KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Most anticipated shows of 2018?

Most anticipated shows of 2018?
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Most anticipated shows of 2018?

Which shows are you most looking forward to this year?

After finishing Altered Carbon there are not many shows currently on that I'm really excited about. I still watch SHIELD, Supernatural, Lucifer and a couple of others plus some anime, but nothing is blowing me away.

So, which shows of 2018 are you the most excited about?

The first one I'm looking forward to is Jessica Jones (Mar 8). I was a big fan of the first season so I'm looking forward to the second season. And, of course, Westworld starts 22 April and if it's anything as good as the first season it's going to be fricking fantastic.

Krypton starts Mar 21 and should be worth taking a look, though I'm not holding my breath. Same with Cloak and Dagger (June 7). Castle Rock might be interesting and I'm holding thumbs for DC's Titans. Can't say the descriptions for Marvel's New Warriors or Lost in Space are wowing me, though I will check them out of course.

I wasn't a big fan of Legion so I don't know if I'll bother with the second season. Not saying it's bad, just wasn't my cup of tea.

I've probably missed a few, but these are the ones I've marked as Worth Taking A Look.

What are yours?

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...-of-2018/maniac

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lis...lu-2018-w514931

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/upco...shows-2018.html

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 03:22 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I myself am pretty psyched on Legion s2. I thoroughly enjoyed the first season, because it was such a diversion from all the conventional superhero stuff.

I think Daredevil s3 is also dropping some time later this year, and I really want to see how they pick things up after The Defenders.

Oh, and another one, off the top of my head, is Into the Badlands s3, which is also supposed to drop later this year.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 13th, 2018 at 05:51 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 05:48 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

DD should be good!

Into the Badlands has Lewis Tan in season 3 so Sunny is going to have some serious competition. Can't wait to see what the choreographers are going to do with two such talented fighters.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 06:05 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Will Rick & Morty be back this year? Is Archer still one?

Man TV SUCKS now!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 07:00 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
DD should be good!

Into the Badlands has Lewis Tan in season 3 so Sunny is going to have some serious competition. Can't wait to see what the choreographers are going to do with two such talented fighters.

Yeah, Tan's relatively recent drunken fist cameo on Iron Fist was one of the most entertaining parts of that show, so looking forward to seeing more of him.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 07:49 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Will Rick & Morty be back this year? Is Archer still one?

Man TV SUCKS now!

Neither have been cancelled so both should be back.

==

I don't think Krypton will be any good. They already gave away a huge plot point in the trailers and have shown that they have no faith in it standing on its own two feet without that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: giant S looming over them.

This whole "drama set in a superhero city without the actual hero" trend that Gotham started really doesn't strike me as being prosperous in the long run. I think Gotham is an outlier, and that Krypton and the supposed "Metropolis" they're working on will end up suffering.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 08:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Handmaid's Tale and Westworld season 2, Better Call Saul, Jessica Jones.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 09:25 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Hope they can find the funding for a second season of Other Space, Elementary is back in April too. Isn't this kind of moot though? Almost every show is on at some point this year. May as well list every TV show that you watch.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 01:22 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

There are so many good shows on television these days, it’s hard to keep up and remember them all. Anyway, some of the shows I’m looking most forward to are:

Better Call Saul
Westworld
The Americans
Legion
Jessica Jones

I’m sure I’m forgetting several though.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 02:47 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah...

Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Westworld
Preacher
Ash vs Evil Dead

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 10:02 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Daredevil
Preacher
Jessica Jones

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 10:44 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadMojoScootr
Rusty Cage

Lost in Space, the Expanse, the Last Kingdom, the Rain

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 11:53 PM
BadMojoScootr is currently offline Click here to Send BadMojoScootr a Private Message Find more posts by BadMojoScootr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by BadMojoScootr
Lost in Space

Oh, hm.. I didn't know about that. Cool. It's on Netflix, I see. I'll keep an eye on it.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 09:56 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Nice, just saw they announced the premiere date for the new season of Bosch. "Season four of the Emmy-nominated series will premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video on Friday, April 13." Another one to add to my list.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 10:42 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Umbrella Academy could be interesting.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 08:39 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jane21august

Cloak and Dagger
Jessica Jones

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 04:45 AM
jane21august is currently offline Click here to Send jane21august a Private Message Find more posts by jane21august Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Nobody's mentioned the new Doctor Who yet... angel

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do. I really liked Peter Capaldi but the writing became so terrible I just completely lost interest. Now that Moffat's gone there's hope again.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 05:59 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by BadMojoScootr
Lost in Space

LIS is getting another TV show?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 07:21 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote