KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU Killmonger vs. MCU Captain America

MCU Killmonger vs. MCU Captain America
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Cap.......loses

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 07:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The kinectic shockwaves of the suit would hardly do anything to Cap. Remember the Shield absorbs kinetic energy too.

We've seen cap getting shot and stabbed with no real damage. Also, i doubt Killmonger is able to land a strike on Cap.

Furthermore, we saw that enough force is able to shock the wearer inside the suit. Cap has enough strenght to do that.

If we consider the odds, Cap's got the edge here (That's with the shield ofcourse).

Well, the issue is more that Cap can't do much damage, if any, to Killmonger while Erik is in the suit. So let's say Cap does just absorb all the kinetic energy redirected by Erik into his shield...at the next exchange of blows, Erik either gets repowered or eventually takes Cap down. Cap does not have the offensive output or weapons necessary to put Erik down for the count while Erik is wearing his suit, save maybe a full blown shield strike to the face or something along those lines.

Bucky shot Cap plenty good in Winter Soldier. Bullets and piercing damage do plenty of damage to Steve. Also, if Killmonger can outright beat T'Challa in un-enhanced combat and then give him the fight of his life in the finale when they're both suited up, he can for sure tag Cap and tag him plenty.

Also, whose to say Cap could tag Erik efficiently? Again, Erik was plenty agile while fighting T'Challa.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 07:44 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

First round would really interesting and I was actually wondering it when the movie ended. Why is Killmonger such a good fighter though?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 07:57 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
First round would really interesting and I was actually wondering it when the movie ended. Why is Killmonger such a good fighter though?

I wondered the same [SPOILER - highlight to read]: when Erik outright beat T'Challa. No underhanded tactics, not even through a throwing dirt-in-his-face move. No cheapshots. Just a beatdown for T'Challa served up by Killmonger. I suppose the scene going over Erik's training and tours of duty in Iraq, Afghanistan, and throughout the continent of Africa with the US military are the justification, but that doesn't explain why he can fight with a sword and spear so well against a man trained from his youth to fight with such weaponry in duels. Still, made for a riveting scene.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 08:16 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Well, the issue is more that Cap can't do much damage, if any, to Killmonger while Erik is in the suit. So let's say Cap does just absorb all the kinetic energy redirected by Erik into his shield...at the next exchange of blows, Erik either gets repowered or eventually takes Cap down. Cap does not have the offensive output or weapons necessary to put Erik down for the count while Erik is wearing his suit, save maybe a full blown shield strike to the face or something along those lines.

Bucky shot Cap plenty good in Winter Soldier. Bullets and piercing damage do plenty of damage to Steve. Also, if Killmonger can outright beat T'Challa in un-enhanced combat and then give him the fight of his life in the finale when they're both suited up, he can for sure tag Cap and tag him plenty.

Also, whose to say Cap could tag Erik efficiently? Again, Erik was plenty agile while fighting T'Challa.

And what makes you think T'Challa is a better fighter than Captain America??

Featwise, Cap is the best H2H fighter in the entire MCU!

Killmonger could hit Cap, but i pretty much doubt Killmonger can beat Cap in a H2H!

In that aspect, even with the suit Killmonger would unlikely be able to deliver a deadly blow to Cap.

Furthermore, we saw Cap withstanding shots from Bucky and still being capable of fighting! On the other hand, T'Challa was defeated by a single stabb!

And again, the Black Panther suit isn't as invulnerable as the shield is.

Conclusion:
Cap is stronger, more resistant, and a better fighter than Killmonger.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 10:42 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I wondered the same [SPOILER - highlight to read]: when Erik outright beat T'Challa. No underhanded tactics, not even through a throwing dirt-in-his-face move. No cheapshots. Just a beatdown for T'Challa served up by Killmonger. I suppose the scene going over Erik's training and tours of duty in Iraq, Afghanistan, and throughout the continent of Africa with the US military are the justification, but that doesn't explain why he can fight with a sword and spear so well against a man trained from his youth to fight with such weaponry in duels. Still, made for a riveting scene.

Yeah, i admint Killmonger makes it to the list of top MCU fighters. Yet that isn't enough feat to put him in the 1st place.

Cap would have beaten T'Challa way faster.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 10:44 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah, i admint Killmonger makes it to the list of top MCU fighters. Yet that isn't enough feat to put him in the 1st place.

Cap would have beaten T'Challa way faster.

If Cap had his powers removed no he wouldn't.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 10:45 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

And what makes you think T'Challa is a better fighter than Captain America??

Featwise, Cap is the best H2H fighter in the entire MCU!

Killmonger could hit Cap, but i pretty much doubt Killmonger can beat Cap in a H2H!

In that aspect, even with the suit Killmonger would unlikely be able to deliver a deadly blow to Cap.

Furthermore, we saw Cap withstanding shots from Bucky and still being capable of fighting! On the other hand, T'Challa was defeated by a single stabb!

And again, the Black Panther suit isn't as invulnerable as the shield is.

Conclusion:
Cap is stronger, more resistant, and a better fighter than Killmonger.

There is absolutely no shot that Cap is more resistant to harm than Killmonger while Killmonger is wearing the BP vibranium suit.

I agree that Cap takes the day for sure in Round 1. No question there, though it won't be a Batroc type of victory. It'll be a hard fought one.

The only shot Cap has in Round 2 is if he is able to repeatedly hit Killmonger with his shield in a place like the head. However, Killmonger was going toe-to-toe (if not winning) against T'Challa throughout the entirety of the BP film, whether it was in an unpowered duel, falling in mid-air combat to the vibranium train track, or on said train track fighting H2H. The same BP that always had Bucky on the ropes in CW. The only time T'Challa struggled with Bucky was when he didn't have his suit on during Bucky's Winter Soldier-mode escape.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 12:33 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by KingD19
If Cap had his powers removed no he wouldn't.

And what makes you think that?

Last time i checked the SSS didn't grant Neo's fighting abilities! laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 12:41 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

There is absolutely no shot that Cap is more resistant to harm than Killmonger while Killmonger is wearing the BP vibranium suit.

I agree that Cap takes the day for sure in Round 1. No question there, though it won't be a Batroc type of victory. It'll be a hard fought one.

The only shot Cap has in Round 2 is if he is able to repeatedly hit Killmonger with his shield in a place like the head. However, Killmonger was going toe-to-toe (if not winning) against T'Challa throughout the entirety of the BP film, whether it was in an unpowered duel, falling in mid-air combat to the vibranium train track, or on said train track fighting H2H. The same BP that always had Bucky on the ropes in CW. The only time T'Challa struggled with Bucky was when he didn't have his suit on during Bucky's Winter Soldier-mode escape.

The suit grants protection not resistance. Also, Killmonger was able to partially K.O T'Challa while in the suit. Again, with enough strength Killmonger should feel Cap's hits.

I agree. Killmonger surely is a top fighter.

The thing is this, how will Killmonger harm Cap?? Cap with the shield is powerful enough to go toe to toe with High power characters like Iron Man or Thor.

The BP suit hasn't shown enough feats to put it in par to Iron Man's suits, at least not power wise.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 12:48 AM
John Murdoch

The suit grants protection not resistance. Also, Killmonger was able to partially K.O T'Challa while in the suit. Again, with enough strength Killmonger should feel Cap's hits.

I agree. Killmonger surely is a top fighter.

The thing is this, how will Killmonger harm Cap?? Cap with the shield is powerful enough to go toe to toe with High power characters like Iron Man or Thor.

The BP suit hasn't shown enough feats to put it in par to Iron Man's suits, at least not power wise.

- A M203 grenade round launched Cap off a bridge through a bus on the road below while he was behind his shield in Winter Soldier. The same thing disoriented T'Challa and made his ears ring. T'Challa handled it better than Cap. Again, T'Challa was wearing a body suit made of vibranium. How will Killmonger hurt Cap? By using his bodysuit made of vibranium.

- Iron Man's suit is a titanium alloy, not vibranium, thus it is actually less resistant to damage than Cap's shield, just like the BP bodysuits made of vibranium.

- In what universe can Cap fight Thor?! Certainly not the MCU. Again, Cap stopped Thor's hammer strike due to his shield, which is (again) what BP's bodysuit is composed of.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 01:11 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Hold up... Josh thinks Cap with shield can go toe-to-toe with Thor in a proper fight? lol.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 02:26 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Hold up... Josh thinks Cap with shield can go toe-to-toe with Thor in a proper fight? lol.

He also thinks that a punch from the Juggernaut is more powerful than a charged hammershot from Thor

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 02:29 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

- A M203 grenade round launched Cap off a bridge through a bus on the road below while he was behind his shield in Winter Soldier. The same thing disoriented T'Challa and made his ears ring. T'Challa handled it better than Cap. Again, T'Challa was wearing a body suit made of vibranium. How will Killmonger hurt Cap? By using his bodysuit made of vibranium.

- Iron Man's suit is a titanium alloy, not vibranium, thus it is actually less resistant to damage than Cap's shield, just like the BP bodysuits made of vibranium.

- In what universe can Cap fight Thor?! Certainly not the MCU. Again, Cap stopped Thor's hammer strike due to his shield, which is (again) what BP's bodysuit is composed of.

Except T'Challa is all sorrounded with Vibranium and still got stunned. That's why cap has a SHIELD not a SUIT. And still, AGAIN, the suit isn't on par with the shield.

I said powerwise, not resistance-wise If Tony had a hard time fighting Cap, then BP's suit shouldn't be a problem. Featwise Tony's suit has more destructive capabilities than Black Panther's one.

And what makes you think Cap wouldn't keep tanking Thor's blows??

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 02:57 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Originally posted by Silent Master
He also thinks that a punch from the Juggernaut is more powerful than a charged hammershot from Thor

Lol, go research who the Juggernaut is, then come back okay.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 02:58 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I know most of you are all hyped and emotional with Killmonger due to his amazing performance and all ther rest. Just don't let that cloud your judgement!!!

As far as feats go:
1. Cap is still #1 MCU fighter.
2. Cap's shield is >>>>BP's suit strenghtwise.
3. Cap is stronger than both T'Challa and Killmonger
4. Cap has proven to be able to take A LOOOOOOTTTT of punishment!

Killmonger is certainly a worthy opponent for Cap, but he doesn't have enough feats to give him the win.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:03 AM
Silent Master

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Lol, go research who the Juggernaut is, then come back okay.

I've seen the movie, Charged Mjolnir ≥>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> punch from the juggernaut.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:19 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I've seen the movie, Charged Mjolnir ≥>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> punch from the juggernaut.

Do you have a power meter or some sort of evidence to point out that? Or you just assumed that?

The Juggernaut is amongst the strongest characters in Marvel. Certainly strong enough to rival a charged hammer from Thor.

Go research who the Juggernaut is Silent.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:27 AM
Silent Master

Comics have nothing to do with this. My evidence is their feats. Thor's hammer shot is clearly far far far far far more powerful than any punch juggernaut had in the entire movie.

I'm more than willing to Battle Zone this if that's what it takes.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:36 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Comics have nothing to do with this. My evidence is their feats. Thor's hammer shot is clearly far far far far far more powerful than any punch juggernaut had in the entire movie.

I'm more than willing to Battle Zone this if that's what it takes.

Go watch X Men 3 and come back.

Also, this thread doesnt concern Thor or Juggernaut.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:44 AM