KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars Episode IX

Star Wars Episode IX
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
TFA was Great.

Nah. It was a GOOD at Best Movie that had a Few Great-ish moments.

Don't over exaggerate.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 09:16 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by jaden101
It's pretty simple. If you start a story arc that takes place over 3 movies then you stick to the arc. You don't start changing the story after every movie because morons cried about it because it invariably makes things worse.

Example.

Batman vs Superman. Slated for having too much irrelevant crap that didn't actually do anything for the story and made the movie far too long....They listened to the audience and ended up with Justice League where there was virtually no back story for Cyborg or The Flash. It ended up being too short for the story it was supposed to tell because it had been cut to within an inch of its life to fit a timeline of 2 hours because audiences complained BvS was too long. It ended up even WORSE than BvS.

Prometheus. Audiences complained because they tried to take the mythos in a different direction and wasn't like Alien. They just abandoned the story of Shaw and killed her off. Then they killed off the Engineers as well and ended up with an almost entirely unrelated piece of shit that people hated even more than Prometheus. Now they're planning on going in an entirely different direction again.

The Force Awakens. People complained it was just a rehash of A New Hope. They went in a completely different direction for The Last Jedi and people complained that it was too different.

That's what happens when you change the direction of a franchise based on the audiences whining.

Audiences complained & whined AFTER these movies were released.
Yes, they weren't happy with the end products but you're using Hindsight Logic i.e: criticisms made after the finished product was shown.

The biggest dilemma was JL & Prometheus was studio interference on an executive level...more worried about box office returns than audience satisfaction.

JL suffered because an executive producer wanted his bonus & feared he'd lose it if JL wasn't delivered by its planned released date.
Cyborg & The Flash did have back stories but they were sacrificed by sloppy & rushed editing.

Prometheus tanked because once again the clash between studio execs wanting an Alien franchise & Ridley wanting to break away & tell his own story.

The Force Awakens HAD to be a rehash whether we liked it or not.
It was the official start of a franchise under new leadership(Disney).
It was simply a movie whose story had to farewell old iconic characters to introduce the new.

Audience & fan complaints are always made after the viewing, they don't have much sway in the production, plot & editing.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 09:52 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Actually Ragnarok is wayyyy better than the Dark World, and reason for that is it's colorful scenarios.

An example? The villain issue MCU was having. Every movie they've been improving their villains. e.g. Ego in GOTG2, Hela in Ragnarok, Vulture in Homecoming, Killmonger in BP.

Ofcourse you can NEVER win, no movie is perfect. But you can improve. And that's what listening to the audience's requests does

TLJ was made for anyone but the audience, that's why it was a mess.

I liked Hela but Ego and Vulture, while better developed than Killian, Whiplash and Malekith were still poor. I even preferred Ultron and Zemo was better than all of them. Let's also not forget how bad Cross was in Ant man. Red Skull was also dreadful but then The First Avenger is best forgotten about anyway. As was Ronan. Their best bad guys haven't even been bad guys. Loki and The Winter Soldier.

I'm in a minority in that I think both SW main sequels have been OK but not great. I was more annoyed at how they sidelined Finn than what they did with Luke in TLJ. I also didn't care for any of the new characters who were so bad I can't even remember their names. Let's just call them The women who crashed their ships. And what they did to Phasma after bigging her up in the trailers for TFA was a total waste. Rogue One also had the biggest bunch of miserable bastards. You know the characters are shit when the only one you cared about dying was the robot.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 09:54 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

I liked Hela but Ego and Vulture, while better developed than Killian, Whiplash and Malekith were still poor. I even preferred Ultron and Zemo was better than all of them. Let's also not forget how bad Cross was in Ant man. Red Skull was also dreadful but then The First Avenger is best forgotten about anyway. As was Ronan. Their best bad guys haven't even been bad guys. Loki and The Winter Soldier.

I'm in a minority in that I think both SW main sequels have been OK but not great. I was more annoyed at how they sidelined Finn than what they did with Luke in TLJ. I also didn't care for any of the new characters who were so bad I can't even remember their names. Let's just call them The women who crashed their ships. And what they did to Phasma after bigging her up in the trailers for TFA was a total waste. Rogue One also had the biggest bunch of miserable bastards. You know the characters are shit when the only one you cared about dying was the robot.

Still poor but better develop. Which means Marvel is really trying to fix their issues and not turning def ears to their audiences.

That's what happens when fans have high expectations for a movie....good...good is as comparable as bad.

Am a SW fan, and what they did with Luke is a DISGRACE.

I would understand if you are not as fanatic when regards to SW. The movie was okay. Yeah.

I was expecting more and was disappointed in that. The movie was good, yet it doesn't mean it didn't disappoint.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 10:52 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

Everyone knows you are 1st place in that Quanchi laughing out loud
You are an idiot who believes films should just pander to the fans despite multiple factions wanting multiple things thus realizing you can't please everyone you dumb shit. You create your vision and factor in what's best for the story. You deviate too much and you end up with the disjointed dceu.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:02 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

Your whole point is irrational. The movies are MENT for the audiences, therefore its ILLOGICAL for a movie to perform bad if they close their ears on the spectators.

e.g. The Last Jedi which has a TERRIBLE movie score and is being tore appart by the fans.

e.g. The Marvel Cinematic Universe which keeps doing better BECAUSE THEY LISTEN to their audience.

Again, your statement about "listening to audiences is bad" is irrational.
This is why you are too retarded to have any sort of discussion with. You just don't get anything other than what your mini brain thinks.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:06 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still poor but better develop. Which means Marvel is really trying to fix their issues and not turning def ears to their audiences.

That's what happens when fans have high expectations for a movie....good...good is as comparable as bad.

Am a SW fan, and what they did with Luke is a DISGRACE.

I would understand if you are not as fanatic when regards to SW. The movie was okay. Yeah.

I was expecting more and was disappointed in that. The movie was good, yet it doesn't mean it didn't disappoint.

I understand how people who invested a lot of time in how Luke's character developed especially in the EU could be disappointed in how they played him out. There was a lot they could've incorporated from the books that they didnít that I would've liked to see although admittedly I've only read the Thrawn Trilogy. I would've liked to have seen Kyle Katarn as an example although I think they paid him minor homage in Rogue One with Cassian's appearance and Jyn Urso was obviously a nod to Jan Ors.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:24 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Originally posted by quanchi112
You are an idiot who believes films should just pander to the fans despite multiple factions wanting multiple things thus realizing you can't please everyone you dumb shit. You create your vision and factor in what's best for the story. You deviate too much and you end up with the disjointed dceu.

Blah Blah Blah! Some thing else Quan?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:30 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

This is why you are too retarded to have any sort of discussion with. You just don't get anything other than what your mini brain thinks.

More Blah Blah!????? Quan! You would make a nice party entertainment.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:31 PM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Might as well get this party started..

Also J.J. isn;t going to let the dummy crybabies that badmouthed Last Jedi impact Episode 9..

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/...brams-backlash/

This is disappointing. There were legit criticisms to be had, but they got lost in a sea of stupid bullshit. So because of that, JJ will ignore the legit criticisms.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:31 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

I understand how people who invested a lot of time in how Luke's character developed especially in the EU could be disappointed in how they played him out. There was a lot they could've incorporated from the books that they didnít that I would've liked to see although admittedly I've only read the Thrawn Trilogy. I would've liked to have seen Kyle Katarn as an example although I think they paid him minor homage in Rogue One with Cassian's appearance and Jyn Urso was obviously a nod to Jan Ors.

Yeah. Well that's why! A movie can't just come and create a big fan group and they just decide they don't care for the fans!

I mean, if they don't care for their Audience why make a movie in the first place?

I do hope for Han Solo to be good. And i do hope Ep 9 is better than TLJ. Else well...SW might end up losing fans.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:32 PM
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Originally posted by Surtur
This is disappointing. There were legit criticisms to be had, but they got lost in a sea of stupid bullshit. So because of that, JJ will ignore the legit criticisms.

Let him run the movie as **** as he wants. One thing is for sure, if Ep 9 ends up being as disappointing as TLJ, SW will fall in a hole as deep as DCEU.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:34 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah. Well that's why! A movie can't just come and create a big fan group and they just decide they don't care for the fans!

I mean, if they don't care for their Audience why make a movie in the first place?

I do hope for Han Solo to be good. And i do hope Ep 9 is better than TLJ. Else well...SW might end up losing fans.

I guess that's what it comes down to. Either they could follow at least 1 thread of the EU but what happens to fans who preferred a different route. The canon of the EU was all over the place. You'd never incorporate it all and doing so would have resulted in a Trilogy of 5 hour incoherent messes.

That being said, they could've kept the essence of Luke's character arc.

As for how it will go. I don't think Luke is even dead. I don't think they mentioned him cutting himself off from the force and then having Rey and Leia feeling him disconnecting from the force after he 'dies'

As for Solo. I think it'll end up a less enjoyable Firefly/Serenity.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:42 PM
playa1258
Destiny Still Arrives

Watch JJ double down on all the criticism.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:53 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

Blah Blah Blah! Some thing else Quan?
You can't counter any of it because you're too stupid. concession accepted, fatboy.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 12:14 AM
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

More Blah Blah!????? Quan! You would make a nice party entertainment.
Quit being creepy and stick to the topic.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 12:14 AM
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

I guess that's what it comes down to. Either they could follow at least 1 thread of the EU but what happens to fans who preferred a different route. The canon of the EU was all over the place. You'd never incorporate it all and doing so would have resulted in a Trilogy of 5 hour incoherent messes.

That being said, they could've kept the essence of Luke's character arc.

As for how it will go. I don't think Luke is even dead. I don't think they mentioned him cutting himself off from the force and then having Rey and Leia feeling him disconnecting from the force after he 'dies'

As for Solo. I think it'll end up a less enjoyable Firefly/Serenity.

Well i don't think Luke can pull out some sort of Goku's Ultra Instinct and reincorporate himself.

I doubt it happens.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 12:15 AM
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

Let him run the movie as **** as he wants. One thing is for sure, if Ep 9 ends up being as disappointing as TLJ, SW will fall in a hole as deep as DCEU.
lets bet on it. The film grossed 1.3 billion and beat every single film out. If you think Star Wars is going to die bet on it, cuck. Quit eating kit kats and actually bet on it.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 12:16 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well i don't think Luke can pull out some sort of Goku's Ultra Instinct and reincorporate himself.

I doubt it happens.

You never know. If they react to fanboy backlash. Besides it not like they haven't already introduced hilariously bad force abilities in the last movie. 😂

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 12:17 AM
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

lets bet on it. The film grossed 1.3 billion and beat every single film out. If you think Star Wars is going to die bet on it, cuck. Quit eating kit kats and actually bet on it.

Money doesn't equal a good movie you PUNK!

Go inform yourself kiddo.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 01:14 AM