KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Barsen'thor/Hero of Tython > MP Revan?

Barsen'thor/Hero of Tython > MP Revan?
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Barsen'thor/Hero of Tython > MP Revan?

quote:
"The Force is strong with you, stronger than I've felt in a long time."
- Revan, Maelstrom Prison

Revan says this to both the Barsen'thor and Hero of Tython.

Thoughts?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 09:22 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

He is referring to not himself but other people, and a long time is around 300 years, so It doesn't prove anything. Only that they are stronger than the Sith, who went to the MP.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:01 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Their would be a Comma between felt and in, if it were meaning himself like this.

"The Force is strong with you, stronger than I've felt, in a long time."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:03 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Except he hasn't sensed anyone in a long time but Vitiate and obviously that'd be ridiculous. He's obviously referring to himself.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:22 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Dread Masters?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:38 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
Except he hasn't sensed anyone in a long time but Vitiate and obviously that'd be ridiculous. He's obviously referring to himself.

Nah, he then goes on to say another, in reference to Meetra, he is clearly out of it.
Not to mention he has been heavily drained, as he could barely walk.

So even if the Jedi knight/consular was, it's not much of an achievement, as Meetra was literally saying Revan's strength was failing, and was literally relying on Meetra for strength.

He is not comparable to even his Foundry self tbh.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:39 AM
Haschwalth

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:40 AM
Haschwalth

Also a side note, Meetra still had faith that Revan could of stopped Vitiate, even after the first encounter, interesting.

@Darthant66 what do you think of this?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:43 AM
Freedon Nadd

It gauges your player?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:47 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Nah, he then goes on to say another, in reference to Meetra, he is clearly out of it.
Not to mention he has been heavily drained, as he could barely walk.

So even if the Jedi knight/consular was, it's not much of an achievement, as Meetra was literally saying Revan's strength was failing, and was literally relying on Meetra for strength.

He is not comparable to even his Foundry self tbh.

You're missing the point. He says their strength in the Force is stronger than he's felt in a long time. If it referred to others then it can't be Vitiate or the Dread Masters as we know both are vastly more powerful than either Jedi protag. Therefore referring to Meetra Surik. But, that makes no sense, as we know the only other people he's sensed in any form is, as I've said, the Emperor and the Dread Masters. Meetra, Nyriss and Scourge aren't as powerful as either of those, neither are 'Thor and the Hero.

It's referring to him. Now, what you want to take from that is entirely up to you.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:05 AM
Haschwalth

You're missing the point. He says their strength in the Force is stronger than he's felt in a long time. If it referred to others then it can't be Vitiate or the Dread Masters as we know both are vastly more powerful than either Jedi protag. Therefore referring to Meetra Surik. But, that makes no sense, as we know the only other people he's sensed in any form is, as I've said, the Emperor and the Dread Masters. Meetra, Nyriss and Scourge aren't as powerful as either of those, neither are 'Thor and the Hero.

It's referring to him. Now, what you want to take from that is entirely up to you.

Mhmm, but as I expanded in, it doesn't matter if it does, because this is a drained/Insane/split/Completely ****ed Revan who could barely walk when he said that, who was a shadow of his former self, not even comparable to his foundry version. Tbh, if it does. It makes even more reason to why he lost on the foundry.

But frankly this Makes the HoT/Consular nowhere near comparable to a Normal Revan.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:14 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I never claimed otherwise, as you can see I put MP Revan.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:17 AM
Haschwalth

I never claimed otherwise, as you can see I put MP Revan.

I'll drop it.

I personally see no point, in this thread, as It doesn't prove much IMO
Sorry if I seem aggressive.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:27 AM
MythLord
Diamond

'Thor and HoT > Novel Vitiate, confirmed.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:33 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I believe it only reinforces how fvcked Revan was.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:43 AM
darthbane77

It just means that they were stronger than anyone Revan had personally encountered in a very long time.

You're reading too much into it.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 05:17 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No, it means after being drained for 300 years, he was failing strength wise. Which is the entire premise of those two flashpoints. This is not an impressive accomplishment by the protags here, but it is pretty impressive that people who have no idea what they're talking about continue to speak on matters they couldn't possibly understand.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 08:41 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote