KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » new forum

should the mods allows KMC posters to work on the forum and make threads about our wo
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes 4 40.00%
no 6 60.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

new forum
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Anytown, USA

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
A few things with new forums. They've been tried by several people since I've joined KMC. The C Master and Delph had degrees of success. With The C master probably putting the most work into his site. The rest have pretty much been abandoned.

Everybody wants to be a mod on new sites. When the initial flurry of anticipation and novelty wear off people generally go back to KMC. Especially those who wanted to be mods.

Rehashing old threads. Another drop comes when large KMC threads get remade on another forum. Again, once the novelty wears off people go back to KMC.

Most other free boards are just inferior. Despite KMCs age it's still superior in most aspects to free boards. Aside from recent glitches, KMC is still very stable and user friendly with built in conveniences.

Okay, i was wondering what this was about.

I'll register a name so no one uses it to do some dumb shit over there.


__________________


Being Spider-man would be frikkin’ awesome!

Last edited by riv6672 on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 10:40 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Canada

why put in time and effort into kmc a site that is dying instead of a new forum/site with a future? doesn't make sense to me


__________________

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 05:30 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Anytown, USA

But KMC -isnt- dying. Its hella active.
You want an example of a dead site, go to PANELS ON PAGES. That's a dead site.
I get wanting to take a stab at starting your own place, but trying to poach members by crapping on the site you're currently on is bad form.
Just my 2¢.


__________________


Being Spider-man would be frikkin’ awesome!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Gender: Female
Location: Poppin Pills on the Rainbow Bridge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
But KMC -isnt- dying. Its hella active.
You want an example of a dead site, go to PANELS ON PAGES. That's a dead site.
I get wanting to take a stab at starting your own place, but trying to poach members by crapping on the site you're currently on is bad form.
Just my 2¢.


i dont think hes poaching. just being proactive. many before have tried what hes trying


__________________

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:12 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

KMC is far from dead, but it obviously doesn't match the old days in sheer volume (the comic book vs. forum used to have like three pages of new threads every day).


__________________

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:15 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
Losing It

Gender: Male
Location:

Yeah, not the same as it used to be. Our respect forum is pretty much unused now too, when it was something KMC was well known for. Though that has a lot to do with Photobucket going full retard.


__________________


Please, let Thor rest.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:26 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: The Prince of all Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Facee
I don't see why it would suddenly crash. Is there some reason to be worried about kmc crashing? I don't see a problem here.


- Raz disappeared, last time seen in 2016

- there is a new owner of KMC, apparently (Tariq Anwar?)

- lots of glitches since the last server move, Raz promised to fix those, then made Ush his deputy and vanished


__________________

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
- Raz disappeared, last time seen in 2016

- there is a new owner of KMC, apparently (Tariq Anwar?)

- lots of glitches since the last server move, Raz promised to fix those, then made Ush his deputy and vanished


Ush never got made deputy Admin. That was something we pushed for, and he said he would do, but never did. Ush was just senior-most global.


__________________

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: The Prince of all Saiyans

I know, he never got any actual privileges, but still got elected by Raz.


__________________

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:44 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Anytown, USA

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i dont think hes poaching. just being proactive. many before have tried what hes trying

Its not what he's saying its more the how.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
KMC is far from dead, but it obviously doesn't match the old days in sheer volume (the comic book vs. forum used to have like three pages of new threads every day).

Man that is way too much. Sites that flooded always lost my interest back in the 00s.


__________________


Being Spider-man would be frikkin’ awesome!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 07:24 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I know, he never got any actual privileges, but still got elected by Raz.


Elected how? We all sort of deferred to ush at one point, but there was never a proclamation. He was technically no more powerful - even in implied status - than any other global.


__________________

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 04:04 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: The Prince of all Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Elected how?


http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1


__________________

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 04:25 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

I nominate that all current Mods and Administrators be fired and we get all new fresh blood to run this place.



__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 05:21 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)


Ah. No, that's what I was referring to. It was all talk. Never actually happened.


__________________

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:52 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: The Prince of all Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Ah. No, that's what I was referring to. It was all talk. Never actually happened.


Ush was chosen, accepted it (for a while) and nobody questioned Raz's decision.

1) Ush got hand-picked by Raz.

2) His title was changed to co-admin.

3) Raz disappeared without a word, never giving Ush any extra powers (kind of weird, considering Raz appeared online afterwards - last time on 24th March, 2016, even).

4) Bada and the rest of the forum respected Ush's co-admin status nonetheless.

5) Ush resigned, as being a co-admin makes no sense if it's nothing more than a title.


__________________

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 04:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ush was chosen, accepted it (for a while) and nobody questioned Raz's decision.

1) Ush got hand-picked by Raz.

2) His title was changed to co-admin.

3) Raz disappeared without a word, never giving Ush any extra powers (kind of weird, considering Raz appeared online afterwards - last time on 24th March, 2016, even).

4) Bada and the rest of the forum respected Ush's co-admin status nonetheless.

5) Ush resigned, as being a co-admin makes no sense if it's nothing more than a title.


Agreed in full. I think we're just talking about slightly different things. My "never happened" comment was in reference to any actual ability to make changes beyond what globals could already do.


__________________

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 04:23 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: The Prince of all Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Agreed in full. I think we're just talking about slightly different things. My "never happened" comment was in reference to any actual ability to make changes beyond what globals could already do.


thumb up


__________________

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
_

Gender: Male
Location: Avalon

Maybe Raz died, and the last log-on was somebody checking his internet history?


__________________

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:55 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Ain't got nothin'

Gender: Unspecified
Location: The streets

Why don't one of you homos just hack Raz's account and appoint someone trustworthy a secret admin with the power to give mod powers and make changes?
Raz was gone for years when I was last on. It's pretty obvious the guy got beheaded in a drunk driving accident after he got his last cheque from his KMC riches. Or the pressure of being a big shot kmc admin got to him and he hung himself to his last climax. Like he cares if someone comes in and changes things for the better.


__________________

"I am about to go in the kitchen and see if I can make tin foil make the ripping noise."
"I tried ripping metal...just wouldn't work for me."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:31 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Why don't one of you homos just hack Raz's account and appoint someone trustworthy a secret admin with the power to give mod powers and make changes?
Raz was gone for years when I was last on. It's pretty obvious the guy got beheaded in a drunk driving accident after he got his last cheque from his KMC riches. Or the pressure of being a big shot kmc admin got to him and he hung himself to his last climax. Like he cares if someone comes in and changes things for the better.


No one will hack raz because kmc members are all talk and no action. No one here has the balls to do it


__________________

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:39 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 07:57 PM.
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » new forum

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.