KMC Forums

 
  REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!
 
 
Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did anyone within the SW universe care when Maul died?


Did anyone within the SW universe care when Maul died?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Registered: Dec 2006
Location: France


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
I'm happy to give all three Sith their due, but if people are going to mindlessly slurp upon the fountain of sperm that is Dooku's tip while picking away at the low hanging fruit which is Maul's poor handling by incompetent writers, then I have no issues upsetting your somewhat delusional world view with some harsh truths.


I like how the writers are the incompetent ones and not Maul shifty

You cannot exactly say that Maul had to work hard for everything he got considering he got literally hand picked by the most powerful Sith Lord of all time. Did he have natural talent? Yes, also the backing of someone whose power and influence went to dwarf Dooku. Just for context, I think that focusing in Dooku's resources without addressing that huge headstart is dishonest.


__________________

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2016
Location: United States


 

? All of Sidious's apprentices got handpicked by him lmao. I suppose Maul got trained from a younger age, but his training was also relegated almost exclusively to combat.


__________________

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 04:38 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Sith Lord

Registered: Oct 2014
Location:


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
I like how the writers are the incompetent ones and not Maul shifty

You cannot exactly say that Maul had to work hard for everything he got considering he got literally hand picked by the most powerful Sith Lord of all time. Did he have natural talent? Yes, also the backing of someone whose power and influence went to dwarf Dooku. Just for context, I think that focusing in Dooku's resources without addressing that huge headstart is dishonest.
Maul was left to fend for himself as a three year old on the lava scorched world of Mustafar for 17 days without any provisions (only one of many similar trials), but yeah, let's pretend he didn't work for everything he achieved. thumb up


__________________


The Ultimate Maul Essay

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 04:46 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd
Senior Member

Registered: Feb 2015
Location: Romania


Freedon Nadd is online now!

Conclusion: Palpatine was a bad Sith Master


__________________
The Ellimist: "Nadd is the 90 IQ guy who acts like a 70 IQ guy to make fun of the nerds"

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd
Senior Member

Registered: Feb 2015
Location: Romania


Freedon Nadd is online now!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
I kind of feel sorry for Kurk and Nadd. They're sort of like the real life versions of your Mauls and TCW Grievous', except it's actually their fault that they present themselves as mentally handicapped toddler-adults who can't form a half decent argument or bait thread to save themselves. They would be wise to revert to lurking like AP and Neph, instead of putting their capabilities (or lackthereof) on display constantly.


I don't see your point, here. What has my handicapped mentality to do with the fact that you hold Maul as Palp's greatest/all-knowing Sith apprentice?

I mean, I didn't call you retard or anything. So, stick those tags to yourself.
But probably me telling that you hold Maul in the greatest esteeme triggered your love for him.


__________________
The Ellimist: "Nadd is the 90 IQ guy who acts like a 70 IQ guy to make fun of the nerds"

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Registered: Dec 2006
Location: France


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Maul was left to fend for himself as a three year old on the lava scorched world of Mustafar for 17 days without any provisions (only one of many similar trials), but yeah, let's pretend he didn't work for everything he achieved. thumb up


No, I know that Sith training is a thing that can actively kill you and that it pushes the user, that's why is not called "Sith vacations". The matter of fact is that Maul didn't have to spend his life looking for a master or for power, since he was more or less raised into it. Through pain, soit, but it's not something a random slumboy has the opportunity to get.


__________________

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2016
Location: United States


 

Uhhh Dooku was raised into Yoda as an apprentice and later found Sidious, while Vader was, well, the Chosen One. Not sure what your point is here.


__________________

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:29 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Registered: Dec 2006
Location: France


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Uhhh Dooku was raised into Yoda as an apprentice and later found Sidious, while Vader was, well, the Chosen One. Not sure what your point is here.


The difference is that Yoda doesn't pick one lone succesor to his teachings. Sidious gave all kind of Sith wisdom to his handpicked apprentice, while Dooku got the regular jedi training and stood up by sheer talent.

Dooku is the working class hero here, not Maul smile


__________________

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry
Junior Member

Registered: Jan 2018
Location: Taris, pre-bombardment


 

Did anyone really care for his death IRL?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:40 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
True Sith

Registered: May 2007
Location: Ohio


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
No, I know that Sith training is a thing that can actively kill you and that it pushes the user, that's why is not called "Sith vacations". The matter of fact is that Maul didn't have to spend his life looking for a master or for power, since he was more or less raised into it. Through pain, soit, but it's not something a random slumboy has the opportunity to get.
You have to give Maul huge amounts of credit. Despite being cut in half and left for dead he rose to power to become a rival to Sidious. Sidious himself came down to challenge him because he's that damn good. Maul still wasn't killed off at this point and still evaded the empire despite being isolated and without allies for decades. Maul was resourceful and one of the most unique and badass Sith Lords of all time. **** the haters Maul is awesome.


__________________

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 10:56 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Gone, But Never Forgotten

Registered: Jul 2015
Location: The Darkest Corner of your Mind


 

If Maul was so wise and smart, why did he fail miserably at life? His accomplishments were fodder tier. Shadow Collective? A criminal gang? What a joke.


__________________
No, Robin. I won't stop. Not now, not ever. I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest and neither will you.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
True Sith

Registered: May 2007
Location: Ohio


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
If Maul was so wise and smart, why did he fail miserably at life? His accomplishments were fodder tier. Shadow Collective? A criminal gang? What a joke.
He didn't fail at life. Just the fact he was selected by Sidious shows he wasn't a failure at life. You seem all over the map here. Maul's accomplishments and feats stand tall amidst canon Star Wars history. Being a rival to Sidious is ****ing amazing. Don't be mad your guy was nothing more than a cuck. Dooku lived like a cuck and died like a cuck.


__________________

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 11:16 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Gone, But Never Forgotten

Registered: Jul 2015
Location: The Darkest Corner of your Mind


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
He didn't fail at life. Just the fact he was selected by Sidious shows he wasn't a failure at life. You seem all over the map here. Maul's accomplishments and feats stand tall amidst canon Star Wars history. Being a rival to Sidious is ****ing amazing. Don't be mad your guy was nothing more than a cuck. Dooku lived like a cuck and died like a cuck.
Maul cried and begged like a child for mercy. A rival indeed .


__________________
No, Robin. I won't stop. Not now, not ever. I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest and neither will you.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 11:22 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
True Sith

Registered: May 2007
Location: Ohio


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
Maul cried and begged like a child for mercy. A rival indeed .
Sidious cried and begged for mercy from Windu. It happens. Maul didn't back down from Sidious which is the point. Dooku didn't fight for his life. You'd think self preservation would kick in at some point.


__________________

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 11:28 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Gone, But Never Forgotten

Registered: Jul 2015
Location: The Darkest Corner of your Mind


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sidious cried and begged for mercy from Windu. It happens. Maul didn't back down from Sidious which is the point. Dooku didn't fight for his life. You'd think self preservation would kick in at some point.
I don't care about Sidious. He's a coward in his own way. I'm focusing on Maul. Dooku was man enough not to plea and beg (though if you acknowledged legends material he did there), he had honor. Maul got emotional like a little b1tch when Savage got double penetrated by Sidious rather than stay focused on the target at hand.


__________________
No, Robin. I won't stop. Not now, not ever. I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest and neither will you.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 12:58 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
True Sith

Registered: May 2007
Location: Ohio


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
I don't care about Sidious. He's a coward in his own way. I'm focusing on Maul. Dooku was man enough not to plea and beg (though if you acknowledged legends material he did there), he had honor. Maul got emotional like a little b1tch when Savage got double penetrated by Sidious rather than stay focused on the target at hand.
Point is he was t going to get anywhere from Sidious but Anakin was still a Jedi so confessing Sidious is a Sith Lord would have changed the entire scene. Fight for your life you cuck. Sidious just stated into his soul saying take it and he just did. Maul was weaponless and his self preservation kicked in. He learned from this as well.


__________________

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 01:09 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Registered: Dec 2016
Location:


 

Kenobi pretty blatantly cared

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Gone, But Never Forgotten

Registered: Jul 2015
Location: The Darkest Corner of your Mind


 

I think of it this way:

Imagine the galaxy-wide surprise and reaction if the hypothetical newspaper came out with 'SIDIOUS DEAD' or 'DOOKU DEFEATED' as the headline.

Now imagine if it said 'MAUL KILLED' and the people scratching their heads going "who?"


__________________
No, Robin. I won't stop. Not now, not ever. I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest and neither will you.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
True Sith

Registered: May 2007
Location: Ohio


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
I think of it this way:

Imagine the galaxy-wide surprise and reaction if the hypothetical newspaper came out with 'SIDIOUS DEAD' or 'DOOKU DEFEATED' as the headline.

Now imagine if it said 'MAUL KILLED' and the people scratching their heads going "who?"
Being more well known when Maul wasn't about recognition is an entirely separate discussion. Maul had an impact and that's undeniable despite his roadblocks.

Try to think about it in these terms. Imagine a puppet president and imagine the guy you don't even know who controls the president. Who would you rather be ?


__________________

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 03:02 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Gone, But Never Forgotten

Registered: Jul 2015
Location: The Darkest Corner of your Mind


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Being more well known when Maul wasn't about recognition is an entirely separate discussion. Maul had an impact and that's undeniable despite his roadblocks.

Try to think about it in these terms. Imagine a puppet president and imagine the guy you don't even know who controls the president. Who would you rather be ?
Maul wasn't the public figure nor the puppet master. He was just a loser. His plans failed; he orchestrated nothing.


__________________
No, Robin. I won't stop. Not now, not ever. I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest and neither will you.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 09:04 PM.
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< Contact Us - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Forum powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.