KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 10 Most Powerful Jedi

Top 10 Most Powerful Jedi
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordOfTheLight

Jedi Dooku, or even Cade being placed above Obi Wan is disgusting, to say the least.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 02:26 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
The Corridors quote puts TPM Mace above Revan, so not legit.
eh, it's still a quote that can be fought, not some fugged up denial, and Revan has better Force feats etc; it's not something that doesn't make sense and can't be debated for more than 5 sentences, so it's acceptable for me

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 02:27 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Jedi Dooku, or even Cade being placed above Obi Wan is disgusting, to say the least.

Why Dooku? I can see your grievance with Cade, though.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 02:33 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by JKBart
it's not something that doesn't make sense and can't be debated for more than 5 sentences, so it's acceptable for me

lol

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 02:44 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I can actually see RotS Obi Wan being above Revan.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 02:55 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

To TW-Because there are extensive arguments to place him reasonably close to Dooku( or at least, not far off from him) even as of ROTS. Never mind a Dooku who grew "infinitely more powerful", and was introduced to power "beyond his wildest fantasies" to that level, from TPM.

Obi Wan has been misrepresented a lot, and I seriously mean-"a lot", in that regard as of late. And I really haven't had the time to set the record straight.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 02:57 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Because there are extensive arguments to place him reasonably close to Dooku even as of ROTS. Never mind a Dooku who grew "infinitely more powerful", and was introduced to power "beyond his wildest fantasies".

Obi Wan has been misrepresented a lot, and I seriously mean-"a lot", in that regard as of late.. Without exaggerating one bit, I can comfortably say it is the equivalent of wearing blinkers. And I really haven't had the time to set the record straight.

Well Obi Wan may be close to Dooku as a duelist but there's likely still a non-trivial gap in Force ability.

But yeah, lots of ways to say Obi Wan > Revan especially since Obi Wan appears to be above Jedi Dooku. I would push Obi Wan up my list below Jacen then:

1. Luke
2. Anakin
3. Yoda
4. Kyp
5. Mace
6. Galen
7. Jacen
8. Obi Wan
9. Dooku
10. Revan

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 02:59 AM
LordOfTheLight

I can actually see RotS Obi Wan being above Revan.

Not with the SF quote, he isn't.

Though that quote seems retarded enough to me as it is so who knows.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 03:01 AM
LordOfTheLight

Noticeable gap? Non-trivial gap? Sure.

Vast gap? Not at all.

I kind of agree with your list, except I am still not sure on Revan's placement.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 03:06 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Not with the SF quote, he isn't.

Though that quote seems retarded enough to me as it is so who knows.

Well the corridors quote says TPM Mace > Revan so we just have to put Kun way below Obi Wan.

That sounds weird because of forum consensus, but aside from JA which is a much larger conversation, none of Kun's feats in TotJ really solidly establish that he's above Obi Wan by RotS, certainly not enough for me to toss those quotes out.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 03:07 AM
LordOfTheLight

And I would place Yoda above Anakin. If only marginally.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 03:07 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by NewGuy01
1. Anakin
2. Yoda
3. Kenobi
4. Luke

the rest is debatable

I know you're trolling but I guess you agree that Dooku > Revan.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 03:13 AM
LordOfTheLight

Well the corridors quote says TPM Mace > Revan so we just have to put Kun way below Obi Wan.

That sounds weird because of forum consensus, but aside from JA which is a much larger conversation, none of Kun's feats in TotJ really solidly establish that he's above Obi Wan by RotS, certainly not enough for me to toss those quotes out.

Actually, about 60% of Obi Wan's hype is still not widely known( or probably even unknown).

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 03:14 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I agree that RotS Obi Wan >>> Exar Kun would be weird if we were talking about TCW Obi Wan. But given that Anakin massively improves between TCW and RotS, it isn't implausible that Obi Wan does by some degree as well, enough that you can't lowball him from TCW. By RotS Obi Wan scales really well against Anakin and Dooku, with some nice Stover wank-prose to go on top of it all.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 03:15 AM
LordOfTheLight

Indeed, we have a record of Obi Wan's power increasing tremendously in a matter of weeks after he faces grueling challenges.

The outer rim sieges, after DD, where Obi Wan has to fight continuous war for 6 whole months certainly would be the most grueling phase of the war. And given that it lasts for 6 whole months( as opposed to that other instance which lasted for just a week) yeah, Obi Wan has some pretty enormous scaling.

But right now you are still quoting the ROTS novel. Which is what I mean. There are far better sources of hype for Obi Wan.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 03:25 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I'd be interested smile

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 03:28 AM
LordOfTheLight

Will get back to you in a few hours in a PM.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 03:36 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

LMFAO @ any of those people being near Kun at all.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 04:40 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: Top 10 Most Powerful Jedi

Originally posted by ILS

In terms of power, we're ignoring stuff like Force mastery, skill, precision, dueling etc. Just raw power, in whatever form it takes.

Oh, I didn't see this. In that case, Kenobi might be a spot or two lower.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 04:44 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

So much cancer in one thread.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 05:35 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote