he didn't even bother to draw his second sword. Hell, out of hundreds of opponents, only a tiny handful have managed to tag Sunny even once or twice. Which is a testament to those individuals, both because of Sunny's onscreen feats and implied skill. Hell, even Silver Moon, a literal living legend with 999 kills, could only manage to push Sunny back once or twice when they fought. So, so much for the untouchable angle.

Also, lol at H1 trying to assert how "we" (as a group) should judge skill. As though he is qualified to tell others here how to analyse evidence and debate.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 02:25 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

@TheVaultDweller

Out of curiousity, how would you rank Sunny against Yang from The Warrior's way? Yang is officially titled the world's greatest swordsman and seemed to effortlessly slice his way through any and all opponents, though he did briefly struggle in the shed while he was protecting Lynne and the baby.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:03 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ozy isn’t hurting a man who survives being crushed by massive slabs of rock, point blank bomb explosions, being impaled, or being blasted through brick walls

Also lmao @ comparing two nooks like Rorschach and Nite owl to skilled martial artists like Widow or Baron who themselves dispatch multiple skilled armed opponents themselves yet lost to Sunny. Please show me any evidence that Sunny would struggle with cops of have feats beyond beating thugs

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:07 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Dreampanther
@TheVaultDweller

Out of curiousity, how would you rank Sunny against Yang from The Warrior's way? Yang is officially titled the world's greatest swordsman and seemed to effortlessly slice his way through any and all opponents, though he did briefly struggle in the shed while he was protecting Lynne and the baby.

Yang looks more impressive, visually. Honestly, some of his fights remind me more of Legend of the Sword King Arthur than Sunny. Not quite to the same level, but not that far off either.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:10 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

@ Carthage

That's something I find hilarious. How people can try to compare inmates and street thugs from Watchmen to people that we know have years of actual combat training (Clippers). Badlands fodder > Watchmen fodder.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:13 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yang looks more impressive, visually. Honestly, some of his fights remind me more of Legend of the Sword King Arthur than Sunny. Not quite to the same level, but not that far off either.

I watched it again tonight, for the first time in years, and what caught my attention was how effortlessly Yang sliced through his enemies, cowboys and ninjas alike. Didn't really seem to bother him much when people were shooting at him, either.

I think you're right - he's got some mystic ninja voodoo lifting him close to superhuman, definitely I'd say he's AT LEAST peak human.

Thanks!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:15 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

A normal human can’t withstand slabs of rock crushing them and multiple stab wounds and continue fighting

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:27 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Dreampanther
I watched it again tonight, for the first time in years, and what caught my attention was how effortlessly Yang sliced through his enemies, cowboys and ninjas alike. Didn't really seem to bother him much when people were shooting at him, either.

I think you're right - he's got some mystic ninja voodoo lifting him close to superhuman, definitely I'd say he's AT LEAST peak human.

Thanks!

You know, I kind of wondered why I was recalling such a strong recollection between Yang and Arthur, and now I remember why. Legend of the Sword basically ripped off one of the shots from The Warrior's Way in one of their fight scenes.

Seriously, check this out lol:

Around the 20 second mark here:

And then around the 32 second mark here:

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:28 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

And yeah, Badlands characters are insanely durable. Sunny was shot with flaming arrows, had Quinn collapse the tunnel on him, then fought like 20 of Quinn's Clippers, then got stabbed and ragdolled by Quinn during their fight (like a dropkick that sent him flying like 20 feet), and still walked out of that place without any problems.

And people like Quinn and Widow are tough as well. Widow shook off being dropkicked through a brick wall, and Quinn kept going after taking a slash to the side, and sword thrusts directly through the gut and upper torso.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 1st, 2018 at 03:40 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:38 AM