KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Jiren vs Beerus

Jiren vs Beerus
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Inedian

Jiren did even contend with MUI Goku and actually beat him (until MUI Goku got another power boost, then it was over). I think Beerus is without a doubt more powerful than episode 130 Jiren and he has UI himself. I think Beerus wins against MUI Goku, let alone Jiren.

But Galan said it best:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Of course, this is all subject to change depending on how the manga handles him. Jiren might be portrayed as decidedly below, equal to, or well above Beerus when all is said an done... Only time will tell.

I hope they will make it clear and I hope Beerus is above him, if not, well then no problem, as long they make it clear.

Last edited by Inedian on Mar 25th, 2018 at 03:42 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 03:39 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Personally, I think episode 130 Jiren was a power-up moreso than his "true" full power, hence why I think Jiren is above Beerus.

Plus he started to do extremely well against MUI before MUI powered up.
See, I don't.

I mentioned this in another thread, but aside from the fact that Jiren was initially hyped as a being that not even Belmond could defeat(suggesting he was already > Hakaishin-level), the implication to me is that getting pummeled by MUI Goku was just the catalyst that finally made Jiren use *all* of his power. Before that, he wasn't using his 'full' power, because he simply didn't need to -- not even omen-UI Goku(stage 3) came close to requiring Jiren's 'full' power.

Aside from that, Khai and Belmond didn't seem at all surprised by Jiren's 'full' power/aura when he finally revealed it. Those two are HUGE Jiren fangirls(they've bragged about his "UNLIMITED POWA!!!" in nearly every episode), so if Jiren had reached some entirely new and unknown pinnacle of power that Khai/Belmond had never seen before, they would have presumably said *something* to that effect... But they didn't. There's also the fact that the previews/solicits for ep.130 simply referred to it as Jiren "finally getting serious" and using his "full power". /shrug

Also, MUI was regarded(by everyone) as a power "beyond the Gods"... So it makes sense for it to take *that* level of power to defeat Jiren, given that he was slightly beyond the Gods himself(which also explains why he was able to contend with MUI initially.)

But again: hopefully the manga will provide some clarification one way or the other, because this is one plot-point I would like to be definitively answered. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 25th, 2018 at 08:43 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 08:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember, it was never said Jiren can beat a god of destruction.

It was specifically worded that he is someone a god of destruction cannot defeat.

Very, very different matter to defeat someone, and be unable to be defeated by someone.

That's why I say Goku won't beat Beerus either.. Beerus at least has the defensive portion of UI. But without the time limit that Goku has. So assuming neither can land a decisive attack on the other, which is kind of the point of UI, then in the end Goku should build up damage to his body simply maintaining the form, while Beerus will not.

In the case of Jiren, he has no time limit, and is very, very close to UI level. Assuming all gods of destruction have UI phase one, it makes sense that they could go at it all day without a winner..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 01:04 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
Remember, it was never said Jiren can beat a god of destruction.

It was specifically worded that he is someone a god of destruction cannot defeat.

Very, very different matter to defeat someone, and be unable to be defeated by someone.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 02:02 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

That doesn't exactly disprove what I was saying.

Plus, I was referencing the anime.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 02:18 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The manga confirms Jiren > Belmond. That's all I'm saying.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 02:23 AM
carver9

Originally posted by Inedian
Jiren did even contend with MUI Goku and actually beat him (until MUI Goku got another power boost, then it was over). I think Beerus is without a doubt more powerful than episode 130 Jiren and he has UI himself. I think Beerus wins against MUI Goku, let alone Jiren.

But Galan said it best:

I hope they will make it clear and I hope Beerus is above him, if not, well then no problem, as long they make it clear.

I need someone to help me understand. What is it (in the anime) that Beerus did to make people believe he is above or on Jiren and UI Goku level?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 02:24 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote