KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Shazam Vs Snowbird

Shazam Vs Snowbird
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
meh, it's a giant monster. maybe it wins, but even in that form i don't see it as being a sure thing. and she's not likely to take any god forms anyway so it's pretty moot. regardless, the guy walks through the thunderbolt's magic, so whatever magical being he comes up against, i like his odds if he's fighting to win.

of course, that isn't the current version, who i've seen precious little of. /shrug

Giant monster? Far more then that. I’ll gladly debate captain marvel vs. a Great Beast. She has been doing it far more recently. Even took Tundras form in one of her last appearances

Magic has worked on Billy in the past FYI

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 01:13 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Sidenote. Always surprised Snowbird’s god blast doesn’t get much respect

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 01:27 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^nice!
I'd like to see that pitted against CMs lightning.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 05:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

sure, i'll bite. magic has absolutely worked on him in the past, and failed miserably in the past. regardless, what has she done in a great beast form aside from becoming really big that says she kills a near superman level character? assuming of course she does take that form to begin with which i still think is extremely unlikely, moreso given that she's facing a single opponent.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 12:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

All good questions.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 01:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

sure, i'll bite. magic has absolutely worked on him in the past, and failed miserably in the past. regardless, what has she done in a great beast form aside from becoming really big that says she kills a near superman level character? assuming of course she does take that form to begin with which i still think is extremely unlikely, moreso given that she's facing a single opponent.
Originally posted by riv6672
All good questions.

I already addressed this in my previous post. In her Great Beast form, she took on (and beat) an army of enslaved Gods that were overwhelming the God Squad (which included Demogorge and I assume you'll agree he's MORE powerful than Superman). When she told them to flee because she couldn't control herself in that form, Demogorge himself cut and ran.

She destroys any herald level character in Great Beast form.

EDIT :
CM is NOT a Superman level character either.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:11 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Killed beings that hurt demogorge. Took on THOUSAND of God’s that the other fear beasts fled from. She can become any great beast. Equal copies too. So what they can do so can she

As I said earlier she typically wouldn’t unless very motivated. Recently it’s more in character as she has been taking other great beast forms and even nanook the god of polar bears

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:26 PM
-K-M-

Also to note snowbirds god blast stopped the great beasts who the Chaos King and his god army were LOSING against. NO GODS sans super god Hercules did anything close to that feat

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:29 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by -K-M-
Also to note snowbirds god blast stopped the great beasts who the Chaos King and his god army were LOSING against. NO GODS sans super god Hercules did anything close to that feat

thumb up

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:54 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so the great beasts>chaos king, and her god blast>the great beasts? is that the allusion being made here...?

and she didn't beat that pack of gods. the whole point was she willingly sacrificed herself to buy time for the team. she also seemingly died (at the time) while fighting them, and the others took off BECAUSE of her sacrifice. all she did in that form was buy them time. not saying it wasn't an impressive form, but from that scene it was hard to tell exactly WHAT it was able to do. how it was that she later reappeared alive i'm not sure was ever explained--at least i don't think i've seen the explanation. maybe had to do with herc's defeat of the skrull god?

afaik the beasts have some good feats and some...less than great feats. so what can she do as a beast exactly? been a long while since i looked back at some of those issues, but this sounds suddenly like snowbird is>>skyfathers and zop's allusion is crystal clear--snowbird>>demogorge too. lol

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Not allusion. That was what was shown and stated in the one shot. Crazy I admit but that was how the comic portrayed it. It was even noted th beasts weren’t even full power in the fight either. Timeline this happened was between chaos war 3-4.

She didn’t beat them all. But she was killing hundreds of them and was taking on thousands at the same time and STILL survived while the God Squad couldn’t take on a few and had to run. Not sure how or why your trying to downplay that high level feat. No she didn’t die. It was shown. Continued to take them all on and then transformed into millions of insects and flew off to catch up with the rest of the team and was fine from the battle

Their lower showings were avatars and under the 20minute rule. Which beast would you like to know about? Tanaraq recently was the reason for world war wendigo in amazing X-Men

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:06 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

He will always be Captain Marvel to me.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:45 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by juggernaut74
He will always be Captain Marvel to me.

Me too. But marvel now has really took that from DC

Had high hopes for Billy in new52 but they really don’t know what to do with him and the Marvel Family

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:48 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by -K-M-
Me too. But marvel now has really took that from DC

Had high hopes for Billy in new52 but they really don’t know what to do with him and the Marvel Family
I was under the impression they could call him Captain Marvel just not use that name in the title of the movie/TV show/comic.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:50 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oh yeah, the insects.... forgot. thumb up

i'm not buying the comparison of that blast. i've def not read that book so i'm not sure of the context, but if you take that at face value she's what....>>>chaos king? i KNOW you're not suggesting that so how do we view the feat? one off? contextually based? i dunno.

i'm not really downplaying the feat. what appears to have happened is that she became huge and engaged them in a purely physical battle. she was able to hold her own because she became...overwhelmingly large and had...lots of biting mouths? she was huge, and DID hold them off but in that form she didn't really demonstrate any 'power'. i dunno. the durability of those things was basically unknown too but they felt like fodder. anyway, here is the whole scene for those who haven't seen it:

https://imgur.com/a/FALc0

she only took the form because the situation was dire as well. pretty sure the demogorge wasn't at his eating elder gods level either. he was rather disappointing the entire arc tbh.

anyway, maybe scans of her in beast form and some of the things she's done in those forms so people can see for themselves.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:51 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by zopzop
EDIT :
CM is NOT a Superman level character either.

Again, agree to disagree.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:43 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

I agree with Mungi, Shazam wins easily.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:44 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

oh yeah, the insects.... forgot. thumb up

i'm not buying the comparison of that blast. i've def not read that book so i'm not sure of the context, but if you take that at face value she's what....>>>chaos king? i KNOW you're not suggesting that so how do we view the feat? one off? contextually based? i dunno.

i'm not really downplaying the feat. what appears to have happened is that she became huge and engaged them in a purely physical battle. she was able to hold her own because she became...overwhelmingly large and had...lots of biting mouths? she was huge, and DID hold them off but in that form she didn't really demonstrate any 'power'. i dunno. the durability of those things was basically unknown too but they felt like fodder. anyway, here is the whole scene for those who haven't seen it:

https://imgur.com/a/FALc0

she only took the form because the situation was dire as well. pretty sure the demogorge wasn't at his eating elder gods level either. he was rather disappointing the entire arc tbh.

anyway, maybe scans of her in beast form and some of the things she's done in those forms so people can see for themselves.

That’s what happened. Multiple times said the great beasts were winning. They were still under the 20min rule and weren’t full power. Also mentioned in the story and were growing stronger and stronger and only thing that stopped them was snowbird. Of course chaos king then took advantage of snowbirds attack. No she’s not stronger then chaos king. But the reason the great beasts were brought to earth was their best bet to defeat CK and his army and they were actually winning. *shrugs* She hasn’t done that god blast again so like I said on first page don’t believe she would typically bust it out. No other context she just blasted them. Nothing was said leading up to the blast or after...just bam! And then book was done shortly after. She has many random powers that no one seems to acknowledge here such as her telepathy commnanding people, instant healing factor/glow, immune to teleportation, etc. Vastly underrated character

Because that creature was typically a pure physical creature. Again took on THOUSANDS of God’s. Killed the god that easily injuries demogorge and yes he was supposed to be at those levels. Your downplaying again. Tsk tsk. Be honest do you seriously see Billy replicating that feat?

She took that form so another team wouldn’t die. Doesn’t mean she hasn’t ever turned into a great beast before or after this fight. As she has. Even turned into tundra to trick ranark. She becomes what she transforms into. Been her power since day one. That’s why she can’t keep the form for to long as she risks losing control over her mind. She even in one story became the mystical thunderbird and was shooting electrical blasts. Not merely a physical copy. She becomes what she transforms into. Powers and all

Great beast respect thread
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=2414.0

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:48 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I agree with Mungi, Shazam wins easily.

Actually did say that on page 1 stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:48 PM
-K-M-

Can't edit my post, but the same God Army you said were fodder steamrolled through every pantheon in the universe. Earth and alien (Shi'ar and the gods of Zenn-La). Even God Squad II didn't do as good against the army. They were FAR from fodder seeing what the actually accomplished.

God Squad II fought Chaos King and his army around the same time between Chaos War #3-4. Panther God (Black Panther's God) was easily killed by 6 "fodder" slave gods for example. Master Pandemonium I think was killed by one

Last edited by -K-M- on Feb 9th, 2018 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:57 PM