KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » uatu invades hell

uatu invades hell
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
The Weeknd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
surfer has flat out overpowered mephisto too,

He NEVER has without invoking 'soul purity' bullsh|t. If Mephisto wanted him dead, he could have killed him anytime he wanted to. He's already ONE shotted Surfer outside of Hell.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 09:12 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

https://imgur.com/a/U3ozm

ss admitted mephisto was stronger, but....still overpowered him anyway and mephisto could stop him, not through sheer power. i call that overpowering him, but i guess that might just be me. /shrug

regardless, mephisto acknowledged ss was a definite threat to him.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 10:22 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

https://imgur.com/a/U3ozm

ss admitted mephisto was stronger, but....still overpowered him anyway and mephisto could stop him, not through sheer power. i call that overpowering him, but i guess that might just be me. /shrug

regardless, mephisto acknowledged ss was a definite threat to him.

Mephisto was toying with him, here he is when he's not dicking around:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
One shotting Surfer outside of Hell. Something Tyrant, Tenebrous and Aegis, and I think Odin haven't done.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 10:28 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol toying with him? proof of that?? he tried and failed repeatedly against ss in that issue. your scans don't disprove or invalidate my own. it just shows that mephisto's level isn't consistent. one of the reasons his 'omnipotence' is challenged so often. thor embarrassed him:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-1442139

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-1442140

sure he has some good highs, but he has a lot of lows, enough to make this fight ANYTHING but a sure thing.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 02:07 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by zopzop
Adam had the Soul Gem.

Regarding the fight with Thor, we've seen Mephisto one shot heralds outside his realm before and punk entire teams of heroes. He's also known to throw fights to get what he wants later.

So?

Mephisto fluctuates a lot, we get it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 02:32 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor has a very favorable record against Mephisto. The implication from what we've seen, is that Mephisto would give a weakened Odin outside of his realm a good fight, and he doesn't want any business fighting a non-weakened Odin, period.

This is reinforced by Cul being > Mephisto and other Hell Lords. And Hela being equal or close to it against Mephisto (At least from the two showings that come to mind) and we know how she stacks up against Odin.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:11 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

mephisto was terrified by cul... anyway the more i read the more inclined to go with uatu i am for a majority. mephisto is just all over the map.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 03:16 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

lol toying with him? proof of that?? he tried and failed repeatedly against ss in that issue. your scans don't disprove or invalidate my own. it just shows that mephisto's level isn't consistent. one of the reasons his 'omnipotence' is challenged so often. thor embarrassed him:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-1442139

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-1442140

sure he has some good highs, but he has a lot of lows, enough to make this fight ANYTHING but a sure thing.

Pics don't load.

Post direct links, please.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 07:06 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

huh. that's odd. maybe post from the book later. can't recall the issue # off the top of my head. it's where thor seals mephisto in a pit and calls it a day. lol

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 01:01 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Thor 205 maybe.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 01:28 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

hmm, i dunnno man. there was some intimation that odin would be able to beat him. maybe rage knows what i'm talking about. it was during the arc where odin's soul was in the bag....and ghost rider also beat maephsito not too long ago. that was zarathos iirc (some of those gr's were hard to keep track of...) i'd put uatu in odin's category personally--maybe even slightly above. not sure who takes this tbh. it's close though imo. very very close.

A few people don't realize it, but the Rider in it's purest form can run with Sky Fathers. It's something that the people that have voted for Etrigan over Ghost Rider may not realize. Then again, I guess that it depends on the version being specified as well.

On topic, if we were using Galactus as a measuring stick, Uatu's chances of winning here should be a very tough sale.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 04:13 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

huh. that's odd. maybe post from the book later. can't recall the issue # off the top of my head. it's where thor seals mephisto in a pit and calls it a day. lol
Thor #205 (1972):
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 12:53 AM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 12:51 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 03:22 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Stoic
A few people don't realize it, but the Rider in it's purest form can run with Sky Fathers. It's something that the people that have voted for Etrigan over Ghost Rider may not realize. Then again, I guess that it depends on the version being specified as well.

On topic, if we were using Galactus as a measuring stick, Uatu's chances of winning here should be a very tough sale.

depends as always what state g was in, and turns out i was right. ss and nova fought and saved the planet g was ready to devour so he was def in a hungry state. he even tells mephisto himself in the battle that he he hungry as he begins to devour hell. g was def at less than optimum levels imo when he faced off with mephisto, adding further doubt to the levels of 'omnipotence' he actually has in hell. i'd rank him below odin for certain, which to me would be mean uatu could probably beat him.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 03:38 AM
Mindset

Uatu is getting that big ass head rocked.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 04:51 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Mephisto has ONE SHOT opponents that have given Thor a good fight. The Surfer one was already posted, here he is one shotting Wonder Man :
So him being beaten by Thor by being buried in lava is obvious BS. More over, he's done better against the Avengers than Zeus himself. He's causally owned She Hulk/Photon/Iron Man/Wonder Man/Black Knight/etc.. The Black Knight one is huge because even the Ebony BLade was powerless vs Mephisto's Hell fire, yet it absorbed and redirected Zeus' ligthening with ease.
Compare this
to this

Mephisto THROWS FIGHTS for sh|ts and giggles which would easily explain his low showings. More on this later.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor has a very favorable record against Mephisto. The implication from what we've seen, is that Mephisto would give a weakened Odin outside of his realm a good fight, and he doesn't want any business fighting a non-weakened Odin, period.

This is reinforced by Cul being > Mephisto and other Hell Lords. And Hela being equal or close to it against Mephisto (At least from the two showings that come to mind) and we know how she stacks up against Odin.

Mephisto played Hela for a fool on at least one of those occasions for laughs. She couldn't even break the mystic barrier Mephisto placed on Thor. She runs away to try and uses the Avengers as a distraction. Mephisto owns the Avengers, finds Hela, and forces her back against her will :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

And just when Hela thinks she won :

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 05:39 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 06:53 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Interesting fight and some interesting scans.

Mephisto is very hard to judge because at times he seems to be able to do anything and there is the whole hell lords "omnipotent in their own realms" thing.

But the fact is that people have beaten him in his realm. Galactus threatened to destroy hell with Mephisto seemingly unable to stop it. Surfer beat him (OK yes that was due to 'goodness'), Warlock defeated him in hell, and Thor has managed to come out on top at least two or three times with Mephisto even basically saying he couldn't beat the thunder god. Mephisto even tried to consume Thor's soul and it was so strong it broke free.

I also wondered about the hammer slagging incident and if it was possibly just an illusion. After all, Meph outright states he is not engaging in a physical fight but is trying to destroy Thor's will and spirit - and immediately follows up with illusion of Odin. Also, in other fights with Thor, Mephisto is clearing seen trying to avoid the hammer throws and trying other means of stopping it.

As for Zeus, well it is possible he just tried to use physical strength to hold it and was surprised he couldn't. Do we know for certain in those brief moments if he really exerted his full skyfather power to break/halt the enchantment? He didn't exactly seem to be going all out there.

Mephisto also has other low showings such as being captured by Black Panther.

Basically, Mephisto is all over the place and you never know what he is really doing or pretending or whatever. And maybe the writers shouldn't have him getting into fights with earth heroes because it inevitably makes him look bad.

That said, the Watcher is powerful and I don't think Meph can simply take his soul, however I can see Uatu getting into the same situation as Galactus did but without the ability to consume the realm to win out. This also recalls the Stranger vs Pluto in hell fight - Stranger was powerful, and Pluto had to draw on the power of his realm several times to keep fighting, but eventually Stranger had to call on help.

So edge to Mephisto. Outside of hell the fight is perhaps different.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 03:36 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by basilisk
Interesting fight and some interesting scans.

Mephisto is very hard to judge because at times he seems to be able to do anything and there is the whole hell lords "omnipotent in their own realms" thing.

But the fact is that people have beaten him in his realm. Galactus threatened to destroy hell with Mephisto seemingly unable to stop it. Surfer beat him (OK yes that was due to 'goodness'), Warlock defeated him in hell, and Thor has managed to come out on top at least two or three times with Mephisto even basically saying he couldn't beat the thunder god. Mephisto even tried to consume Thor's soul and it was so strong it broke free.

I also wondered about the hammer slagging incident and if it was possibly just an illusion. After all, Meph outright states he is not engaging in a physical fight but is trying to destroy Thor's will and spirit - and immediately follows up with illusion of Odin. Also, in other fights with Thor, Mephisto is clearing seen trying to avoid the hammer throws and trying other means of stopping it.

As for Zeus, well it is possible he just tried to use physical strength to hold it and was surprised he couldn't. Do we know for certain in those brief moments if he really exerted his full skyfather power to break/halt the enchantment? He didn't exactly seem to be going all out there.

Mephisto also has other low showings such as being captured by Black Panther.

Basically, Mephisto is all over the place and you never know what he is really doing or pretending or whatever. And maybe the writers shouldn't have him getting into fights with earth heroes because it inevitably makes him look bad.

That said, the Watcher is powerful and I don't think Meph can simply take his soul, however I can see Uatu getting into the same situation as Galactus did but without the ability to consume the realm to win out. This also recalls the Stranger vs Pluto in hell fight - Stranger was powerful, and Pluto had to draw on the power of his realm several times to keep fighting, but eventually Stranger had to call on help.

So edge to Mephisto. Outside of hell the fight is perhaps different.

Good post

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 03:57 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote