KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Thanos IG vs Jiren

Thanos IG vs Jiren
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Any being who truly surpassed time wouldn't be confined to something as crude as a "time limit." That comment was pure hyperbole. That said, Beerus seems to be immune to Arale's reality warping haxx, so there's that.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 04:02 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheBadguy
I choked on my water with a hint of lime lmfao
Nice, I was hoping someone would catch that. Quite proud of it tbh

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 04:32 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Any being who truly surpassed time wouldn't be confined to something as crude as a "time limit." That comment was pure hyperbole. That said, Beerus seems to be immune to Arale's reality warping haxx, so there's that.

It's not like Jiren was unaffected. Goku "surpassed" it, too, but it still slowed him up.

Hits effects are pretty weak against big guns like the Worlogog, Time Trapper, or Extant, which the Time Gem compares to.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 12:53 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

No getting around this. Jiren was placed in time stop and not even using a fraction of his power, he exceeded it.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:04 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Galan007
It should be noted that Jiren only overpowered *Hit's* control over time(Goku has done the same, btw.) That certainly doesn't give Jiren blanket immunity to any/all temporal attacks across the board, though... Enough with the no-limits fallacies, ffs.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

God Emperor Doom being able to overpower the IG is irrelevant...nobody said the IG can’t be outclassed in terms of power. Regardless, it’s not like God Doom doesn’t have haxx, (hell, his haxx probably exceeds that of the IG,) and even the likes of Zen-Oh are microbial compared to the power/haxx of someone like God Doom, whose repository of power was that of the entire Beyonder Race, lol.

This comparison between Jiren shaking a single infinite dimension and Thanos unleashing a blast that rips through the entire infinite multiverse, and even reaches the Beyond Realm (which makes the entire infinite marvel multiverse appear MICROSCOPIC) is also pretty silly imo. Thanos’ feat here is clearly vastly more impressive.

And again, the idea that the classic IG (which I’m assuming is what this thread is referring to) only works in 616 is also pretty unfounded, given that Thanos can affect all of reality with it, and Warlock uses the IG in the LT’s realm to bitchsmack the cosmic assembly.

Thanos can easily overpower Jiren in raw power, and obviously outclasses Jiren in haxx. Jiren dies in a fraction of a second.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 04:58 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Galan007
Wow... So you're essentially saying that because God Emperor Doom was able to defeat an IG-wielder, Jiren would be able to as well..? Lol, okie dokie. smile

...Clearly this 'debate' will go absolutely nowhere, so lets just quite while we're ahead, eh? wink

I'm using that example simply to prove that the Infinity gauntlet is not all-powerful, or even as close to it as you're asserting.

Classic IG would definitely shit on Jiren, but since it has been established to be only universal, it is shown to have a very finite amount of power.

I've explained to you multiple times- I'm not saying Jiren can overpower any time manipulation, just because he overpowered Hit's. I'm saying that Hit is someone who is readily able to operate on a universal+ level, and Jiren overpowered his time manipulation with no effort, while suppressed.

It is one of the more obscure abilities of the DBS verse to nullify or simply ignore hax, by being stronger than the one implementing it.

I already admitted that Jiren would obviously be transmuted into a pickle or some shit, if this doesn't apply. My POINT is that we saw how that worked for Buuhan, against Vegetto. The DBS characters are able to simply overpower or ignore hax, and my ONLY argument here is that Jiren MIGHT be able to do the same to the gauntlet.

Hell, I don't think I ever even expressly dubbed Jiren the victor here. ALL I'm saying is that Jiren might be able to tank/ignore the abilities of the gauntlet, by having power of a similar, if not superior, scope. We've already agreed that the depth is completely overwhelming in favor of the IG, I'm simply saying that Jiren operates on a similar, if not superior, scope- and could thusly potentially be capable of nullifying/ignoring the abilities of the gauntlet. That's all I'm saying.

Also, I only brought up the Doom example to support my initial assertion- I'm in no way saying Jiren = Doom, or whatever. EG Doom would do to Jiren, what he did to Thanos. I realize that, and accept it as truth, lol. EG Doom, however, is also FAR superior to any IG wielder. IIRC, he's even above the Living Tribunal.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:31 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Galan doesn't accept your apology and he'll allow you one retry to correct your wrongs.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:36 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Galan doesn't accept your apology and he'll allow you one retry to correct your wrongs.

Do I know you?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:41 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Do I know you?
You don't need to know me. I'm in the Galan business, and he is not pleased with what you're writing. That is what you need to know.

Edit: He just sent me a countdown

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:46 AM
SSJGGogeta

You don't need to know me. I'm in the Galan business, and he is not pleased with what you're writing. That is what you need to know.

Edit: He just sent me a countdown

If Galan wants to reply to me, he's more than welcome to.

I don't deal with errand boys.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:13 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
If Galan wants to reply to me, he's more than welcome to.

I don't deal with errand boys.
He said he's about 75% done with your retort. He showed me what he said was 25%... I wouldn't want to be in your shoes tbh.

You can pick on me all you want, but just know your actions are the cause of the doom you're bringing on yourself. He didn't add 007 to his name because he thought it sounded super cool when he made his account. He lives it.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:35 AM
SSJGGogeta

He said he's about 75% done with your retort. He showed me what he said was 25%... I wouldn't want to be in your shoes tbh.

You can pick on me all you want, but just know your actions are the cause of the doom you're bringing on yourself. He didn't add 007 to his name because he thought it sounded super cool when he made his account. He lives it.

Why don't you propose already?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:44 AM