KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars Episode IX

Star Wars Episode IX
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Gender: Male
Location: Transcendent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Not at all looking forward to this.


__________________



Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 08:58 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

I am as excited to see this as Old Rover Here is....

(please log in to view the image)

....yep.


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 10:22 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Yet to be found

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
(please log in to view the image)


Hope this film can live up to how great TFA and TLJ was.


I hope so as well.


__________________


Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 04:17 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Greatest Wizard

Gender: Male
Location: Wizarding World

Can't wait.


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:06 PM
quanchi112 is online now! Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
B-b-but true fans decide everything!


IK! HAHAHA.


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:11 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Greatest Wizard

Gender: Male
Location: Wizarding World

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Listening to audiences is what is making the DC films worse. It's what made Alien Covenant terrible.
Josh is an idiot. Even he doesn't take himself seriously.


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:16 PM
quanchi112 is online now! Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Listening to audiences is what is making the DC films worse. It's what made Alien Covenant terrible.


BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

WHAT THE **** DOES THAT MEAN!!??

Are you serious?

Okay, then if audiences "don't matter" for whom are the movies made in the first place? For the directors? laughing out loud


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:39 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Josh is an idiot. Even he doesn't take himself seriously.


Everyone knows you are 1st place in that Quanchi laughing out loud


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:40 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: North Philadelphia

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

WHAT THE **** DOES THAT MEAN!!??

Are you serious?

Okay, then if audiences "don't matter" for whom are the movies made in the first place? For the directors? laughing out loud


It's pretty simple. If you start a story arc that takes place over 3 movies then you stick to the arc. You don't start changing the story after every movie because morons cried about it because it invariably makes things worse.

Example.

Batman vs Superman. Slated for having too much irrelevant crap that didn't actually do anything for the story and made the movie far too long....They listened to the audience and ended up with Justice League where there was virtually no back story for Cyborg or The Flash. It ended up being too short for the story it was supposed to tell because it had been cut to within an inch of its life to fit a timeline of 2 hours because audiences complained BvS was too long. It ended up even WORSE than BvS.

Prometheus. Audiences complained because they tried to take the mythos in a different direction and wasn't like Alien. They just abandoned the story of Shaw and killed her off. Then they killed off the Engineers as well and ended up with an almost entirely unrelated piece of shit that people hated even more than Prometheus. Now they're planning on going in an entirely different direction again.

The Force Awakens. People complained it was just a rehash of A New Hope. They went in a completely different direction for The Last Jedi and people complained that it was too different.

That's what happens when you change the direction of a franchise based on the audiences whining.


__________________


You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 06:36 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
It's pretty simple. If you start a story arc that takes place over 3 movies then you stick to the arc. You don't start changing the story after every movie because morons cried about it because it invariably makes things worse.

Example.

Batman vs Superman. Slated for having too much irrelevant crap that didn't actually do anything for the story and made the movie far too long....They listened to the audience and ended up with Justice League where there was virtually no back story for Cyborg or The Flash. It ended up being too short for the story it was supposed to tell because it had been cut to within an inch of its life to fit a timeline of 2 hours because audiences complained BvS was too long. It ended up even WORSE than BvS.

Prometheus. Audiences complained because they tried to take the mythos in a different direction and wasn't like Alien. They just abandoned the story of Shaw and killed her off. Then they killed off the Engineers as well and ended up with an almost entirely unrelated piece of shit that people hated even more than Prometheus. Now they're planning on going in an entirely different direction again.

The Force Awakens. People complained it was just a rehash of A New Hope. They went in a completely different direction for The Last Jedi and people complained that it was too different.

That's what happens when you change the direction of a franchise based on the audiences whining.


Your whole point is irrational. The movies are MENT for the audiences, therefore its ILLOGICAL for a movie to perform bad if they close their ears on the spectators.

e.g. The Last Jedi which has a TERRIBLE movie score and is being tore appart by the fans.

e.g. The Marvel Cinematic Universe which keeps doing better BECAUSE THEY LISTEN to their audience.

Again, your statement about "listening to audiences is bad" is irrational.


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:03 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Gender: Male
Location: Mega-City One

Also disagree on JL being worse than BvS, but that's another story.


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:07 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Also disagree on JL being worse than BvS, but that's another story.


I disagree too, but audience and many sites have it as worse.


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:47 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: North Philadelphia

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Your whole point is irrational. The movies are MENT for the audiences, therefore its ILLOGICAL for a movie to perform bad if they close their ears on the spectators.

e.g. The Last Jedi which has a TERRIBLE movie score and is being tore appart by the fans.

e.g. The Marvel Cinematic Universe which keeps doing better BECAUSE THEY LISTEN to their audience.

Again, your statement about "listening to audiences is bad" is irrational.


Its completely rational because its exactly what has happened in those examples. The writers and directors changed course based on whiney fan boys moaning and ended up even worse than the previous movies.

Marvel works because they've had a singular vision of where their stories are going....namely the battle with Thanos. The few times it has stuttered in terms of story is where studio executives interfered namely Age of Ultron and GotG 2. The sole example I can think of them paying heed to fanboy whining was Ironman 3 and even then they didn't attempt to correct it by changing later stories. They just moved on.


__________________


You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:53 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Your whole point is irrational. The movies are MENT for the audiences, therefore its ILLOGICAL for a movie to perform bad if they close their ears on the spectators.

e.g. The Last Jedi which has a TERRIBLE movie score and is being tore appart by the fans.

e.g. The Marvel Cinematic Universe which keeps doing better BECAUSE THEY LISTEN to their audience.

Again, your statement about "listening to audiences is bad" is irrational.


*Edit: ...perform good...


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:55 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Its completely rational because its exactly what has happened in those examples. The writers and directors changed course based on whiney fan boys moaning and ended up even worse than the previous movies.

Marvel works because they've had a singular vision of where their stories are going....namely the battle with Thanos. The few times it has stuttered in terms of story is where studio executives interfered namely Age of Ultron and GotG 2. The sole example I can think of them paying heed to fanboy whining was Ironman 3 and even then they didn't attempt to correct it by changing later stories. They just moved on.


Marvel is Top Dog because they listen and know how to satisfy their audiences, therefore your logic is invalid.

Also, those movies were already crap from their foundations!

BvS was ment to failure for the simple fact that MoS was shit and no one knew Batfleck!

WTH? The Force Awakens was overall a great film. So it aint like Awakens debilitated TLJ. TLJ is crap because they decided that the audiences don't matter aka. Luke Skywalker being portrayed as an old punk.

So again, saying that a movie should not listen to their audiences is TOTALLY ILLOGICAL.


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:59 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

Great? Even the guys who like TFA dont go so far as to call it Great.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 08:10 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The End

TFA was Great.


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 08:13 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: North Philadelphia

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Marvel is Top Dog because they listen and know how to satisfy their audiences, therefore your logic is invalid.

Also, those movies were already crap from their foundations!

BvS was ment to failure for the simple fact that MoS was shit and no one knew Batfleck!

WTH? The Force Awakens was overall a great film. So it aint like Awakens debilitated TLJ. TLJ is crap because they decided that the audiences don't matter aka. Luke Skywalker being portrayed as an old punk.

So again, saying that a movie should not listen to their audiences is TOTALLY ILLOGICAL.


What was the biggest criticism of TFA? That it was far too much like ANH. How did they react? Went as far from what was expected as they possibly could and look at the reaction. Now they have to pander to the crybaby brigade.

Give me some examples in Marvel where fan feedback has altered the course of the following movies.

You'd have to go as far back as the tentatively linked Incredible Hulk and again they mostly just ignored it.

Arguably they reacted to the criticism of The Dark World being too....dark...now some people moan that Ragnarok wasn't dark enough. (although it was vastly superior to Dark World)

The problem with trying to appease fan boys is you can never win.

Granted MoS wasn't great but it was still far better than both its follow ups. Look at some of the criticism of it. Every character was far too serious and morose. How did they react? Well they couldn't do a personality u-turn on the established characters and they couldn't make Batman less dark so you ended up with Lex Luthor. How did his portrayal go down with audiences? They also reacted to the same criticism with Suicide Squad. How did that go down with fan boys?


__________________


You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 08:17 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
What was the biggest criticism of TFA? That it was far too much like ANH. How did they react? Went as far from what was expected as they possibly could and look at the reaction. Now they have to pander to the crybaby brigade.

Give me some examples in Marvel where fan feedback has altered the course of the following movies.

You'd have to go as far back as the tentatively linked Incredible Hulk and again they mostly just ignored it.

Arguably they reacted to the criticism of The Dark World being too....dark...now some people moan that Ragnarok wasn't dark enough. (although it was vastly superior to Dark World)

The problem with trying to appease fan boys is you can never win.

Granted MoS wasn't great but it was still far better than both its follow ups. Look at some of the criticism of it. Every character was far too serious and morose. How did they react? Well they couldn't do a personality u-turn on the established characters and they couldn't make Batman less dark so you ended up with Lex Luthor. How did his portrayal go down with audiences? They also reacted to the same criticism with Suicide Squad. How did that go down with fan boys?


Actually Ragnarok is wayyyy better than the Dark World, and reason for that is it's colorful scenarios.

An example? The villain issue MCU was having. Every movie they've been improving their villains. e.g. Ego in GOTG2, Hela in Ragnarok, Vulture in Homecoming, Killmonger in BP.

Ofcourse you can NEVER win, no movie is perfect. But you can improve. And that's what listening to the audience's requests does

TLJ was made for anyone but the audience, that's why it was a mess.


__________________

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 08:54 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
TFA was Great.



it was good, but let's not get carried away


__________________

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 09:15 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 01:29 AM.
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars Episode IX

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.