KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How seriously do you take your politics?

How seriously do you take your politics?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

How seriously do you take your politics?

At the end of the day, do you see all the "hot button" topics and "talking points" as particularly important? Or as something less..?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 02:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Super serious. One time this person I wanted to win didn't win, so I ran around outside screaming and smashing things and saying "not my elected official" over and over.

A year later, to commemorate the loss and show everyone how much of an adult I truly am, I shouted at the sky.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 14th, 2018 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 02:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Re: How seriously do you take your politics?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
At the end of the day, do you see all the "hot button" topics and "talking points" as particularly important? Or as something less..?

Politicians really appeal to the lowest common denominator of most cultures. What I mean more specifically is for constituents they boost appeal leveraging fear and greed. To their donors, of course, they obsequiously offer more control so that they might garner some power themselves.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 03:16 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Super serious. One time this person I wanted to win didn't win, so I ran around outside screaming and smashing things and saying "not my elected official" over and over.

A year later, to commemorate the loss and show everyone how much of an adult I truly am, I shouted at the sky.

Sick Burn

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 03:25 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

I change the channel very quickly.I hate the politicians in my country

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 05:16 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by cdtm

Not very.

Before i retired from the Army, politics could/did have a huge impact on my life, now, not so much.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 05:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Not at all, I learned a long time ago both sides are massively corrupt and not to be trusted.

People get so invested in their side winning they don't stop to consider that the person they're supporting is a piece of crap that should never be allowed anywhere near power. But they justify it to themselves with cries of "but the other side is worse".

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 05:51 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I hate Politics but view it as a Unnecessary EVIL!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 07:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't give a rat's ass about mainstream politics. At the end of the day, everything I do is done because it suits me. I can only assume this applies to other people in positions of power and wealth.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:42 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You're in a position of power and wealth? stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 10:53 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

his mother serves him meals and snacks to his basement on demand, what do you think?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 12:35 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Surtur

I legitimately laughed when I watched those videos... Friggin' hilarious.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 01:23 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
You're in a position of power and wealth? stick out tongue
Originally posted by Beniboybling
his mother serves him meals and snacks to his basement on demand, what do you think?

You shall see. I'm sure both of you are hot sh1t though.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 02:09 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
I legitimately laughed when I watched those videos... Friggin' hilarious.

Have you seen the info wars one? People can hate on Alex Jones, but it's not him who does it(I do not know the guys name, but I've only seen him do shit like this, not any of the crazy conspiracy stuff(though its possible he does that as well). But he goes to one of those things that happened that night, this one in Austin, Texas. While they are screaming he's going "this is actually happening, this is actually happening". It's hilarious.

Why was one of the screamers dressed in a costume, holding a stuffed animal that is a turtle and the turtle has a megaphone attached to its mouth? Yeah...I don't know. One woman yells it is "fun performance art, keeping it weird".

Also lol@ "hey it's Jake Lloyd everybody"

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 18th, 2018 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Honestly...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
This will forever be my favourite. The way she's dressed, just how much she screams, the soul moving poetry about beauty and devastation just... just wow.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:57 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly...
This will forever be my favourite. The way she's dressed, just how much she screams, the soul moving poetry about beauty and devastation just... just wow.
Knowing these people exist is just depressing.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 04:04 PM
MythLord
Diamond

To be fair, though, knowing people who support the KKK still exist is also depressing.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 04:05 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly...

Well, to be fair, that video you showed is a woman screaming over his inauguration. The moment he truly became president.

Those protesters...they were just being emotional babies.

But for the other thing, they literally said from the beginning they are going to specifically shout at the sky. The whole thing was billed that way.

The other instances are people just throwing tantrums. Here is my favorite, two videos of the same event, one picking up right after the other, but from a different angle:

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 04:28 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be fair, though, knowing people who support the KKK still exist is also depressing.
True, but I detest immaturity more than racism. Emotionally unstable man-children/women are next to impossible to change as they're prone to lash out against anything they don't like, while a mature person, even if racist, at least has the capacity to listen and understand opposing view points before making their decision.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 04:29 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk
True, but I detest immaturity more than racism. Emotionally unstable man-children/women are next to impossible to change as they're prone to lash out against anything they don't like, while a mature person, even if racist, at least has the capacity to listen and understand opposing viewpoints before making their decision.
Lashing out worked for Ghengis Khan and pretty much every successful conqueror I can think of, including Trump.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 04:34 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote