KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darkseid vs Odin

Darkseid vs Odin
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
True. I'm just stating the possibilities though, more the nature of the occurence.
I do think he used tech though, but I don't think it matters when speaking of his power.

He does kind of start out like a ***** though. It took him that long to get to above Odin level when he already absorbed the omega force to begin his conquest. Then again, Bryne.
thumb up

It's inconsistency, and making a plot point just for the sake of it. Byrne kind of clusterfu cked that whole Gods history. I mean, Izaya being a constant 'peer' throughout Darkseid's existence, more or less, makes his accumulation of power seem out of place. The same Izaya who is, imo, at least a peer to the likes of Odin/Zeus. Then there was that shit about merging different version of Ares(es) and stuff...ugh.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 04:40 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Philosophía
thumb up

It's inconsistency, and making a plot point just for the sake of it. Byrne kind of clusterfu cked that whole Gods history. I mean, Izaya being a constant 'peer' throughout Darkseid's existence, more or less, makes his accumulation of power seem out of place. The same Izaya who is, imo, at least a peer to the likes of Odin/Zeus. Then there was that shit about merging different version of Ares(es) and stuff...ugh.
thumb up

Genesis...

Bryne did a lot of good things, but he completely flopped on a lot. Look at how the thing we're talking ended. Darkseid is accumulating power to kill all the Gods, naturally there's going to be some sort of big battle right?
Same with the bomb that was going to destroy the universe right before Genesis. I don't even remember if that was tackled in Orion's solo series since it's been years, but it definitely wasn't covered well in 4th World. The threat beforehand was though.
The way he fused Apok/New Genesis though was hilarious. And then it references that issue throughout like he made it crystal clear. That sort of thing requires a little more emphasis while doing it than he did.

Very "jumpy" if you will.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 04:53 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by One Big Mob
No. I just like talking about things in fullness, and figured you'd like to bounce back and forth feats to discuss Odin's/God power which proxies Darkseid's. Everyone in that story solo was implied to be below Darkseid, here's what they did, etc.

If not that's fine too.

Is that any different than what you do?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 05:03 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by abhilegend
Is that any different than what you do?
... I don't think we're having the same conversation, forget I said anything.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 06:29 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Fight me OBM!!!! My fingers are ready at the keyboard

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 07:14 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by -K-M-
Fight me OBM!!!! My fingers are ready at the keyboard
I don't have any time for Trudeau supporting hosers when I'm on my quest to destroy Darkseid's rep.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 08:29 PM
-K-M-

Trudeau is a dink. For a Canadian to say that about another Canadian is grounds for treason

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 08:57 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Yeah I went too far but you were ready with your sausage fingers and I had to lash out first to try and scare you off.

Cross province penis five to make up?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 09:06 PM
-K-M-

Leave my sausage fingers alone sad

Heh! If I had a nickel every time someone asked me that.....this would be my first nickel

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:22 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

OBM vs. Abhil is like a farmer vs. an intruding Indigenous teenager. Just make up and grab a coffee at your local timmies.

What about the Odin who loses to young Thor or gets punched around by Jane?

When did Odin lose to a younger Thor?

Odin looked less impressive than he generally is against other heralds (I.e. one-shotting them without even acknowledging their presence) but the big revelation is the Mother Storm which adds context. Getting hit by an all-out Thor packing a charged Mjolnir, has rocked beings of various caliber over the years. Also, your statement implies Odin was losing.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 02:17 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

When did Odin lose to a younger Thor?

Breaking into comics marvel way 2.
quote:

Odin looked less impressive than he generally is against other heralds (I.e. one-shotting them without even acknowledging their presence) but the big revelation is the Mother Storm which adds context. Getting hit by an all-out Thor packing a charged Mjolnir, has rocked beings of various caliber over the years. Also, your statement implies Odin was losing.

Odin does not has average of oneshotting heralds without acknowledging their presence though. Even Stan Lee Odin couldn't ko Thor with five consecutive blasts.

And there was no indication Jane was amped against Odin. Thorbags have repeatedly tried to use it as if it's written there.

Jane was rocking Odin with just punches though.

Yes, he was losing.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:15 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

OBM vs. Abhil is like a farmer vs. an intruding Indigenous teenager. Just make up and grab a coffee at your local timmies.
Abhi's a fighter not a lover. No matter how much I want to just hold his hand, he will always see me as the injun in the backseat.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:33 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Breaking into comics marvel way 2.

Odin does not has average of oneshotting heralds without acknowledging their presence though. Even Stan Lee Odin couldn't ko Thor with five consecutive blasts.

And there was no indication Jane was amped against Odin. Thorbags have repeatedly tried to use it as if it's written there.

Jane was rocking Odin with just punches though.

Yes, he was losing.

...Odin shape shifted into a barbarian ogre with four times Thor's strength. How is this evidence of Thor being able to beat Odin?

Also, this is hilarious. You have attempted to dismiss this is evidence. Now that you are lowballing Odin, it now counts? Wtf?

Stan Lee's Odin was on a completely different level from Thor and could have eliminated him from existence with a wave if pressed. Thor still breathing after consecutive blasts from someone who could wipe out Galaxies isn't a low showing on Odin, it's a high showing for Thor.

Lol, you are full on crazy.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:29 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

There are no high showings for Thor, only low showings for every other character.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:40 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

...Odin shape shifted into a barbarian ogre with four times Thor's strength. How is this evidence of Thor being able to beat Odin?

Because even then Thor beats Odin to a bloody pulp. And it was one rumor that he was four times stronger.

Thor beats him down.
quote:

Also, this is hilarious. You have attempted to dismiss this is evidence. Now that you are lowballing Odin, it now counts? Wtf?

You informed that it's canon, isn't it?
quote:

Stan Lee's Odin was on a completely different level from Thor and could have eliminated him from existence with a wave if pressed. Thor still breathing after consecutive blasts from someone who could wipe out Galaxies isn't a low showing on Odin, it's a high showing for Thor.

Of course, Odin could wipe out Thor anytime he wanted. Except he didn't and Thor even defeated Galactus under Lee who was equal to Odin.

And Odin didn't destroy galaxies. It was standard Stan Lee hyperbole. Only planets were hidden from view and later it was restricted to planets getting ripped apart.

It's like everything is high showing for Thor and Odin. "See Thor is so powerful he took blasts from Odin. See Odin is so powerful he attacked Thor."

It only works for Thor and Odin.
quote:

Lol, you are full on crazy.

Right. Do tell us more how Odin could wipe Thor anytime when he couldn't ko Thor after several blasts intending to kill him.

Last edited by abhilegend on Feb 21st, 2018 at 07:40 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 07:36 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by krisblaze
There are no high showings for Thor, only low showings for every other character.

It's the double standards. Odin fails to ko Thor and gets beaten by Thor. "Look how powerful Thor is".

Darkseid has way better showings against Superman than Odin does against Thor but it's a low showing for Darkseid everytime he gets fought by Superman.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 07:39 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:14 PM
xJLxKing

Clearly that’s bad writing and likely a low feat under one writer

I really think people will need wait and see how Jane deals with Mangog. If she loses, it shouldn’t be considered a bad showing for Thor or Odin. However, if she proceed to beat him, which is most likely the case, it’s a horrible feat for Odin

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:23 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's already a horrible showing for Odin. He hurts Mangog only with a spear which Odinson, Freyja and Heimdall all did. He is no more effective than any of them.

It's like Aaron read all the excuses Rage could throw for Odin and thought how can I shit on his soul.

This is how.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

She'll either beat Mangog, or do WAY better against him than anyone else. After all, transforming into Thor this last time WILL kill Jane -- that much was made explicitly clear. Marvel will undoubtedly give her one last tremendous showing as a send-off if nothing else... Especially considering that she's a female character, and Marvel is going for bonafide matriarchy-status these days.

...Not unlike Supergirl 'nearly killing' the friggin Anti-Monitor in her death issue. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 05:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote