KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is an election legitimate if it has been tampered with by a foreign power?

Is an election legitimate if it has been tampered with by a foreign power?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is an election legitimate if it has been tampered with by a foreign power?

I see no President Pence for long in America's future.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:24 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm pretty certain every country is trying to interfere in every other country's elections anyway.

Well those that have elections anyway.

Like when no one liked the fact that after ousting Mubarak in Egypt, those dumb Egyptians only went and freely elected the Muslim Brotherhood so they had to have ANOTHER election so they would elect the government that the US, Britain and France wanted them to have.

Or when the Irish, French and Dutch voted not to ratify the E.U constitution and so they had to have ANOTHER vote later on and do what they were told by Germany.

Or when Afghanistan and Iraq had to vote who they were told to vote for so that they'd have a government that would take it right up the arse from their "liberators".

It's worked so well over the years and created such bastions of peace and democracy as Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Liberia, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Panama, Nicaragua, Syria, Lebanon, Bosnia, Serbia Israel and Palestine

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 06:00 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tbh, Jaden the Arab spring was to destabilise the region. I believe over the African Gold based currency an to let radical Islam present and enemy. But I don't disagree with anything you say.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:28 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If we were to INVALIDATE Elections due to Outside Nation Tamperings....Then We would probably have to INVALIDATE All Elections in the History of Elections. Except for the first few when it would have been a case of "They are having an Elections.....What is an Election?"

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 08:38 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

of course the election would not be legitimate. president paul ryan?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 09:36 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Were all the elecitons this country has tampered with legitimate?

Oh, and what about the dictators we installed in other countries? You remember the monk who set himself on fire during the Vietnam War in protest? Guess whose brutal policies he did that in protest of?

Spoiler alert: a dictator we put in power.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 10:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Is an election legitimate if it has been tampered with by a foreign power?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I see no President Pence for long in America's future.

Barring direct tampering with the voting system, why wouldn't it be?

Otherwise, we'd need to think about outlawing marketing, internal politics, and everything else that influences the general publics decision making by hook or by crook.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 11:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think when it turns out a large amount of the campaign involved collusion with a foreign power and perhaps the presidential candidate was compromised by said power (if it turns out he is, the ramifications will run on and on), I think the whole election may be found illegitimate.

I also see a huge voter backlash.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 12:31 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Collusion is something else.

The Op asked about tampering. That can cover things like spreading propaganda on social media, trying to influence voters independently, and all kinds of shenanigans.

All of which is as legal as what passes for "marketing" these days..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 01:38 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yep. Trump is the one that COLLUDES with Russia....Oh WAIT!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 06:55 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

My prediction is either the money trail

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...m=.59f17f741899

or the Miss Universe Pageant "honey trap" rumours where lead to collusion or that he is completely compromised and potentially lead back to his campaign.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 09:38 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Schiff says proof of collusion may be coming. We'll see.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:55 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think when it turns out a large amount of the campaign involved collusion with a foreign power and perhaps the presidential candidate was compromised by said power (if it turns out he is, the ramifications will run on and on), I think the whole election may be found illegitimate.

I also see a huge voter backlash.

And are the elections we interfered with legitimate?

My prediction is either the money trail

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...m=.59f17f741899

or the Miss Universe Pageant "honey trap" rumours where lead to collusion or that he is completely compromised and potentially lead back to his campaign.

My prediction is you aren't very bright.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 01:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotXYZsock
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apparently Russian businessmen sent ads on facebook which were branded as "fake news" and that made people vote for Trump, which was obviously wrong and stupid (even though Hillary won the popular vote) so yes, the election was illegitimate.

Are you really that stupid? no expression

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:45 PM
NotXYZsock is currently offline Click here to Send NotXYZsock a Private Message Find more posts by NotXYZsock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hillary won the popular vote, but somehow Russians influenced the electionlaughing out loud

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:47 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by NotXYZsock
Apparently Russian businessmen sent ads on facebook which were branded as "fake news" and that made people vote for Trump, which was obviously wrong and stupid (even though Hillary won the popular vote) so yes, the election was illegitimate.

Are you really that stupid? no expression

^^ child predator

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

So much collusion:

More Mueller Collusion

Everyone shoulda gone with Gary Johnson.

snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
So much collusion:

More Mueller Collusion

Everyone shoulda gone with Gary Johnson.

So far the only person who hasn't colluded with Russia is Trump.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:49 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Russia did shit like this:

(please log in to view the image)

Damn them all to hell.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 04:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 04:50 PM