KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman One Million Vs Death Seed Sentry

Superman One Million Vs Death Seed Sentry
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Does Bran not have RealityWarper on ignore? Lol.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 16th, 2018 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Does Bran not have RealityWarper on ignore? Lol.
thumb up

He just got back, he'll know what's what soon enough.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:10 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Superman easily, holding off a freaking galaxy with TK alone is several magnitude above anything ds sentry has done

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:14 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Philosophía
thumb up

He just got back, he'll know what's what soon enough.
This. RW was only around for like a month or so when I left.

We'll see where this heads though, he hasn't done anything to warrant it for me, he just seems really stubborn like a few others I'm sure I don't have to mention. The only person I have on ignore is h1 who I hope RW isn't as unreasonable as. I ****ing hate wall posters.
I looked at a couple of his posts in the movie vs (thank Zod he found another forum) and am instantly reminded why he was put there.

We'll see anyway.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:26 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'll be damned, this actually turned into good conversation.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 12:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by One Big Mob
This. RW was only around for like a month or so when I left.

We'll see where this heads though, he hasn't done anything to warrant it for me, he just seems really stubborn like a few others I'm sure I don't have to mention. The only person I have on ignore is h1 who I hope RW isn't as unreasonable as. I ****ing hate wall posters.
I looked at a couple of his posts in the movie vs (thank Zod he found another forum) and am instantly reminded why he was put there.

We'll see anyway.
He legit thinks Sentry is an Omniversal power, btw.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 12:27 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

He legit thinks Sentry is an Omniversal power, btw.
Not a fan of that.
I'll probably reply to the next post and give up though.

Though the jump from Exitar level to omniversal seems like a big one. The jump to Exitar level in the first place... hell even him matching all the heroes is a retarded feat and far and away his best strength feat, let's make it worse naturally.

Sometimes these posts leave you confused. How do you acknowledge it and provide a counter? Perplexing

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 01:07 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem with your claim is that it applies to a DEAD WEIGHT with TWO CHARACTERS TRYING TO LIFT IT.

The case here is about TWO CHARACTERS PUSHING UP AGAINST A COSMIC FORCE PUSHING DOWN so they have both the HEIGHT AND THE FORCE EXERTED BY EXITAR TO COUNTER.

In short your example is flawed from the start while my analogy with an hydrolic press applies.

quote:
What else do we have? Oh right, you are dancing around the question. Where is your proof that Exitar exerted his max power? Where is your proof that Exitar put literally 100 percent of his power into moving his feet downwards?

Because he is flying, he isn't exerting a force that requires a leverage.

quote:
ESPECIALLY when you are adamant in the fact that Exitar then uses his hands to crush the planet, which implies he needs more power than simply descending to do it?

Which implies that he is hitting the Earth, not simply landing on it, which isn't relevant to the question, which would be obvious to you if had read the arc completely instead of cherry picking and adding context.

There is no correlation between both.

quote:
Like I said, it'd be like assuming everytime a guy flies in every direction that he is using max power. Sentry got slowed or halted by Iron Man's rocket boots. I believe Wendihulk sniped him out of flight. Naturally these are ignored or called a "straw man" since you can't actually use the comics against you since you ignore the proof.

Again, you are adding a context that's not even here in the first place.

When has Tony beat Sentry in a context of strength again ?

Never, they never exerted a force in an opposite direction against each other.

You are trying to move the goalposts.

I've already shown that Rogue was using all the power she had at her disposal and that was completely useless because Exitar's physical power is way beyond her league.

quote:

As for why Exitar didn't do more? Maybe it's because my entire assertion is that no one in comics has ever concentrated their entire strength into moving their feet downwards? Maybe it's because Thor killed him immediately after they stopped him before he could do anything?

He didn't land because Sentry stopped it. Plain and simple.

Rogue was completely unnoticeable.

Exitar is said to be more powerful than the 4th host and a single Celestial of the 4th host like Arishem is powerful enough to ridicule the 3 most powerful sky fathers, all at once.

I see that you don't get the gap that exist between Exitar and those heroes...

The moment of Exitar's death is completely irrelevant, it took him a long moment to die either ways and we saw Sentry pushing is dead weight out of space at MFTL speed EFFORTLESSLY when Exitar was finally deceased which means that your theory of the dead weight collapse.

quote:
They said half. And half the plan of a plan that involves strength needed to stop something very strongly implies half the power too even if you twist it that way.
When the only thing we have to explain the involvement is "half", that doesn't mean 100 percent.

Details which said Sentry was half of the plan though. That's what we saw.
And the summary said both of them did the feat, not one or the other like what you're saying. Both of them did it. Both of them were needed. Each were half the plan. Even if Rogue was 10 percent for whatever retarded reason, Sentry still did not match Exitar in pure strength.
But Sentry and Rogue joined together and each were half the plan. That is the details. That is all we were given. It cannot be twisted to give full props to Sentry. Nothing supports that.

A plan is a "set of decisions about how to do something in the future" so Sentry is basically "half of a set of decisions about to do something in the future".

Nuff' said.

Sentry did match Exitar in pure strength.

Sentry's power is said to be limitless and directly confirmed by Tony Stark and by the author in an interview too.

That means that, at this point, the author doesn't need anything but Sentry himself to accomplish whatever prowess he wants.

That's why Sentry is at the core, a solo hero, and Superman-like characters weaklings whom needs a team. \o/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/di...ry/english/plan

A2 [ C ] a set of decisions about how to do something in the future:
a company's business plan
a negotiated peace plan
a five-year plan
holiday plans
What are your plans for this weekend?
[ + to infinitive ] My plan is to sell the house and buy an apartment.

[ C ] a type of arrangement for financial investment:
a pension/savings plan
go according to plan

to happen in the way you intend:
Events of this type rarely go according to plan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
It wasn't about killing the Celestial, though you bringing up him being a pawn while the whole feat is him going against them...
It is about why would Kang go through the trouble of taking down Exitar when he could have goaded Sentry to his side? Why was Sentry's power literally never said to be in any comparison to a Celestial in that arc? It seems a little odd to negate when he was apparently as powerful as Exitar. Why was Exitar still said to be the most powerful energy source in existence? Why was Kang now the most powerful being in the universe (paraphrasing) with only a little power when Sentry was merely aý Exitar's feat and we saw him apply himself? Why was it up to Havok and Sunfire to save the universe when Sentry apparently had 100 percent of Exitar's power?
Why was there no statements? Why is there no proof? Why would Sentry being as powerful even be close to the intention here?

There is too much loaded question that are irrelevant to the topic.

I will simply say this:

1) Sentry is confirmed to be the "Most powerful man in existence" which was the title previously owned by Molecule Man.

2) When Sentry grabbed Thor in the same arc, Wolverine said that Sentry is the most powerful being he ever faced...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 01:16 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Not a fan of that.
I'll probably reply to the next post and give up though.

Though the jump from Exitar level to omniversal seems like a big one. The jump to Exitar level in the first place... hell even him matching all the heroes is a retarded feat and far and away his best strength feat, let's make it worse naturally.

Sometimes these posts leave you confused. How do you acknowledge it and provide a counter? Perplexing

About this, whatever term people are trying to use is irrelevant.

Sentry's power is LIMITLESS.

I'm going with what the CHARACTERS and the AUTHORS are saying about Sentry, which is legitimate, that makes me far away from being a fanboy.

Period.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 01:18 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Dareangel
how do you know which % was needed from each of them to stop the galaxy? maybe titano was doing 99% of the job? do you know the strength meassurements between those 2?

You're being facetious.

No mention was made either way, as it most certainly would have been. And no proof of shared feats is ever asked for, even when the characters are Wonder Woman or Hal Jordan..

The assumption is a shared burden, unless proven otherwise.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:01 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I don't see how Sentry wins one fight.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:26 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zack M
I don't see how Sentry wins one fight.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:30 AM
xJLxKing

Lol the perfect gif

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:47 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by RealityWarper
The problem with your claim is that it applies to a DEAD WEIGHT with TWO CHARACTERS TRYING TO LIFT IT.

The case here is about TWO CHARACTERS PUSHING UP AGAINST A COSMIC FORCE PUSHING DOWN so they have both the HEIGHT AND THE FORCE EXERTED BY EXITAR TO COUNTER.

In short your example is flawed from the start while my analogy with an hydrolic press applies.

What

I am not joking here in the slightest, but I almost didn't read your post because you lead with this. Unfortunately I did. Come on man. Seriously, come on.
I'll get to my counter in a minute here, but seriously, you can't have thought this was an actual point that would suddenly throw a wrench into the mix. You basically just said it weighed more and that's why real world examples are irrelevant.

I used "dead weight" and literally the second example I could think of off the top of my head (first was a squat for whatever reason) to show how more people can make something previously unmovable easily move. It's a simple concept, but it applies to how something couldn't move something on its own but now it can... because someone else is helping in a disadvantageous position or not.

Not only that but you realize you know... gravity still applies. A weight doesn't weigh nothing just because it stopped at your chest while it still wants to go down.

But to directly answer it like I alluded to before, all that means is the weight was heavier than dead weight. The pressure exerted was more than what the weight of Exitar was. That doesn't magically change the entire dynamic of the feat, it means that we cannot actually put a number to the feat because it's impossible to measure. That however, doesn't mean the same concept of a helper doesn't stand true.

If you want to play the momentum angle erasing what I say, we'll simply change it a more relevant example.

Of course I will. Imagine if you will two guys lock up. One guy is pushing the other back, But another guy comes to his aid to help push the other guy over. The two people who pushed him over might not have succeeded on their own, but they did with help.
If 10 Carvers sumo wrestled Bob Sapp, they would likely overpower and push him back. 2 Carvers would be pushed out of the ring, but once they started upping the numbers, they would start overpowering him. It's the same concept as the dead weight, except now we don't have a number to attach to it.

Why the bench pressing is important, because it shows us a weight that they could move on their own, and how much help you know helps. The guy even with 3 other people helping was pushing up the majority of the weight. Yet he was completely useless on his own. Yet with help he can move it.

Which is relevant because Rogue was exactly 50 percent of the power required to stop Exitar. On her own she was useless. With someone just as strong as her she can stop it. Just like a real life example with numbers attached, crazy huh?

I ran out of patience to try and explain this more. I can't fathom how you can misconstrue this further.

Because he is flying, he isn't exerting a force that requires a leverage.

He is descending. You don't see Superman pushing around planets by flying backwards at them. Not to say it doesn't exert force, but it has literally never in all of fiction to my knowledge said to be equal with forward flight strength.

Holy **** I just got an image of Superman standing on the planet in his iconic pose pushing the planet into the sun and started laughing. Definitely including that at the end.

Which implies that he is hitting the Earth, not simply landing on it, which isn't relevant to the question, which would be obvious to you if had read the arc completely instead of cherry picking and adding context.

There is no correlation between both.
Cherry picking and adding context? You use a statement by Wolverine to try and say Sentry is more powerful than him. You tried to say Sentry is limitless and that's why the feat is alright? You use no statements at all to say Sentry stopped Exitar on his own. You ignore actual statements, and everything else to try and say Sentry stopped him on his own when nothing in the comic backs this up.
Among other things. Don't try and turn your reflection into mine.

And you're the one who brought up him using his hands to destroy the planet in the first place. laughing out loud

Which again, means that Exitar descending downwards is not enough to destroy the planet. Because he has to use additional strength to flex the planet to death. If his descent isn't the ultimate attack, then how can we assume it's him using all his power?

Again, you are adding a context that's not even here in the first place.

When has Tony beat Sentry in a context of strength again ?

Never, they never exerted a force in an opposite direction against each other.

You are trying to move the goalposts.

I've already shown that Rogue was using all the power she had at her disposal and that was completely useless because Exitar's physical power is way beyond her league.
Tony didn't beat Sentry in a test of strength, which is the point. However, Tony did halt his forward moment with his own forward momentum. Using your logic, this means Tony's rockets are just as strong. See?
https://imgur.com/a/GiM4M

Exitar didn't have time to use another tactic like Sentry did there because Thor killed him. Among other times people caught Sentry's forward momentum fists, or snatched him out of midair. Shit happens. And those examples are a lot more relevant to strength than catching some feet.
Exitar was not overpowered. Exitar's descent however was matched by Sentry and Rogue. Exitar's descent is not his full power.

Moving the goalposts? You're not even in the same stadium fella.

And even your new "things have to be moving to be applicable" backs up the fact that Rogue did something. Because people helping you can help you push something you alone could not. Unless you just don't believe any amount of people could halt the momentum of someone like The Mountain. Because if one person can't do it, no amount of people can according to you. This is your logic believe it or not. If you disagree with me repeating your logic back at you, you completely forfeit the right to pretend Rogue could add in any way possible.

He didn't land because Sentry stopped it. Plain and simple.

Rogue was completely unnoticeable.

Exitar is said to be more powerful than the 4th host and a single Celestial of the 4th host like Arishem is powerful enough to ridicule the 3 most powerful sky fathers, all at once.

I see that you don't get the gap that exist between Exitar and those heroes...

The moment of Exitar's death is completely irrelevant, it took him a long moment to die either ways and we saw Sentry pushing is dead weight out of space at MFTL speed EFFORTLESSLY when Exitar was finally deceased which means that your theory of the dead weight collapse.
I'm saying him not landing was the extent of his descent ability and him getting slayed right away stopped him from trying a more powerful method. it's not complicated.

I have no idea what you're trying to say with the Celestial part. He has above 4th Host descent ability I guess? That still doesn't make it his max power.

Because even if it took him a long time to die, he'd be more concerned with his neck being gouged open and dying than continuing to go downwards or to start stomping, or to just punch the planet.

And Sentry flying Exitar away is a great feat. But it's completely irrelevant as I never said he was't exerting some pressure, he just wasn't putting all his strength into it, as it wasn't a test of strength, and if it was we would have seen him in a little more advantageous position.

If you think I was making some sort of dead weight argument, you completely misread everything, and you must assume me completely retarded like I wouldn't be aware of Sentry flying him away, and like I would assume dead weight would continue pushing against the previous shield they used in the alt timeline.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:54 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

A plan is a "set of decisions about how to do something in the future" so Sentry is basically "half of a set of decisions about to do something in the future".

Nuff' said.

Sentry did match Exitar in pure strength.

Sentry's power is said to be limitless and directly confirmed by Tony Stark and by the author in an interview too.

That means that, at this point, the author doesn't need anything but Sentry himself to accomplish whatever prowess he wants.

That's why Sentry is at the core, a solo hero, and Superman-like characters weaklings whom needs a team. \o/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/di...ry/english/plan

A2 [ C ] a set of decisions about how to do something in the future:
a company's business plan
a negotiated peace plan
a five-year plan
holiday plans
What are your plans for this weekend?
[ + to infinitive ] My plan is to sell the house and buy an apartment.

[ C ] a type of arrangement for financial investment:
a pension/savings plan
go according to plan

to happen in the way you intend:
Events of this type rarely go according to plan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What

And the definition of a plan doesn't override what the plan entailed, nor the context of one. If both halves of the plan are two people grabbing feet and exerting their max pressure against it, that probably puts them on equal footing.

The plan revolved entirely around physical strength. Rogue was half the plan. Sentry was the other. We have a summary saying it was a joint effort. IE, at the absolutely ****ing least, Sentry didn't do all the work. I'll go over at the end an example that happened earlier in Sentry's history that I completely glossed over until now for whatever reason.

You say Sentry is limitless and can accomplish any task, so that makes it ok, but you're completely glossing over the fact that Exitar was seen as omnipotent in that story, and the most powerful being in the universe. How can you sit there and spin that tripe at me and expect me to swallow it? The complete lack of Sentry is the most powerful thing in this story kind of speaks volumes too.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-90tNpdyOj...Ic42/RCO020.jpg

This is after Sentry was supposedly more powerful than Exitar too. I am really confused as to why Exitar would get better statements than Sentry after Sentry just proved he was above Exitar? Weird.

There is too much loaded question that are irrelevant to the topic.

I will simply say this:

1) Sentry is confirmed to be the "Most powerful man in existence" which was the title previously owned by Molecule Man.

2) When Sentry grabbed Thor in the same arc, Wolverine said that Sentry is the most powerful being he ever faced...
The loaded questions are very pertinent questions though. The fact that you can't answer them without backing yourself into a corner speaks volumes.

How is it irrelevant to the topic when it's literally in the same book? With context from the book? In a book where Exitar was the most powerful energy source in existence? Not off panel most powerful man in existence mind you passing the torch... Exitar's power was stated multiple times to be omnipotent, Exitar was the most powerful being in the book. If Sentry came anywhere near Exitar in that book, you'd think the great cosmic fighter that is Wolverine would have mentioned it. Nobody did.

And Molecule Man is the same in any universe. It's a shame an arc was made where BILLIONS were killed by Black Swans. It's a shame each Molecule Man was Child Beyonder level at best.
Backpacking off of Molecule Man on his best day isn't the best. Hell, even Doom beat the piss out of him right after Secret Wars 2. But I digress, after the Molecule Man feat he got a powerup and was portrayed as less powerful than Exitar. Conflicting.
Also most powerful man in existence is a little different than most powerful being in existence. Not only that, but how can you spit that at me when Exitar was little called the most powerful energy source in existence a couple pages after Sentry/Rogue stopped him? Seriously.

I forgot the page where Wolverine faced off against Exitar and said Sentry was directly more powerful. And if you're going to use a statement like that, you'd think an entire page jerking off Exitar calling him omnipotent and the most powerful energy source in existence would speak a little ****ing louder than Wolverine saying of all the people he fought, Sentry was that guy.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:55 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Now, here's two things I want to separate to sum up this argument.

First is, this happened exactly before with the helicarrrier. Sentry exerted a lot of force on his own in a failing effort and Ms Marvel and Wonder Man come in and stop it instantly the second they help. Obviously Ms Marvel/Wonder Man are more powerful than Sentry by a large degree and Sentry did NOTHING. And Ms Marvel/Wonder Man were the base of Rogue in that arc too. Then she absorbed hundreds of heroes.
Well, this is weird isn't it?

http://i.imgur.com/42Sm4NR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nEDjU3W.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RkWEwMn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tB4UYDW.jpg

THE SAME EXACT THING

Because that is how things work in real life and comics. A little extra help can suddenly and ultimately stop something you yourself could not accomplish much against.

Plus Rogue was said to be half, and Sentry the other half. The summary said it was a joint effort. That means in most people's minds it was 50/50. Great feat tbh. Amazing feat. Not what you're saying the feat is however.

---------------------------------------------------

The second thing I want to say is...

And that's it. I will not be reading your response to avoid replying to it. Everything is too circular, and I do not want to see more random shit added in like the top part of your post.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:55 AM
xJLxKing

OBM, I applaud your effort

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 03:07 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by xJLxKing
OBM, I applaud your effort
Failing effort. He either gets it or he continues on with the same line of thinking.
If that happens I accomplished nothing at all, though that picture is some of my finest work not to toot my own horn.

I'm glad that image was put in my mind.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 03:21 AM
JBL
Wrestling God

Lol at the attempts to lowball Sentrys feat. Reminds me of the time superman and green lantern moved the earth and superman fans said superman did all the work. Sentry stopped that celestial. Live with it.

Last edited by JBL on Feb 17th, 2018 at 03:34 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 03:31 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 03:44 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote