KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why they call it global warming...

Why they call it global warming...
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Your sentiments are moronic as neither Al Gore nor most people who are environment advocates have said that individuals living their lives are to blame. No one is interested in forcing you to walk 20 miles to your job and back. Where most of the blame lies is in industrial-scale pollution and with developing countries who are trying to catch up with the West's tech-level with suck reckless abandon that they're skyrocketing through infrastructure growth with no checks and balances. China for example is not wrong for wanting its billion+ citizens to have cars, but there's no reason for those 1 billion cars to be pumping out pollution at 1970's levels. An issue that China has acknowledged and is working on

"durrr AL Gore and Obama said I'm a bad person for driving my car" is a smokescreen tactic.

Funny guy here!

Tell me again, how much does Al Gore houses add to the problem verses an everyday joe? Really wants to know.

So yes you moron, if you are preaching to me about something you feel is important,you best believes you need to follow you’re own rules.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:41 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Your sentiments are moronic as neither Al Gore nor most people who are environment advocates have said that individuals living their lives are to blame.

What sort of 2nd grade bullshit is that from? If you want to lead a movement then you lead by example, don't hide behind some bullshit curtain of its not because of me.........(I'm the victim that causes my own problems...derp.)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:51 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Al Gore sounds like a hypocritical piece of trash. Also weren't there a whole shitload of things the dude predicted that didn't come anywhere close to happening?

He reminds me of celebrities who preach at us about immigration while living in gated communities. Or the same morons flying around in private jets who preach at us about the environment. They can get bent.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 05:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Your sentiments are moronic as neither Al Gore nor most people who are environment advocates have said that individuals living their lives are to blame. No one is interested in forcing you to walk 20 miles to your job and back. Where most of the blame lies is in industrial-scale pollution and with developing countries who are trying to catch up with the West's tech-level with suck reckless abandon that they're skyrocketing through infrastructure growth with no checks and balances. China for example is not wrong for wanting its billion+ citizens to have cars, but there's no reason for those 1 billion cars to be pumping out pollution at 1970's levels. An issue that China has acknowledged and is working on

"durrr AL Gore and Obama said I'm a bad person for driving my car" is a smokescreen tactic.

Glad to see you posting. Please post more.

But you're wrong.

Gore has made his position quite clear many times and those positions directly impact those "little people" you say are not the target.

Such as...

1. Imposing a carbon tax which would be footed by the very much average American.
2. Overhaul home and building, heating and cooling systems.
3. He wants to make gasoline much more expensive to incentivize consumers out of wanting to use it.
4. "Broad-based energy tax", which, when you look into it, is going to primarily impact the 126 million households in the US.

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Al...nergy_+_Oil.htm

So while you talk about Al Gore not targeting the average everyday person in your rebuttal, many of his ideas and policies directly target those people.

Your reply actually failed from the onset because you argued a very bad position to begin with. If we choose to move people towards clean and renewable energy sources, we SHOULD target the average everyday person AND businesses like Al Gore has done. It's not one or the other: it's both. The solution has to come from both supply and demand, not just supply.

Also, you're arguing against the idea that he's targeting just the average person by saying he's targeting the big industry. But to be fair to SquallX, he never took the position that Al Gore is only targeting average everyday Americans: your representation of his position is a strawman.

And here's a point that makes my butt hurt:

Some argue that Al Gore needs to operate such a huge carbon footprint so he can spread his message. If he convinces 100 people to change and reduce carbon emissions with a talk, then the flight he took to give that talk has a net negative, as the argument goes. That's just asinine. Let's reframe that argument to put it in context with how stupid it is: If I am an anti-rapist speaker that travels all over the world and I have to rape a couple of people to get to each of my speaking engagements....BUT!!! It convinces 100 people not to rape someone every time I speak, I STILL RAPED 2 PEOPLE. This is still hypocritical as f*ck.

What if Al Gore gave his speeches remotely using a very clean renewable energy source to power his electronics? Then he'd be living his message. Wonder what the big oil apologists would come up with, then? "He's operating his home almost purely through clean renewable energy sources, he travels to all domestic talks with a hydrogen fuel cell bus, and he gives almost all international speeches with video conferencing software from his clean energy home. That f*ckin' hypocrite."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 06:24 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Ahhh science.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 08:19 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote