KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Black Panther & Killmonger vs Thor

Black Panther & Killmonger vs Thor
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor stomps?

In Thor Ragnarok, Hela was turning him into a pincushion and he kept on trucking. Even Loki stabbing him with his daggers or gungnir didn't stop him. He has crazy resistance to damage. His blunt/energy force damage is arguably the best in the current Movie Universe.

They are incapable of putting him down. He on the other hand, can one-shot them...

Irrelevant comment as this pertains to a PRE RAGNAROK Thor.

I remember Thor grumping on the Stark Tower after Loki stabb him. The Panthers wont stabb him once!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 12:50 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
No i dont.

Vibranium is the strongest metal in the MCU, and Loki's knifes can penetrate Thor.

Yes, you do.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 12:53 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Inhuman
Let me simplify it for you.

Thor was in the middle of the blast that reduced Sokovia to rubble.
Thor was not killed by this, just KO'ed for a bit. Sokovia was reduced to rubble by the blast.
In order for a blast to reduce a piece of land the size a city or larger, a nuke wont be enough.
Look at nuclear bomb destruction in the past detonations. Hiroshima, Nagasaki were leveled on the surface. Most buildings, houses, structures were destroyed and burned. Other than that the land was ok besides radiation.
Look at detonations by more powerful nukes on small islands on the pacific. The island didnt disappear from the face of the earth. It wasn't in chunks on the bottom of the ocean after the blast. The island is still there, besides the surface being gone and radiation all around.
In the Sokovia blast , Sokovia was gone not just the surface. Sokovia was peices of rocks now.

You seen those documentaries on the Discovery channel or Nat Geo about how to deal with city sized asteroids right?
Even if we drill into the asteroid and put in a nuke inside , the asteroid wont blow up to rubble. It will break up into 3-5 medium sized pieces instead of the huge city sized asteroid. The asteroid wont be blown into pieces of rocks with just a nuke.

So the blast that reduced Sokovia to rubble had to be more powerful that a standard nuke. And Thor was right in the middle of the blast.

Get it or are you still confused?

I never said Thor was stronger than the Hulk. Thor is still strong, probably in the same ball park. Even if he is not as strong he is strong enough to rock Hulk with his punches.

Also what does this being Pre-Ragnarok Thor have to do with this? You think Thor is a regular dude if he isnt in lightning god of thunder Thor mode? Or if he has no hammer he is weak?
Pre- Ragnarok Thor survived the blast I noted no problem. Also fought Hulk in the hellcarrier no hammer and was affecting Hulk with his punches and kicks.

The Panthers have no chance of winning. The most they will do is scratch up Thor. This is even if Vibranium cuts Thor at all.
And if they get close enough to scratch Thor they will the punched to death, Tossed, break their necks with a choke hold, or rag-dolled like Hulk did Loki.

I knew thats what you'd say.

And clearly, you are misunderstanding the whole scene.

1. Thor is the God of Thunder: Would you mind pay attention what destroyed the city? Wasnt it Thor's own lightning?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mf6hAatHQi0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8fuqhGS-qc

Both in the Empire States and in Asgard Thor received powerful blasts from lightning with 0 damage. But again, those are his attacks and his power.

2. Mjolnir works as an Energy shield: You do realize that Mjolnir actually protects Thor from Energy blasts right?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Z8kMXRpSI

Min 3:29:

Thor clearly repels Energy blasts with his hammer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_rv1EZ3rv0

Min 1:10:

Mjolnir clearly blocked Surtur's attack.

Now, what was Thor holding between him and the explosion of Sokovia?

Thor isnt immune to energy attacks. Thor has a high resistance but enough energy should do with him.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 02:37 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
Yes, you do.

Trolling wont aid you Silent. Vib is the strongest metal whilst Loki's knife arent Vib.

Vib would slice through.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 02:38 PM
Silent Master

Loki's knives are magical.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 02:41 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Loki's knives are magical.

Magical yet physical manifestations. Isn't like they are energy projections.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 02:46 PM
Silent Master

Magic knives.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 02:52 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

No i dont.

Vibranium is the strongest metal in the MCU, and Loki's knifes can penetrate Thor.

You do realize that kilmonger is not as strong as Loki right?

Prove that vibranium weapons are stronger than Asgardian weapons? Especislly magically imbued weapons.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 02:52 PM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by FrothByte

Prove that vibranium weapons are stronger than Asgardian weapons?

Magical Asgardian weapons. thumb up

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 02:53 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Prove that vibranium weapons are stronger than Asgardian weapons? Especislly magically imbued weapons.

No, but there is no evidence that you need to be Loki's strong to be able to cut Thor. I don't recall reading anything that only Loki can cut Thor.

What?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:03 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

No, but there is no evidence that you need to be Loki's strong to be able to cut Thor. I don't recall reading anything that only Loki can cut Thor.

What?

So show me someone weaker than Loki cutting Thor.

Prove that vibranium weapons are stronger than Asgardian weapons.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:09 PM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

That's not the way it works, if you want to claim that vibranium can replicate Loki's feat. you have to prove it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:11 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So show me someone weaker than Loki cutting Thor.

Prove that vibranium weapons are stronger than Asgardian weapons.

There has been no instance, yet that doesn't mean only Loki can do so. That's a fallacy.

Did you watch the beginning of Black Panther? MCU considers Vibranium the strongest metal. Asgard weapons aren't vibranium, or atleast hasn't been mentioned.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:15 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

That's not the way it works, if you want to claim that vibranium can replicate Loki's feat. you have to prove it.

Actually it's the other way around.

If you want to claim that your character is immune to something you have to prove it.

I've already proven that Thor can be stabb by a weapon less strong than Vibranium. If you wan't to claim that Thor is immune to stabs, then prove it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:18 PM
Silent Master

I never said Thor was immune, you are however saying that it's a given. thus the burden is on you. and no. being stabbed by a magical asgardian knife isn't proof that vibranium claws would cut Thor.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:28 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I never said Thor was immune, you are however saying that it's a given. thus the burden is on you. and no. being stabbed by a magical asgardian knife isn't proof that vibranium claws would cut Thor.

You can't attribute powers to a character without feats.

You are claiming that Thor is immune to Vibranium weapons so PROVE IT!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:33 PM
Silent Master

You can't attribute powers to a character without feats.

You are claiming that Thor is immune to Vibranium weapons so PROVE IT!

Here is proof that Josh is a liar.

Originally posted by Blindside12
Can Vibranium claws affect Thor?

Possibly, just not enough to win the fight, imo.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:40 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Here is proof that Josh is a liar.

So why are you asking me to prove that Vib can hurt him, when you yourself are claiming that it can?

The prove that you are a troll not worthy of debating with.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:52 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Consider yourself ignored SM.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:52 PM
Silent Master

I see, you don't know what the word possible means.

BTW, Consider yourself to be a proven liar.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:58 PM