KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs Thor Sword fight

Superman Vs Thor Sword fight
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Superman Vs Thor Sword fight

They are in a arena and can only use swords

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 11:46 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

They both break their swords on each other. This is a tossup Imo. Supes has never even picked up a sword to my knowledge so he is at a serious disadvantage but his speed should allow him to do basic parries and blocks and slashes fast enough to stay in the fight for awhile.

Both also have insane damage soak so it's gonna take a full decapitation to put either one down. Thor's skill with melee weapons should guarantee him the victory though.

Thor 6-7/10

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 11:55 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

If this takes off, i expect Superman will be seen as KK level within 2 pages.

I'm going w. Thor, though.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 12:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
They both break their swords on each other.

lol this. You should specify how this is supposed to work.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 01:13 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Should have equalized their speed.

Remember this?

(please log in to view the image)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 01:34 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

They both break their swords on each other. This is a tossup Imo. Supes has never even picked up a sword to my knowledge so he is at a serious disadvantage but his speed should allow him to do basic parries and blocks and slashes fast enough to stay in the fight for awhile.

Both also have insane damage soak so it's gonna take a full decapitation to put either one down. Thor's skill with melee weapons should guarantee him the victory though.

Thor 6-7/10

Superman has fought sword fights before.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 02:38 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman has fought sword fights before.

Like I said, to my knowledge. Just curious, but for what reason did Supes need to use a sword?

I honestly feel like a weapon puts Clark at a disadvantage and would slow him down. Thor always has a melee weapon. It's his thing. If this was just regular Supes vs. Thor with a sword I would give Superman the win but since he's now forced to use a sword I see him doing worse with it.

What would happen if guys of this strength level actually swung a normal steel sword as hard as they could? It would probably melt or bend or something right?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 02:49 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Like I said, to my knowledge. Just curious, but for what reason did Supes need to use a sword?

I honestly feel like a weapon puts Clark at a disadvantage and would slow him down. Thor always has a melee weapon. It's his thing. If this was just regular Supes vs. Thor with a sword I would give Superman the win but since he's now forced to use a sword I see him doing worse with it.

What would happen if guys of this strength level actually swung a normal steel sword as hard as they could? It would probably melt or bend or something right?

He was Depowered and had to duel in a swordfight on several occasions.

Superman isn't hulk who does not knows how to fight at all. He has been trained and knows how to wield a sword.

Probably yes. I don't think the thread meant ordinary swords though.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 02:57 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Yeah, he's fought with swords while depowered, with the sword of Superman, and on a few other occasions. Usually just to prove that he can, lol.

Nah, Superman can use weapons. He's not a master like Thor, Batman or Wonder Woman, but he's strong enough, and fast enough to make up for it.

Anyways, yeah. The swords would break on Superman and Thor, and then Superman would trash him in a brawl.

Superman would win regardless, unless speed was equalized and the swords could cut them both.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 03:10 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

The point is to say who would win in a sword fight. And that would mean obviously Thor.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 03:12 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Is this thread about who is more skilled with swords? I mean, Thor would clearly win a sword fight.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 04:19 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Clearly? I don't think so.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 06:28 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Is this thread about who is more skilled with swords? I mean, Thor would clearly win a sword fight.

Pretty much.
Superman will have a speed advantage, might be big/might be small, depending on how much like the Flash posters will portray him fighting like.
Thats where Thor's greater skill comes in.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 06:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Quite simply, Thor has superior skill with handheld weapons. I hope no one will try to argue that Kal has greater weapon skills than Thor.

Additionally, unless the swords are somewhat ‘special,’ they will shatter against both combatants. Like fighting with single strands of sphaghetti.

Finally, unless Speed is equalized, Kal will defeat with Odinson sword or no sword.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 08:33 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8swords

I'm pretty sure thor's sword would break against supes eek! laughing laughing

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 09:00 AM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

By swords, do you mean their penises?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 10:15 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^oh well, thats the end of this discussion.

quote:
Finally, unless Speed is equalized, Kal will defeat with Odinson sword or no sword.

When street level characters can no longer stab speedsters with their swords, maybe.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 10:41 AM
krisblaze

Thor would obviously murder supes

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 11:12 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^oh well, thats the end of this discussion.

When street level characters can no longer stab speedsters with their swords, maybe.

Those SL characters either had (i) PIS or (ii) there were certain prevailing considerations at play that were unique to that particular situation (eg a set of explosives that only left one way forward ...onto the tip of a sword), situations that would not be present in a Thor vs Superman fight.

Main point I was making though remains the same - (i) Thor has easily superlative skill with weapons compared to Superman; (ii) the swords would have to be special to not fail against either character; and (iii) speed is equalized.

If speed is not equalized, Superman uses simple velocity to win.

If speed is equalized, Thor uses simple skill advantage to win.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 11:34 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Agree to disagree.
You can argue p/cis all day, but those feats (where speed definitely dies NOT kill) are canon.
Add to that the fact that Supes is not even a speedster (a character that consistently moves at SS as its his main power) but instead a character with super speed, who consistently fights in non SS mode.
I originally posted that if this thread took off, Supes would be KK level within 2 pages. I was mistaken.
Instead posters are trying to give him the (undeserved) win via him suddenly being FlaSuperman.
So, like i said, agree to disagree.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 12:21 PM