KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » General Zod Vs Unworthy Thor

General Zod Vs Unworthy Thor
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Only its core had not exploded and it was about to explode within minutes.

Not sure what ure saying here.

That was just her hallucination. Nothing more.

Normal black holes don't usually choose to suck in your insides and leave a pile of skin.
erm

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qDlKU-yk...00/022_0019.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qwjwU_TQ...00/022_0020.jpg

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Feb 6th, 2018 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 06:48 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hal Jordan has ONE bad showing against a Kryptonian and suddenly he sucks?

Was getting owned by Diana and outright destroyed by Orion. I wouldn't call those bad showings but the consistency is there. Bricks vs Lanterns ends with them getting dominated.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 07:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Why is Superman/Wonder Woman no longer canon to Zod?
This question is hilarious, given how obvious it is for anybody reading the comics.

Besides the fact that Superman and WW's relationship stories are out of continuity? The current version of Zod has Ursa as a wife and a kid, with Faora literally retconned out of continuity, making that story impossible:

(please log in to view the image)

In the WW story, Superman and Zod meet for the first time, and it's Zod's first time entering the DCU. That has been taken out of continuity by Superman Reborn, in which it's made clear that the post-crisis version of Zod is now the canon one. Superman takes him to the fortress of solitude in the Wonder Woman arc, but in the Superman Revenge Squad he finds out about it for the first time. etc. Dozens of things that one with even basic knowledge would know.

Thor's not a 5'10 shortie like yourself. If Zod tried grappling Thor, he'd get a thunderbolt up his ass, and an axe down his throat.

Damn, I really did a number on you in that talk. I even forgot about you being a pu*sy in front of your girlfriend and family. You really spend your days thinking of it, aren't you?

Which makes the fact that you're bragging about things like country of birth and height in this thread, which are out of a person's control [unless you somehow chose which c*nt your father unloaded into?], while obviously being a beta in the things that you can control, even more hilarious. The fact that I never said my height is even weirder.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 6th, 2018 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:21 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

You typed a lot of useless information and have yet to explain to me why it is non-canon. Inconsistencies in stories, happen literally ALL the time. Half the writers of Thor completely ignore the work of the previous one and basically write a completely different Asgard, with various stories changed.

You still haven't explained why it's non-canon? Inconsistencies =/= non-canon. Is there a panel that specifically says it's a different Zod, or a different variation?

This part: "That has been taken out of continuity by Superman Reborn, in which it's made clear that the post-crisis version of Zod is now the canon one."

Tweaks to Superman' story line, like OWAW being canon now, would make sense why Superman's history would be convoluted, but explain to me why it changes anything from Zod. From what I understand, the relationship never existed, but that just involves Superman being a c*ck wiped from continuity. At best, you are describing a fresh take on the character.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Feb 6th, 2018 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:49 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

That's not what the artist who drew the page said.
Thor isn't hulk who gets stronger with anger despite what your retarded fantasy tells you.

What betason claimed, he did not do. Not for the first time either.

Are you seriously retarded? That issue was published in 2015. How is that related anyway?

It's only a possible future and does not relates anyway to 616 reality.

Aaron's Galactus is a ***** of the highest magnitude anyway.

It had little effect on any of these fights except betason getting emasculated.

What a surprise.

No, he would get a slash and then shove the axe up betason's ass.

It's not a game changer in any fight for last three years except against celestials.

It's going to slash Zod. That's it.

Your father should've had vasectomy. You're a waste of sperm.

I don't care what the artist said (Also, post the source for it), I am telling you, what was drawn not in ONE panel, but in TWO, WITH dialogue supporting it. He is contradicted by his OWN work and Jason Aaron's work.

Thor has multiple examples of getting angry and outperforming his previous attempts. He holds back significantly. Everyone from Luke Cage to Namor has done this.

It's a classic comic trope you mudwater drinking idiot.

Except, that it is, or was, directly canon to the 616, with Loki being able to travel from the future to the past, and Doom from the past to that exact future. On different occasions. It IS the future in the Thor comics.

It'd be disingenuous to disprove it, as it goes in-line with the previous showings of Aaron's about the axe.

What? It hurt the sh*t out of Galactus, took out Gorr, took out Apocalypse (Who, even without indestructible Celestial armor, is incredibly hard to hurt because of shape-shifting and innate durability), took out Thor and was the only thing to even scratch the Destroyer in the last 4 years aside from Mangog (That includes Freya, the Phoenix, Gladiator etc.). You are legit retarded.

It...it literally ended like 4 different fights with one clean hit of the actual blade you mongoloid.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:58 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Inconsistencies do happen all the time, true....but coming just after an event which literally changes his history?

Plus, I'd say Faora not existing is a pretty big inconsistency.....

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:59 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Inconsistencies do happen all the time, true....but coming just after an event which literally changes his history?

Plus, I'd say Faora not existing is a pretty big inconsistency.....

I agree, but he's saying it's non-canon. That's a pretty big leap.

There are plenty of things I'd like to argue are non-canon. The All-Mother (Idunn, Freya, Gaea) was completely retconned under Fraction compared to the last writer for example. It doesn't render any stories with the previous incarnation non-canon. Since when do we assume certain things are non-canon unless specifically stated so?

Almost 90% the writer after Aaron completely ignores everything done with Jane and does a 180 on Odin. It's a consistent pattern for the Thor comics. It doesn't change his shitty character change or make it inadmissible.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:02 PM
Philosophía

You typed a lot of useless information and have yet to explain to me why it is non-canon. Inconsistencies in stories, happen literally ALL the time.

Is there a panel that specifically says it's a different Zod, or a different variation?

There's a difference between inconsistencies, and all of the plot elements being retconned out of existence. What part of Faora not being canon anymore as an actual character, and her being replaced in current continuity with Zod's wife and kid [Zod fought Superman and WW alone then? More power to him!], Superman Wonder Woman not being together [both of which were the entire focus of that storyline], Zod not meeting Superman there for the first time, Zod not being left alone in the fortress by Superman due to Clark not knowing that he is evil not happening, Zod then being retconned as ever being in the fortress [which was a massive part of the plot] etc. does not register?

You're getting stomped for your lack of knowledge. Go back in the corner, I don't have time for this.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:04 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So if Faora doesn't exist.....how did the fight between WW/Supes/Faora/Zod go down?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:05 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

So if Faora doesn't exist.....how did the fight between WW/Supes/Faora/Zod go down?
Rage is so dumb, that he is low-key making a respect thread here for Zod, showing that he took Superman and Wonder Woman alone.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:07 PM
carver9

You typed a lot of useless information and have yet to explain to me why it is non-canon. Inconsistencies in stories, happen literally ALL the time. Half the writers of Thor completely ignore the work of the previous one and basically write a completely different Asgard, with various stories changed.

You still haven't explained why it's non-canon? Inconsistencies =/= non-canon. Is there a panel that specifically says it's a different Zod, or a different variation?

This part: "That has been taken out of continuity by Superman Reborn, in which it's made clear that the post-crisis version of Zod is now the canon one."

Tweaks to Superman' story line, like OWAW being canon now, would make sense why Superman's history would be convoluted, but explain to me why it changes anything from Zod. From what I understand, the relationship never existed, but that just involves Superman being a c*ck wiped from continuity. At best, you are describing a fresh take on the character.

Another question should be, what happened to Zod and Faora if they are no longer Canon. I'm talking about the Zod that fought Superman "before" the rebirth.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

That's the question.

We know events still happened. We also know details changed, like Superboys existence.

I'm inclined to believe Ursa merely replaces Faora, but who really knows?

Zods kid has no reason to hate on Supes in the original version, that's for sure. (And didn't he die? He was Nightwing, or Nightbird or something.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by cdtm
That's the question.

We know events still happened. We also know details changed, like Superboys existence.

Zods kid has no reason to hate on Supes in the original version, that's for sure. (And didn't he die? He was Nightwing, or Nightbird or something.)

The Superman/WW storyline couldn't have happened, for all the reasons I stated, and more. I didn't even get into the fact that Brian Azzarello's run has been retconned out of existence, so Apollo also isn't present in that story...

He was, and he grew up, he wasn't a kid. Apparently that part of post-Crisis continuity is no longer canon either. And it's only natural, since Jon has been his sole kid for most of the current continuity.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:14 PM
DarkSaint85

That's the question.

That's Dick Grayson, noob.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:20 PM
cdtm

That's Dick Grayson, noob.

Different Nightwing, Carver-bait. stick out tongue

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Different Nightwing, Carver-bait. stick out tongue

Not clicking on that link, I bet it's full of misinformation thumb up

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:26 PM
Philosophía

Not clicking on that link, I bet it's full of misinformation thumb up
It's dragon hentai.

You wouldn't like it.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:28 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Philosophía
There's a difference between inconsistencies, and all of the plot elements being retconned out of existence. What part of Faora not being canon anymore as an actual character, and her being replaced in current continuity with Zod's wife and kid [Zod fought Superman and WW alone then? More power to him!], Superman Wonder Woman not being together [both of which were the entire focus of that storyline], Zod not meeting Superman there for the first time, Zod not being left alone in the fortress by Superman due to Clark not knowing that he is evil not happening, Zod then being retconned as ever being in the fortress [which was a massive part of the plot] etc. does not register?

You're getting stomped for your lack of knowledge. Go back in the corner, I don't have time for this.

You haven't answered my questions.

Nothing you have posted indicates specifically that these events DID NOT happen, or that they happened in a completely DIFFERENT way. Ergo, they are still very much canon.

I don't know why your dumbass thinks complicating the matters and ignoring the showing is justifiable by inconsistencies. Comics play to the lowest common denominator. There isn't some secret retcon that has never been mentioned but should be obvious to the people who have read every single issue and no one else.

If this was intended to be the real Zod, and a completely different being from the past one, it would have been made abundantly clear. Wonder Woman's mythos is going through a complete revamp, the past is still canon.

Why are you so dumb?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:24 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Flip Faora for Ursa, does it really change anything? Not really. They hardly have established and well known traits that would distinguish them.

You can use this logic for so many other showings but no one does. It always does seem to pop up in Superman threads though.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:26 AM
quanchi112
Disney

You haven't answered my questions.

Nothing you have posted indicates specifically that these events DID NOT happen, or that they happened in a completely DIFFERENT way. Ergo, they are still very much canon.

I don't know why your dumbass thinks complicating the matters and ignoring the showing is justifiable by inconsistencies. Comics play to the lowest common denominator. There isn't some secret retcon that has never been mentioned but should be obvious to the people who have read every single issue and no one else.

If this was intended to be the real Zod, and a completely different being from the past one, it would have been made abundantly clear. Wonder Woman's mythos is going through a complete revamp, the past is still canon.

Why are you so dumb?
thumb up

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote