KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Which movie are you looking more foward to: Venom or Shazam

Which movie are you looking more forward to
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Venom 5 35.71%
Shazam 9 64.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which movie are you looking more foward to: Venom or Shazam
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr Will Hatch

Tom Hardy has never once given less than a great performance, so even if Venom sucks, and it probably will, at least we'll get some decent acting in it.

We'll see about Shazam, but I don't have too much faith in the DCEU. If it weren't for Wonder Woman being that one lone example that something good can come out of this disaster, I would call the movie dead on arrival.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:49 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
The symbiote by itself is so Venom

pretty much says it there.

The symbiote by itself is not Venom. It only becomes after Brock fused with it.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:58 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by SquallX
The symbiote by itself is not Venom. It only becomes after Brock fused with it.

Still wrong, Try again.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Kazenji
The symbiote by itself is so Venom

pretty much says it there.
quote:
Spider-Man switched back and forth between the two suits for some time until the symbiote returned in the form of Venom.

From that same page you took that quote from. That implies that the symbiote was not Venom prior to that return. That same page also refers to the symbiote as "the symbiote" all throughout

=

Originally posted by Arachnid1
No, the symbiote by itself is not Venom. It's just the symbiote. It doesn't distinguish itself as Venom before being rejected by Spidey and meeting Brock and it's only ever referred to as a symbiote up to that point, no different than any other member of it's extraterrestrial race. In fact, Brocks the one who comes up with the name since he considers himself poison to Peter/Spiderman (his actual thought process). They aren't Venom until they're bonded. Hell, they even refer to themselves as such ("We are Venom" is practically their catchphrase; they also refer to themselves with "us" and "our").

fkn fite me

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Feb 18th, 2018 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 04:10 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

You’ll never get past kaz’s moat around his lawn, it’s got alligators. He has German shepherds that can drive miniature speed boats.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 12:01 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Kaz's moat is already sounding more entertaining then most of the movies due out this year.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 12:32 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm not looking forward to either at this point. I have zero faith in Sony not to f*** up Venom, and the DCEU's own track record doesn't inspire confidence.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:40 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Thing is DCEU gave us Wonder Woman so Shazam at least has a chance of being good.

But Venom without Spider-Man? Even if its a good film, its very basis is a fail for me.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 10:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Wonder Woman was just okay for me, I didn’t dislike it but I didn’t think it was as amazing as people make it out to be either

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 12:01 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Oh WW was nothing compared to BP.

But still defo a decent and well made film.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought Wonder Woman was better than Panther personally, but Panther was still pretty good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah no it wasn’t
Ares sucked as a villain and Panther had a much stronger supporting cast with their own developed arcs

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 04:49 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by carthage
Yeah no it wasn’t
Ares sucked as a villain and Panther had a much stronger supporting cast with their own developed arcs

Okay?

I still think Wonder Woman was better.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 12:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
larrychristian

My vote goes to Venom as it’s a great movie with full entertainment and had action which is what I enjoy most in this as compare to Shazam. I have seen it 4 times and every time I enjoy a lot.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 11:34 AM
larrychristian is currently offline Click here to Send larrychristian a Private Message Find more posts by larrychristian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote