KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Depowered Thor vs. Depowered T'Challa

Depowered Thor vs. Depowered T'Challa
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

Those weren't Shield agents.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:00 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blindside12
How do I know BW could have taken them down? Based on her feats like killing aliens and taking on The Winter Soldier, thats how I know.

So you think BW can easily take down agents like May or Ward or Daisy within a few seconds?

P.S. - BW was completely outclassed by WS. She looked like a kid against him.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:06 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

As if May and Daisy would have not been one shotted by WS?

She at least survived and evaded capture and death as he was ready to kill her.

Thanks Esta!

Last edited by Blindside12 on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:12 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

As if May and Daisy would have not been one shotted by WS?

She at least survived and evaded capture and death as he was ready to kill her.

You didn't answer the question: Do you think BW can take out Daisy or May in only a few seconds?

Also, the first time BW went up against WS, she snuck up on him and blindsided him... and she still got thrown out like a kid. The 2nd time she went up against him it was 2 on 1 and she still wasn't able to do anything to him. In a straight up, 1 on 1 fight, WS would one-shot BW.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:20 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not a few seconds but she could take them out, Id be willing to say she could take both out one after the other.

So now featless shield agents are on the level of May, Daisy and BW?

In a straight up 1 on one fight, WS would one shot May or Daisy, so whats your point?

You are only doing this because you are trying to keep depowered Thor in this certain bracket that he was the only one capable of pulling that feat off. Sorry but HE ISNT.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:26 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Not a few seconds but she could take them out, Id be willing to say she could take both out one after the other.

So now featless shield agents are on the level of May, Daisy and BW?

In a straight up 1 on one fight, WS would one shot May or Daisy, so whats your point?

You are only doing this because you are trying to keep depowered Thor in this certain bracket that he was the only one capable of pulling that feat off. Sorry but HE ISNT.

Every SHIELD agent we've seen fight have been a skilled fighter. Black Widow, Hawkeye, Daisy, Triplette, May, May's evil doppleganger, Ward, Rumlow, Sharon Carter, Nick Fury, Bobbie Morse, Maria Hill, etc. Even a non-combatant like Coulson is capable of easily mowing down fodder. Heck, even an engineer like Mack is a skilled fighter.

Considering that those men Coulson had were some of his best, logic dictates that their skill level would be on a similar level... and Thor one-shot most of them.

You originally claimed BW could replicate that feat, but now that I mention some of the agents we know of you think she can't one-shot them... so which is it?

I'm not saying Thor wins this fight, but you're massively lowballing his SHIELD fight since we know just how good a fighter SHIELD field agents are. I mean, name me one SHIELD field agent who's not a proficient fighter.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:36 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I havn't lowballed anything, I have simply stated Thors feat can be replicated by people OTHER THAN THOR.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:38 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I havn't lowballed anything, I have simply stated Thors feat can be replicated by people OTHER THAN THOR.

Really? Because you basically lowballed the SHIELD agents by equating them to the thugs and gangsters that Black Widow took out.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:55 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hammer Agents are Thugs and Gangsters now? Fighting Bucky is Thugs and gansters? Surviving being backhanded by Hulk is Thugs and Gagsters? Fighting Aliens is Thugs and Gangsters? Fighting Hawkeye is Thugs and Gangsters?

Oh and please quote me calling any of the shield agents "Thugs and Gangsters."

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:57 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Hammer Agents are Thugs and Gangsters now? Fighting Bucky is Thugs and gansters? Surviving being backhanded by Hulk is Thugs and Gagsters? Fighting Aliens is Thugs and Gangsters? Fighting Hawkeye is Thugs and Gangsters?

Oh and please quote me calling any of the shield agents "Thugs and Gangsters."

Here's your direct quote:

quote:
I'm 100% certain she can take down shield agents without weapons. As she was handcuffed to a chair with guns on her and managed to take them all out without zero fcks given.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:00 AM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where did I say they were gangsters and Thugs, plz quote.

Please provide these answers as not a dodge quote.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:07 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Where did I say they were gangsters and Thugs, plz quote.

Please provide these answers as not a dodge quote.

You're hedging. That is not what you said. This is what you said:

quote:
I'm 100% certain she can take down shield agents without weapons. As she was handcuffed to a chair with guns on her and managed to take them all out without zero fcks given.

And anyone who's watched Avengers knows that the thugs BW fought in that warehouse weren't SHIELD agents. Just admit you were wrong and we can move forward. I don't even know why you're not bringing Hulk and Bucky in this discussion, BW was clearly helpless against them. It's not like she gave a good showing against Hulk or WS.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:10 AM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

So lets disscect what I said, vs what you think I said.

"I'm 100% certain she can take down shield agents without weapons. As she was handcuffed to a chair with guns on her and managed to take them all out without zero fcks given."

First sentence: I'm 100% certain she can take down shield agents without weapons. What makes you relate this statement to Thugs and gangsters?

Second Sentence: As she was handcuffed to a chair with guns on her and managed to take them all out without zero fcks given.

True statement. She took down military personal with guns while being hancuffed. Its a pretty impressive feat.

So please restate this "you think shield agents are Thugs and Gangsters" and then tell me how Hammer Agents are Thugs and Gangsters now? Fighting Bucky is Thugs and gansters? Surviving being backhanded by Hulk is Thugs and Gagsters? Fighting Aliens is Thugs and Gangsters? Fighting Hawkeye is Thugs and Gangsters?

Why am I bringing hulk into this, because her damage soak kept her conscious after a hulk backhand into a metal wall.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:15 AM
carver9

Originally posted by FrothByte
How do you know? Those SHIELD agents were supposedly some of Coulson's best men. If you watch AoS, you can see just how good some of Coulson's best personnel are. Even a half trained Daisy was already beating up thugs like a pro.

Thor took out those SHIELD agents as easily as Bucky took out Sharon Carter.

Supposedly is the key word. You know we don't debate like this. Thor took down people that doesn't have any showings. Let's not pretend he fought a group of Bruce Lee's. With that said, Tchalla actually fought and defeated someone who is damn near super human. There is no comparison between the two. Panther stomps.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 07:00 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Phil specifically mentions their skill level as the reason he was so impressed with what Thor was able to do.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 07:10 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

M'Baku is the most skilled of the most war-like tribe in Wakanda. And had actual super strength. He was walking through W'Kabi's warriors who had Vibranium weapons and were trying to kill him. How is beating no name agents with normal strength who want to bring you in alive comparable or better?

Last edited by KingD19 on Feb 24th, 2018 at 07:34 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 07:30 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by KingD19
M'Baku is the most skilled of the most war-like tribe in Wakanda. And had actual super strength. He was walking through W'Kabi's warriors who had Vibranium weapons and were trying to kill him. How is beating no name agents with normal strength who want to bring you in alive comparable or better?
thumb up let's not forget, he was using the equivalent of a phucking stick to beat up trained warriors that were armed with energy shields and wakandan weapons. Panther still beat him rather handily.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 07:48 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Here is the Thor dialogue bit:

"Highly trained professionals" could simply refer to SHIELD agent standard in general. As pointed out in this thread already, even recruits have a degree of training. So, how does this comment alone put these guys on par with people like May or Ward?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:01 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You left off part of the dialogue. it's actually "some of the most highly trained professionals in the world".

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:32 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

You know exactly what I mean. That statement could simply mean general SHIELD agent standard.

So, again, how does a single statement from 2011 (two years before AoS even started) alone put them on par with top level SHIELD agents with multiple seasons worth of feats, including fights against superhuman opponents?

Because I am not arguing that they aren't trained and skilled. But the notion that a single statement = multiple seasons worth of feats is reaching.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 24th, 2018 at 12:44 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:42 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote