KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » John Stewart vs Silver Surfer

John Stewart vs Silver Surfer
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XLR87T3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman would beat Surfer even more easily than he does to Hal.

Let me guess, you're from comicvine and Superman being only a "moon buster" somehow means he is weaker than Surfer, right?

Why would Hal needs any amp to beat Surfer?
lol you're hilarious. Anyways, Surfer steamrolls guys like Superman and Hal when he's serious. They are on completely different tiers (strength means very little here, and Norrin is more durable anyways). Come back when Superman or Hal has better consistent feats than SS. Not counting PIS or outliers.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:46 PM
XLR87T3 is currently offline Click here to Send XLR87T3 a Private Message Find more posts by XLR87T3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by XLR87T3
lol you're hilarious. Anyways, Surfer steamrolls guys like Superman and Hal when he's serious. They are on completely different tiers (strength means very little here, and Norrin is more durable anyways). Come back when Superman or Hal has better consistent feats than SS. Not counting PIS or outliers.

Yeah right. Can you show us Surfer steamrolling guys like Superman and Hal?

Yes, Superman is at a whole level above Surfer. Surfer isn't even as durable as Superman much less more durable.

What are these outliers and PIS? Whatever you don't like? Sorry kid, this ain't comicvine.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 03:03 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Well, we gotta start somewhere..

Does Surfer have anything that comes close to to John beating the whole Justice League with no outside assistance?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 06:07 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Beating Aegis and Tenebrous

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 06:34 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

quote:
Does Surfer have anything that comes close to to John beating the whole Justice League with no outside assistance?

Helps if you learn how to read, so I don't have to repeat myself thumb up

Surfer doesn't start fights with the Crunch by his side, otherwise I'd have specified "Surfer vs John Stewart right next to the crunch". He starts with his own power, which was vastly inadequate against T&A.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 06:46 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cable_Extreme
The Terminator

The problem here is Silver Surfer's cosmic manipulation. It is sort of a hax to most DC characters.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 08:05 PM
Cable_Extreme is currently offline Click here to Send Cable_Extreme a Private Message Find more posts by Cable_Extreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Cable_Extreme
The problem here is Silver Surfer's cosmic manipulation. It is sort of a hax to most DC characters.

Is it now?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 04:53 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Cable_Extreme
Unless 'hax' translates to 'essentially useless', you'd be wrong.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 08:13 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

For whatever reason, Surfer doesnt have the adequate showings with his hax abilities to let him use them effectively in a forum fight against high caliber opponents. He's left mostly with hypothetical situations because of his lack of high end wins.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 08:16 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Damborgson
For whatever reason, Surfer doesnt have the adequate showings with his hax abilities to let him use them effectively in a forum fight against high caliber opponents. He's left mostly with hypothetical situations because of his lack of high end wins.
The fact that he is 'competitive' with Thor for the best high-herald in Marvel is a sham.

Surfer has literally never went above his weight class without explicit stuff helping him [like the crunch] or plot-devices. He has no 'extra dial' like a true top tier does.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 08:53 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

What he does have in abundance though, is lip service.

I was reading his main title, there could be a drinking game for every time it mentions his power is essentially limitless, or something along those lines. Then he loses or gets,a hard,time with nobody's.

He does have a very good record against the Hulk though at least.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 09:40 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that sig.... lol thumb up

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 11:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Just you know...trying it out...

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 12:19 AM
Philosophía

The fire rises.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 12:20 AM
CosmicComet

I see Philo's Palpatine tactics are slowly wearing on Damb's soul.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 12:22 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

cracks all through that dam.... thumb up

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 08:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Looks like the comicvine trolls are trying to nest here.

Surfer in no way stomps John or Superman. He does not stomp Thor who Superman/John can easily put up good fights against.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 11:23 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by playa1258
Looks like the comicvine trolls are trying to nest here.

Surfer in no way stomps John or Superman. He does not stomp Thor who Superman/John can easily put up good fights against.

He's been here since September 2016 but has about a dozen and a half posts.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;userid=151791

I'm gonna guess a sock.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 01:19 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Bump.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 04:00 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think any name human GL including Guy can go 50:50 with Kyle and Hal winning a majority.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 04:32 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote