KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto vs Unworthy Thor

Magneto vs Unworthy Thor
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Finish him, abhi

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 02:44 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
I think we're getting a bit off track here though.

I really am curious as to what degree of attack would be required to breach Magneto's shields, if not Thor's lightning or best attacks could do it.

Particularly people like Phil or Zop who deeply hate Thor stick out tongue

Heh.

You probably know this, but I'm one of the people who doesn't overrate Magneto.

I think that the shield would be able to repel a few [5-6?] Mjolnir blows before it goes down.

Magneto can easily manipulate lightning, so that wouldn't work at all though, imo.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 02:55 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Philo is destroying ABHI. I feel bad for the guy.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:27 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Each time, you type Abhi's nickname in caps. He makes you rock-hard or what?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Each time, you type Abhi's nickname in caps. He makes you rock-hard or what?

I do it because I know it gets to you. smile

I'm loving it.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:29 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by carver9
Philo is destroying ABHI. I feel bad for the guy.
Shut up, moron.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:30 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:33 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I agree with Carver

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:37 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by abhilegend
Cameos in Thor comics or Defenders?
No. I said random comics for a reason. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:48 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Philo,

You took your medicine today?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 05:02 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He did, that's why your ass is so sore now.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 05:03 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Abhi and Carver teamup incoming, vs the unlubed phildo

Weird thread

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 05:04 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 05:07 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

KMC forums IS the medicine.

We all take a dose of it to keep the doctor away.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 05:08 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by carver9
Philo,

You took your medicine today?
You're carrying STDs?

I don't think they carry through your saliva, either way.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 05:08 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote:

This is so deceiving, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Magneto used the machine to spread his essence over the entire world and become part of the Magnetosphere, to the point where he could feel individual walkie-talkies and blow-dryers:
His point was to literally control everything in order to hold the world hostage and give him Genosha.
In Fatal Attractions, he simply send an EMP pulse and then went on with his day:
To say the feats are equivalent is baffling, and then to use that as proof that he got an off-panel depowerment since Fatal Attractions is even moreso.
Jesus Christ abhi, what are you even doing here?

I'm not trying to compare the feats. It's just that in one showing where he was amped, he effected entire Earth's magnetosphere without an issue and later needed a machine to do that.

It's just to show the amp was temporary.

quote:

This is so weird .
Out of all the people on the forum you, a Superman fan, should be the first to understand how a character holding back subconsciously, and another not, might make it seem like the other one is more powerful. How can you argue like this, and then go in a Supergirl vs Superman thread and say she only seemed more powerful because Superman has been used to holding back his whole life, while she wasn't?

In this case, Joseph was exact duplicate of Magneto and was only more powerful than Magneto because he lacked the mental blocks all high powered mutants do.

If Magneto was more powerful than before, that shouldn't be possible because Joseph=base magneto without the restraints.

quote:

You got this wrong.
The first time Magneto used his powers, Moira's tampering disappeared:
"My process was a failure - effective only so long as the subject never used their mutant power"
I've already showed you many instances of Magneto being called more powerful - him directly remarking that he is more powerful , him
specifically saying he can now do things that he could not to before and explicitly having calls back to the entirety of Silver Age by going back to X-Men #4, the recaps explicitly saying that he came back to adulthood more powerful and there's literally a dozen other instances of it being stated.

That was only regarding the mental state of the characters. Fabian Cortez found the genetic modification in Magneto's body years later.

(please log in to view the image)

And even If Magneto reverted back to his original state, how does that makes him more powerful? He should be as powerful as before.

He was more powerful because he had drained Zaldane of her powers in uncanny 275.
quote:

This is not debatable. I'm serious, and it only makes it look worse the further you advance due to the ridiculous preponderance of clear evidence to the contrary.
Stop with this stubbornness. You can attack Magneto in much easier ways than to obfuscate the truth.

I'm not trying to attack anyone here. Just showing what's actually happened.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 05:10 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Philosophía
You're carrying STDs?

I don't think they carry through your saliva, either way.
My buddy gave some girl throat chlamydia one time and she passed it off to other people. I think she passed it on anyway.

If she did, Carver could have passed it on to some young boys.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 05:14 PM
Philosophía

I'm not trying to compare the feats. It's just that in one showing where he was amped, he effected entire Earth's magnetosphere without an issue and later needed a machine to do that.

It's just to show the amp was temporary.
In the first feat, he sent an EMP. In the second, he merged with the magnetosphere. These are two different feats. Just because he did the first, doesn't mean he could do the second at the same powerlevel. And just because he used a machine for the second, doesn't mean he is less powerful than the first.

You're using this to show he was depowered. You can't. Your comparison doesn't make sense. You have to see this.

In this case, Joseph was exact duplicate of Magneto and was only more powerful than Magneto because he lacked the mental blocks all high powered mutants do.

If Magneto was more powerful than before, that shouldn't be possible because Joseph=base magneto without the restraints.
Joseph was copied from Magneto after X-Men #1-3 and Fatal Attractions [i.e. with all of Magneto's power-ups in place]. Again, abhi, you're confused about the chronology.

Since Joseph was all-out Magneto [i.e. body-burning], he was apparently more powerful than Magneto, who was not willing to go to that extent. It's literally Jeph Loeb's Supergirl compared to Superman.

That was only regarding the mental state of the characters. Fabian Cortez found the genetic modification in Magneto's body years later.

And even If Magneto reverted back to his original state, how does that makes him more powerful? He should be as powerful as before.

He was more powerful because he had drained Zaldane of her powers in uncanny 275.
All of the scans I showed you of him being more powerful than Silver Age OldNeto are far before he ever met Zaldane.

The genetic alterations didn't work, once he started using his powers. Moira directly says it. We have Magneto, in actual person, saying that he is more powerful. We have him actually doing feats that he explicitly says he couldn't do, ever since way back one of his first appearances in X-Men #4.

Stop arguing it, seriously, it's crazy. You have direct statements and demonstrations from Magneto that he is more powerful than before.

Start reading from Uncanny X-Men #104, and move up. Go to his first confrontations with the X-Men after his rejuvination. Go to Uncanny X-Men #150 when he almost kills Kitty, and reforms. Go through New Mutants.

There's so much material to go through, man, that you'll 100% see how wrong your position here is.

I know at this point that you know it's wrong. What I don't understand is why you keep going, since it just discredits your position, when it can be stronger by using actual valid evidence.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 05:44 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

my heart hurts watching abhi and phil go at it.

my heart swells at seeing phil suffer the same sense of bafflement that i have suffered going against abhi on many occasions.

i am so conflicted. sad

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 06:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by zopzop
Magneto has slagged Adamantium with a thought :
You dont' have to worry if Thor is strong enough to not be pushed around by Magneto manipulating his arm. You have to worry about Magneto slagging it. Thor is now down to one arm. Then Magneto can manipulate that slagged Uru into a spike and ram it into Thor's head. /Fight.

Magneto's shields have held up just fine vs Thor's physical strength (while he was wielding Mjolnir and you can throw She-Hulk in there too just for fun) :
Yes, I'm aware of that scan from the 1950s that has Magneto straining to stop Thor's attacks. But he underwent a rebirth that boosted his powers in the 70s. So that showing doesn't hold water.

Slagging it? That's dumb af. Are you good? Magneto is not in anyway slagging enchanted Black Uru forged in the same Celestial forge as Mjolnir:

Being able to thoroughly manipulate Wolverine's adamantium is not in anyway similar and that's a ridiculous argument.

There are levels to this shit. At best, you can argue, he'd do what he did last time, and repel it or something to that extent, but he's not the goddamn Molecule Man. He's not slagging any type of metal simply because it's metal. He isn't slagging Celestial armor, he isn't slagging the Destroyer, Uru, Adamantine or anything of the sort. Again, there are levels to this shit. Comics have made that abundantly clear for decades.

No, Magneto's shields withstood one blow before almost buckling soon after in one comic. A decade later, we have one panel of his shields withstanding a blow from She-Hulk and Thor (Hela's curse, so massively weakened).

That's so far gone from him being able to withstand Thor's blows repeatedly, I don't understand how you could make that connection. Would you like to compare what has buckled Magneto and what Thor has broken?

Thor's best power feats > Magneto's best shielding feats. If Thor gets on top and starts hammering away at Magneto, he is straight up f*cked.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Feb 18th, 2018 at 06:56 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 06:44 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote