KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Bane's power - Lord Kaan scaling

Darth Bane's power - Lord Kaan scaling
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

oh my god

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

yeah this is ridiculous kek

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Yes, it is.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
What? This is the guy who viewed the entire Brotherhood of Darkness as weaklings. WEAKLINGS
Whether this means jack$hit to you or not, it doesn't exclude the fact that Bane stated that much. Bane isn't just a statement guy, when he makes a statement, he certainly does it because he is impressed(for him power speaks for itself) And Bane is hardly impressed because he values inner power above all.

Yoda never said Dooku is weak in the Force. And in Yoda's case: his statement was before he faced him in combat whereas Bane stated that line after he 'faced' Skere Kaan. laughing out loud

Valkorion never lowballed Vaylin's power.

Yeah. lol
If I am retarded, what is Az, then? laughing out loud laughing

So it's either:

1. Kaan's abilities were hindered by his fear
2. Kaan's level of power has been retconned

What I'm getting from this is: Bane thought Kaan was weak, Bane later noted he realized he was wrong. Alright... That doesn't mean Kaan > Bane.

You're still a retarded gerbil.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 09:07 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Finally you admit it. I could be retarded to say Kaan>Bane. However, from Bane's mouth seems that Kaan=Bane. Whatever, blame Drew Karpyshyn. And stop calling people 'retarded', it is so uncivilised.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"Could be" is generous.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Yep. I just hate people calling each other 'retarded' for petty reasons. I mean, Az has enough experience with it but there are people who like him so far.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 09:25 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ok. But seriously Bane would beat Kaan in a fight. He already defeated the Brotherhoods greatest warrior in Kas'im and practically laughed in Kaans face when he tried using the Force on him. He'd beat Kaan pretty badly.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 09:33 PM
MoT-MoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

^hes a troll why do you keep responding to him

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 09:38 PM
Click here to Send MoT-MoT a Private Message Find more posts by MoT-MoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Nephthys
Ok. But seriously Bane would beat Kaan in a fight. He already defeated the Brotherhoods greatest warrior in Kas'im and practically laughed in Kaans face when he tried using the Force on him. He'd beat Kaan pretty badly.

Kas'im expertised himself in lightsabre combat, not Force abilities. Besides that, he also didn't know about Bane's improved lightsabre skills. On top of that, Bane solo'd through Force use, not lightsabre combat.
Shortly: Kas'im wasn't ready for this type of Darth Bane.

As about Kaan, for all the power he possessed, he was just a coward when it came about fighting. Men can be powerful and still be afraid when they have little faith in their own power. Bane saw this trait in Kaan, and that's why he wanted to pwn him in that particular scene.

Just how Bane could resist his Force influence, so did Kopecz. That's why I find it stupid as to why Az uses this as an example to gauge Bane's power.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:42 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Remind me to mostly-debunk this later.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Remind me to mostly-debunk this later.

Reminder

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Kinda lazy to do full thing ATM, but for starters:

"An army of 20,000 of Lord Kaan's most devoted Sith followers, the Brotherhood of Darkness fought the Army of Light at the Battle of Ruusan. The brotherhood lost all but two of the seven titanic battles on Ruusan, reducing the army to a tenth of its original size."

So, 2,000 (not millions, lmfao) of Kaan's "most devoted Sith followers" joined Kaan with the thought bomb. This applies to the "I didn't expect" feat you cited also. Further, Kaan didn't dominate these people. If you just read the text, Kaan "was joined by the rest of the Brotherhood" in the mind vortex of the thought bomb. That is what Githany struggled to pull away from - the combined force of 2,000 Sith joining minds and power - not just Kaan's power alone.

Note that these 2,000 were so weak that apparently a 100 Jedi could have beaten them. The Brotherhood was trash.

---

As for Kaan contacting all his Sith followers, it's really impressive but greatly aided by the fact all his followers are fervent supporters of his cause. Obviously Kaan isn't going to be able to compel 1/50th of the Jedi army to rush to his side. Plus, a random Sith acolyte saying Kaan is summoning them all is hardly proof that Kaan outright contacted all of them at the same time, nor do we know the circumstances of how Kaan did the feat (could have easily been in deep meditation for weeks to do it, lol).

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 1st, 2018 at 12:32 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2018 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Kinda lazy to do full thing ATM, but for starters:

"An army of 20,000 of Lord Kaan's most devoted Sith followers, the Brotherhood of Darkness fought the Army of Light at the Battle of Ruusan. The brotherhood lost all but two of the seven titanic battles on Ruusan, reducing the army to a tenth of its original size."

Source and scan, please. And also reasoning why we should take this over the other evidence saying their numbers are much greater.

quote:
So, 2,000 (not millions, lmfao) of Kaan's "most devoted Sith followers" joined Kaan with the thought bomb. This applies to the "I didn't expect" feat you cited also. Further, Kaan didn't dominate these people. If you just read the text, Kaan "was joined by the rest of the Brotherhood" in the mind vortex of the thought bomb. That is what Githany struggled to pull away from - the combined force of 2,000 Sith joining minds and power - not just Kaan's power alone.

Provide the full quote for context. "Was joined by the rest of the Brotherhood" doesn't contradict the idea of Kaan dominating them at all. He states he is powerful enough to join to their minds, and the text says he was speaking through Githany at one point. I also recall Farfalla saying something about Kaan having sovereignty over their minds.

quote:
Note that these 2,000 were so weak that apparently a 100 Jedi could have beaten them. The Brotherhood was trash.

Or maybe the 100 were just strong? What's you're evidence for them being weak?

quote:
As for Kaan contacting all his Sith followers, it's really impressive but greatly aided by the fact all his followers are fervent supporters of his cause. Obviously Kaan isn't going to be able to compel 1/50th of the Jedi army to rush to his side. Plus, a random Sith acolyte saying Kaan is summoning them all is hardly proof that Kaan outright contacted all of them at the same time, nor do we know the circumstances of how Kaan did the feat (could have easily been in deep meditation for weeks to do it, lol).

The point about unknown circumstances is the most fair one, I feel. I wonder why you're such a vehement supporter of Ziost though, then. Mind finally sharing that evidence for the death field being of Vitiate's own power?

Old Post May 1st, 2018 04:47 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

To be honest - if Kaan had as much Sith followers as you claim. Then, he'd win the Ruusan War.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 05:57 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Azronger

*your

Old Post May 1st, 2018 10:00 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You should have just conceded rather than dragged it out

Later today. thumb up

Old Post May 1st, 2018 10:42 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Azronger
Source and scan, please.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

quote:
And also reasoning why we should take this over the other evidence saying their numbers are much greater.

The numbers killed by the thought bomb has changed over time. Most earlier sources or sources referring to Kyle Katarn and Jerec mention an absurd amount of trapped spirits; Jedi vs Sith, Path of Destruction, and contemporary sources are a lot more tame. Feel free to rationalize this by saying thousands of more Jedi and Sith journeyed to the site and were swallowed by its power over time, but my numbers take priority over yours since they are newer (2008 vs 2005) and more consistent (the amount of Sith killed believed battle against a mere 100 Jedi was suicidal).

quote:
Provide the full quote for context. "Was joined by the rest of the Brotherhood" doesn't contradict the idea of Kaan dominating them at all. He states he is powerful enough to join to their minds, and the text says he was speaking through Githany at one point. I also recall Farfalla saying something about Kaan having sovereignty over their minds.

Your dumbass has the quote on the first post.

I have no clue where you even got the idea that Kaan dominated their minds. It is so utterly absent from the text that I went and checked Chinese, Google-translated adaptations of the novel and still found nothing remotely resembling your claim. All of the Sith join hands, then chant the beginning of a Sith ritual to merge their minds with Kaan. Note that the Sith willingly allowed themselves to be merged with Kaan, and this was only possible by way of ritual regardless. As the chanting continues, their mind and power merge into the vortex that eventually becomes the thought bomb.

quote:

What? That's twenty Sith fighting one Jedi. If Kaan's even a fraction of Valkorion's power, he should just outright solo most of the army - Revan killed "hundreds" of dark Jedi on Korriban alone. With your suggestion of 24,000, that's 240 Sith per one Jedi - making each Jedi an army-buster of the highest sort. As for their strength, Hoth takes no interest in the Jedi's strengths when choosing. In fact, its suggested he considers bringing the 100 freshest reinforcements.

quote:
The point about unknown circumstances is the most fair one, I feel.

Everything I said is fair and true, not that you've ever been the great arbiter of fairness.

quote:
I wonder why you're such a vehement supporter of Ziost though, then. Mind finally sharing that evidence for the death field being of Vitiate's own power?

Great shift. How about you concede to me that your dumbass thought Kaan mind dominated 24,000 Sith while in actuality he only helped guide 2,000 willing and fodder Sith to merge minds by reading instructions written by Revan?

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 1st, 2018 at 12:25 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2018 12:20 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

For once Az is right and Ant is ignorant of the facts.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 12:47 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

>insert "Maybe" meme from DJ.

But even back in 2014, I never saw you argue Kaan TP dominated tens of thousands, lol.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 01:39 PM