KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Whose the best MCU villain? Loki or Killmonger?

Whose the best MCU villain? Loki or Killmonger?
Started by: Josh_Alexander

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
John Murdoch

Haven't seen Jessica Jones >gasp<, so I can't comment on David Tennant as Purple Man.

- Wilson Fisk
- Killmonger
- Loki
- Ego
- Red Skull
- Alexander Pierce

Fisk is top dog if TV is counted (as Pr mentioned firstly above), Killmonger or Loki if movies only.

EDIT: Removed a sentence.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:01 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Haven't seen Jessica Jones >gasp<, so I can't comment on David Tennant as Purple Man.

- Wilson Fisk
- Killmonger
- Loki
- Ego
- Red Skull
- Alexander Pierce

Fisk is top dog if TV is counted (as Pr mentioned firstly above), Killmonger or Loki if movies only.

Yeah Fisk is a great one.

However the issue is that TV series villains got more time on screen to expose themselves and therefore tend to build a wider connection with the audiences than Movie villains.

But yeah, I agree, Fisk is a top dog.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:05 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
Ready to Snap!

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Like Who?

Those 2 in the thread title are some of the top ones in the MCU but they have had other good ones as well.

Obadiah Stane
Armin Zola
Red Skull
Alexander Pierce
Winter Soldier
Klaue
Hela
Ego
Crossbones
Vulture
Blonsky/Abomination
General Ross
Grandmaster

Zemo- Most think he wasnt that great but IMO, he is probably the only MCU villain that won and he also dint die in the end.

The Netflix shows and Agents of Shield/Agent Carter have a list of good villains as well.

Killgrave
Fisk
Cottonmouth
Black Mariah
Madame Gao
Grant Ward
Shades
Dottie Underwood
John Garrett
Nobu
The Meachums
Billy Russo

Just to name some of the top ones.

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 19th, 2018 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:30 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by John Murdoch

- Wilson Fisk
- Killmonger
- Loki
- Ego
- Red Skull
- Alexander Pierce

That show is almost worth watching just for his performance IMO. Very few MCU villains have been as flat-out terrifying as Purple Man. A guy who can make others do whatever he wants, and he has zero moral checks when it comes to acting on his impulses. IIRC, he made someone slit their own throat pretty much for interrupting and annoying him.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:38 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

HYDRA/Pierce/WS in The Winter Soldier.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:39 PM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Inhuman
Billy Russo

This is an underrated one IMO. I thought his performance in The Punisher s1 was great. Him, Frank and Micro were the standouts for me in that show.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:41 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Those 2 in the thread title are some of the top ones in the MCU but they have had other good ones as well.

Obadiah Stane
Armin Zola
Red Skull
Alexander Pierce
Winter Soldier
Klaue
Hela
Ego
Crossbones
Vulture
Blonsky/Abomination
General Ross
Grandmaster

Zemo- Most think he wasnt that great but IMO, he is probably the only MCU villain that won and he also dint die in the end.

The Netflix shows and Agents of Shield/Agent Carter have a list of good villains as well.

Killgrave
Fisk
Cottonmouth
Black Mariah
Madame Gao
Grant Ward
Shades
Dottie Underwood
John Garrett
Nobu
The Meachums
Billy Russo

Just to name some of the top ones.

yeah Stane was good. Pierce too.

I feel like they could have done better with Red Skull. Perhaps we see him again in Infinity War.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:42 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Oh, and while he isn't normally a villain, Hydra-Fitz made a pretty good one on the previous season of AoS.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:48 PM
Kazenji

Never really understood people's hate him him

guess his plans all coming together and actually working was too perfect for most folks.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 01:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Re: Whose the best MCU villain? Loki or Killmonger?

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
It's no surprise that Killmonger is consider one of the best MCU villains, and is even being compared to Loki.

Now, what do you think? How does Killmonger compares and contrasts with Loki? Who is the best villain? In which position does Killmonger fall?

Let me hear your opinions.

You know, I gotta admit, I like Killmonger more than Loki...

Loki looked very weak in Ragnarok; very weak...

True, he isn't and never should be portrayed as Thor's equal, but [email protected], he was just pathetic in Ragnarok...

He has been reduced to someone that is sneaky, cant be trusted, and isn't really that powerful; the first 2 should always be true, but the 3rd shouldn't be...

Loki shouldn't be punked anywhere near as easily as he has been lately...

Killmonger, on the other hand, actually defeated Black Panther in a straight up, fair, fight; he looked dangerous, he acted dangerous, and had a presence about him...

Loki is missing the "presence" factor at current...

I like Killmongers motivations for being Evil more than Loki's as well...

Loki comes off as a spoiled, jealous, brat...

Killmonger comes off as being evil due to the death of his father at a young age, and all the hardships life has thrown at him...

Bottomline...

Killmonger 1...Loki 0.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:12 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

Thanos

/thread

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:15 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos

/thread

You know, I'd agree with you if he'd done something significant at this point, but he hasn't...

I have no doubt that that will change in May, but at Current, I'd pick Dormammu over any of the other villains we've seen thus far...

Dormmamu has actually killed a major hero (and many, many, times at that)...

Dormmamu is the most powerful villain we've seen so far (IMHO)...

Dormmamu is the single greatest thread the MCU has seen that has actually done something...

That will change in May, but at Current, Dormmamu wins...

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Feb 20th, 2018 at 03:24 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:21 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

theres no shortage of good villains in the MCU; Red Skull, Iron Monger, Killmonger, Loki, Vulture, General Ross, Kingpin, Killgrave and Hela are all fantastic, unfortunately theres a lot of shit in there also like Ronan, Ego, Malekith, THAT list goes on and on

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:34 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by relentless1
theres no shortage of good villains in the MCU; Red Skull, Iron Monger, Killmonger, Loki, Vulture, General Ross, Kingpin, Killgrave and Hela are all fantastic, unfortunately theres a lot of shit in there also like Ronan, Ego, Malekith, THAT list goes on and on

Thats pretty fair.
Its a testament to how good the MCU movies -are- that i fail to notice the less than awesome villains until much later.

you’ll never see me coming . . .

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

unfortunately theres a lot of shit in there also like Ronan, Ego, Malekith, THAT list goes on and on

Ego's not shit compared to those other two.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 04:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Kazenji
Ego's not shit compared to those other two.

theres no levels of shit, like who's less shitty or more, theres just good or bad and Ego falls into the bad section for me; even Kurt Russell couldn't make Ego work

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 06:11 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^He tried.
But yeah, he falls into 'meh' territory for me, too.

you’ll never see me coming . . .

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Each to their own i guess

i felt Kurt Russell did a good job in his role.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:56 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 12:51 PM
Darth Thor

Villains arent just about - Hey look how bad ass I am -

Ego worked well because he was Star Lords Father. So you feel it from his perspective.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:20 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Living Tribunal

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
You know, I'd agree with you if he'd done something significant at this point, but he hasn't...

I have no doubt that that will change in May, but at Current, I'd pick Dormammu over any of the other villains we've seen thus far...

Dormmamu has actually killed a major hero (and many, many, times at that)...

Dormmamu is the most powerful villain we've seen so far (IMHO)...

Dormmamu is the single greatest thread the MCU has seen that has actually done something...

That will change in May, but at Current, Dormmamu wins...

Yeah Dormammu still holds 1st place in termps of power.

EGO!? Ego was good.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:41 PM