KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » new forum

should the mods allows KMC posters to work on the forum and make threads about our wo
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes 4 40.00%
no 6 60.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

new forum
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
I know somethin'

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Not in bait threads

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
No one will hack raz because kmc members are all talk and no action. No one here has the balls to do it
I'd do it if my skills with a computer didn't max out with finding sources of porn by looking at the brazzers site.


__________________

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:46 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Nuul
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I'd do it if my skills with a computer didn't max out with finding sources of porn by looking at the brazzers site.


Why the phuck are you looking at porn instead of wanting to be admin of kmc ? Your priorities are wrong bran erm


__________________

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:58 PM
The Nuul is currently offline Click here to Send The Nuul a Private Message Find more posts by The Nuul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
I know somethin'

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Not in bait threads

Not everyone can handle the pressure of being a KMC admin. Even to the end the only thing you know is the pressure you have to put into the shotgun trigger to end it all.


__________________

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:15 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

Gender: Male
Location: Theater of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
No one will hack raz because kmc members are all talk and no action. No one here has the balls to do it
If I knew how to hack, I feel like this site would be VERY easy to hack(it's security features are old as shit).... But that's neither here nor there.

The problem with most new forums is like Bada said: everyone acts like they'll start visiting, but never actually do. It will literally take KMC 404'ing for anyone to permanently jump ship. That's a fact.

...And everyone seems to want 'teh mod powa!!!!' on new sites, for some stupid reason. If it were me, I'd keep the same layout as current KMC(albeit with the extras you see on most forums these days), x-port over most of the noteworthy threads, keep the same mods(the ones who still want to be mods, at least), and let THEM decide who else should be 'modded'... And I'd most definitely give one of the globals access to the Admin side of things, just in case I went full-Raz.


__________________

"The Grand Admiral was smart and subtle, but never used his brilliance to show up or humiliate anyone.
He demanded results, but never perfection, and had amazing stores of patience for those who were truly working to their fullest ability.
It was a pity Thrawn's style of leadership hadn't spread through the rest of the navy.
If that happened, he suspected, the Empire would stand forever."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
If I knew how to hack, I feel like this site would be VERY easy to hack(it's security features are old as shit).... But that's neither here nor there.

The problem with most new forums is like Bada said: everyone acts like they'll start visiting, but never actually do. It will literally take KMC 404'ing for anyone to permanently jump ship. That's a fact.

...And everyone seems to want 'teh mod powa!!!!' on new sites, for some stupid reason. If it were me, I'd keep the same layout as current KMC(albeit with the extras you see on most forums these days), x-port over most of the noteworthy threads, keep the same mods(the ones who still want to be mods, at least), and let THEM decide who else should be 'modded'... And I'd most definitely give one of the globals access to the Admin side of things, just in case I went full-Raz.


Good summation. And why anyone would willingly want to mod is beyond me. Bada and PR are goddamn saints, among the handful of others who have stuck around who deserve similar praise.

I'm functionally retired, so I don't actually think of myself as a mod anymore (I ban/close the odd sock or spam thread, but that's it). But like, aside from using my position as leverage to get the respect forum created years ago, there's been precious little worthwhile in my decade or so of moddom, at least none that wouldn't have been the same as a regular member. There's literally no power trip, unless you're content to be stupid for about a day until you get stripped of your powers. Though I will say it prepped me faster than regular membership would have for dealing with trolls both online and irl, which is no small skill.

If I saw the endgame in the form of either ad revenue that would justify the work, or a markedly better forum that people would actually go to, it might be different. Or a decade ago when I had nothing but free time. As it is, this thread's attempt at going streaking down to the Quads was about as successful as it was in the movie.


__________________

Last edited by Digi on Feb 9th, 2018 at 09:37 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

Gender: Male
Location: Theater of War

...vs what I thought you said:
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I'm functionally retarded


__________________

"The Grand Admiral was smart and subtle, but never used his brilliance to show up or humiliate anyone.
He demanded results, but never perfection, and had amazing stores of patience for those who were truly working to their fullest ability.
It was a pity Thrawn's style of leadership hadn't spread through the rest of the navy.
If that happened, he suspected, the Empire would stand forever."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
...vs what I thought you said:


Lol. You made me check my original post just to be sure. It's the end of the work week, after all.

no expression


__________________

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:38 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

Gender: Male
Location: Theater of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
If I saw the endgame in the form of either ad revenue that would justify the work, or a markedly better forum that people would actually go to, it might be different. Or a decade ago when I had nothing but free time. As it is, this thread's attempt at going streaking down to the Quads was about as successful as it was in the movie.
A'men.


__________________

"The Grand Admiral was smart and subtle, but never used his brilliance to show up or humiliate anyone.
He demanded results, but never perfection, and had amazing stores of patience for those who were truly working to their fullest ability.
It was a pity Thrawn's style of leadership hadn't spread through the rest of the navy.
If that happened, he suspected, the Empire would stand forever."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Gender: Male
Location: Planning to take over the WORLD!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I'm functionally retired,


archived. thumb up


__________________

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:54 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Donald Dick Butt (DDB)

Gender: Male
Location: House Authority

In case anybody is wondering administrators cannot see your private messages.

I can see ( for example), on TA, who you have pm'ed and who has pm'd you but not the message itself.


__________________

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 01:52 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 08:17 AM.
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » new forum

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.