KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Asgardians vs. the MCU

Asgardians vs. the MCU
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
John Murdoch

Well, let's entertain both scenarios:

- Hela gets her super knifey powers (as it should be in this thread), then see my above response. Team is gonna have to utilize QS and Vision, as well as use the more exotic powers of Strange, AO, and Ant-Man or they'll all get impaled quickly. QS can run around for quite some time, but it's an unknown if he can ever finish the fight against Team Asgard if he's the last man standing for Team MCU.
- Hela doesn't get her super knifey powers, Team MCU's case gets much stronger, as now guys like Tony, Falcon, Vision, and Rhodey can go into the air and spam air strike after air strike on Hela. See again my above response for hax attacks on the other members of Team Asgard.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 12:56 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Even outside of Asgard she was strong enough to crush Mjolnir with one hand and the flashback valkyrie fight where she weapon spammed wasn't on Asgard. so why the pointless arguing over whether or not being on Asgard gives her a boost?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 01:37 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I realized that I mentioned in OP that all the Asgardians are at full power. So no sense in debating whether Hela is weakened or not. She's at full power for this fight.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 01:46 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Even outside of Asgard she was strong enough to crush Mjolnir with one hand and the flashback valkyrie fight where she weapon spammed wasn't on Asgard. so why the pointless arguing over whether or not being on Asgard gives her a boost?

I believe the battle of the Valkyries took place on Asgard.

Originally posted by FrothByte
I realized that I mentioned in OP that all the Asgardians are at full power. So no sense in debating whether Hela is weakened or not. She's at full power for this fight.

Okay.

Hela could solo them all, we don't even know if she can be killed. However i think the Ancient One would just imprison Hela in a Mirror Dimension.

So.....I'd say that the Avengers can win. Once Hela is contained, the others would fall fast.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 01:57 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

The battle didn't take place on Asgard. Odin sent the valkyries to stop Hela from escaping her prison.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 03:10 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The battle didn't take place on Asgard. Odin sent the valkyries to stop Hela from escaping her prison.

And she was defeated by the Valkeries right?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 12:34 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

She killed all the Valkyries save one. Don't think that constitutes a defeat.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 03:34 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

No; she skilled them, so Odin had to go and fight her.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 06:22 PM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Asgard is simply the source of her power. If Asgard exists she ia powerful.
OBVIOUSLY she doesn't need to be ON Asgard to be unstoppable. After all, she was the vanguard in the conquering of all the other realms, she wasnt ON ASGARD fighting them, was she?

And Thor didnt want Loki to open the bifrost because, as evidenced by the major plot point in Avengers and Thor, no one can travel between realms under their own power. Thor simply didnt want the bifrost open at all, not because hela is more powerful on asgard, but because no one can get there without the bifrost and he was protecting Asgard from her.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:33 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Juk3n
Asgard is simply the source of her power. If Asgard exists she ia powerful.
OBVIOUSLY she doesn't need to be ON Asgard to be unstoppable. After all, she was the vanguard in the conquering of all the other realms, she wasnt ON ASGARD fighting them, was she?

And Thor didnt want Loki to open the bifrost because, as evidenced by the major plot point in Avengers and Thor, no one can travel between realms under their own power. Thor simply didnt want the bifrost open at all, not because hela is more powerful on asgard, but because no one can get there without the bifrost and he was protecting Asgard from her.

Arguably the closer you are to the source of power, the more powerful you are.

Am well aware of Hela's conquest, as i said before, i never said she wasn't powerful outside Asgard. But on Asgard she get more powerful, the movie was way clear with that.

Originally posted by FrothByte
She killed all the Valkyries save one. Don't think that constitutes a defeat.

No; she skilled them, so Odin had to go and fight her.

Where in the movie did it said that Odin had to fight Hela? I don't remember such a scene.

Either way, we are not going to keep discussing this, the OP has stated that Hela is just as powerful as on Asgard in this thread.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:05 PM
Silent Master

I can't find a clip of the scene, I know this is a wiki and thus not 100% reliable. but it's all I have right now.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wiki...cite_ref-TR_0-0

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:53 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I can't find a clip of the scene, I know this is a wiki and thus not 100% reliable. but it's all I have right now.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wiki...cite_ref-TR_0-0

I see. Okay then.

The problem SM is that we don't have proof of how powerful Hela was in Hel in comparison to Asgard. We saw Hela launching titanic necroswords in Asgard.

Again, her power comes from Asgard and we know that Hemidall told Thor that Hela's power increased everyday, so again, Hela on Asgard isn't the same as Hela anywhere else.

A shame there are no movie clips of T. Ragnarok to bring further evidence.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 10:47 PM
Silent Master

She launched the weapon spam in Hel against the Valkyries.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 10:51 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

She launched the weapon spam in Hel against the Valkyries.

She also launched weapons against Thor and Loki when in the portal. She also crushed Mjolnir on earth.

Yet we saw Hela taking a massive lightning on Asgard and survive, doesn't mean the samething can happen somewhere else.

Again, we don't really know how Hela's powers are affected by Asgard, we just know they do per Thor Ragnarok.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:03 PM
Silent Master

The powers she showed while off Asgard are more than enough, so why argue something that isn't going to make a difference?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:05 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The powers she showed while off Asgard are more than enough, so why argue something that isn't going to make a difference?

I was just clarifying the point.

I still think the Avengers would win though.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:28 PM