KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » CW Flash Latest Feat vs Speedsters

CW Flash Latest Feat vs Speedsters
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

Yet somehow CW will still tell us that Flash isn't even mach 20.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:12 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That's kind of hard to do, because virtually the entire episode is the feat. The nuke detonates probably about 5 minutes into the episode, and Barry only saves the day with probably about 5 minutes of the episode to go. And all of that happened in only a fraction of a second in real time, as the nuke's blast wave had barely traveled any distance.

Basically, imagine the QS mansion explosion scene, but instead of doing it for like 3 minutes, the Flash did it for about half an hour.

What happens when the next time they clock his top speed it gets listed at Mach 30 or so?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:20 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

That's kind of hard to do, because virtually the entire episode is the feat. The nuke detonates probably about 5 minutes into the episode, and Barry only saves the day with probably about 5 minutes of the episode to go. And all of that happened in only a fraction of a second in real time, as the nuke's blast wave had barely traveled any distance.

Basically, imagine the QS mansion explosion scene, but instead of doing it for like 3 minutes, the Flash did it for about half an hour.

Holy shit!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:39 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Silent Master
What happens when the next time they clock his top speed it gets listed at Mach 30 or so?

Their official numbers are utter BS, so I tend to ignore them. I go by feats, and when the world is quite literally frozen from the Flash's perspective to the point where even explosions aren't moving, or he can run around the planet in like 10 seconds (while literally carrying bigass Bill Goldberg for half the trip), then he is WAY beyond Mach 30. The China run alone literally puts his speed in the Mach thousands already.

Plus, they've exaggerated the science talk to go with the new feats, because they were dropping things like Barry having "3 picoseconds" to reach DeVoe when he pops out of his little pocket dimension, and Barry said at the end of the episode that he is fast enough to do so. Which is a far cry from the 0.21 seconds he supposedly needed to cover like 80 feet just last season.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 02:12 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

don't you guys realize once Iris gets her powers she'll be unstoppable.. sad big grin stick out tongue laughing out loud laughing out loud

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:18 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

You laugh about it now, but given CW's track record on this season of their shows, I wouldn't be surprised if they inexplicably make Iris the fastest and best speedster ever, despite having zero previous experience with it.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:52 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Their official numbers are utter BS, so I tend to ignore them. I go by feats, and when the world is quite literally frozen from the Flash's perspective to the point where even explosions aren't moving, or he can run around the planet in like 10 seconds (while literally carrying bigass Bill Goldberg for half the trip), then he is WAY beyond Mach 30. The China run alone literally puts his speed in the Mach thousands already.

Plus, they've exaggerated the science talk to go with the new feats, because they were dropping things like Barry having "3 picoseconds" to reach DeVoe when he pops out of his little pocket dimension, and Barry said at the end of the episode that he is fast enough to do so. Which is a far cry from the 0.21 seconds he supposedly needed to cover like 80 feet just last season.

Everything is BS as it's fictional, but my question is more if their official word is that Flash is only Mach xxxx, then are they wrong about how fast Flash is or were they wrong about the speed needed to complete a certain feat.

Take comic Flash for example, there was an issue where he evacuated a town in IIRC a few microseconds, which would have required millions of times light speed, yet the comic clearly states that he was moving just below light speed.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 04:20 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Everything is BS as it's fictional, but my question is more if their official word is that Flash is only Mach xxxx, then are they wrong about how fast Flash is or were they wrong about the speed needed to complete a certain feat.

Take comic Flash for example, there was an issue where he evacuated a town in IIRC a few microseconds, which would have required millions of times light speed, yet the comic clearly states that he was moving just below light speed.

They are wrong about the numbers in general, as they have consistently been since S1. He has a long list of feats at this point that would be impossible according to the numbers they have given in the past.

Hence why I don't bother paying much attention to those things. Because if the Flash can run back and forth between downtown Central City and Star Labs, have multiple conversations with other Speedsters and people he brought into "Flash Time", try different tactics, spend time doing long calculations on a white board, all while an explosion is barely moving at all, you don't need any numbers given to realise he is operating at a level of speed an extremely small list of people could match. I mean we can directly compare the QS mansion scene to this one and you don't need numbers to see which is better.

And if I do want to use numbers, I would just use my own calcs, or ones from people I trust. Like you can work out a number for the China feat, using its distance from the US, the time it took him etc. After all, the calcs used for people like QS and Smallville Clark etc. aren't really from the shows/movies so much as calcs people like you and I did.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Mar 9th, 2018 at 05:01 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 04:58 AM
NemeBro

If statements are contradicted by hard feats consistently, the feats should take precedence tbh.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 05:48 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by NemeBro
If statements are contradicted by hard feats consistently, the feats should take precedence tbh.

Yeah, and this is very often the case with CW Flash. It sometimes feels like not even a single one of those writers passed a high school physics class.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 05:54 AM
Silent Master

They are wrong about the numbers in general, as they have consistently been since S1. He has a long list of feats at this point that would be impossible according to the numbers they have given in the past.

Hence why I don't bother paying much attention to those things. Because if the Flash can run back and forth between downtown Central City and Star Labs, have multiple conversations with other Speedsters and people he brought into "Flash Time", try different tactics, spend time doing long calculations on a white board, all while an explosion is barely moving at all, you don't need any numbers given to realise he is operating at a level of speed an extremely small list of people could match. I mean we can directly compare the QS mansion scene to this one and you don't need numbers to see which is better.

And if I do want to use numbers, I would just use my own calcs, or ones from people I trust. Like you can work out a number for the China feat, using its distance from the US, the time it took him etc. After all, the calcs used for people like QS and Smallville Clark etc. aren't really from the shows/movies so much as calcs people like you and I did.

Fair enough.

How do you feel about the example in my question though, where the comic feat is flat out stated to be performed at under the speed of light in the narration.

IMO since both numbers are only given in the narration, it's just as easy to say that they got the time wrong as it would be to say they got his speed wrong.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 10:22 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Fair enough.

How do you feel about the example in my question though, where the comic feat is flat out stated to be performed at under the speed of light in the narration.

IMO since both numbers are only given in the narration, it's just as easy to say that they got the time wrong as it would be to say they got his speed wrong.

It's a bit harder with comics IMO. Because you are still largely dependent on scene descriptions, written text etc. to know what's happening. The pictures on their own can't always give you a good time reference (unless, for example, there is another visual cue, like a falling object or something else to serve as a reference point). So, I personally wouldn't use those kinds of showings as standalone pieces of evidence. I'd look for other comparable feats of the character and hopefully find something that can provide a better frame of reference.

In contrast, with a tv show version, for example, the fact that the feats are performed live-action, and we actually see the motion, can check the time that passes etc. it's much easier to realise "wow, these writers are really talking out of their ass here" when something said clearly doesn't add up with something shown.

That being said, it also depends on just how inaccurate the discrepancy is IMO. If something is only a little bit off, then I can let it slide. But when it's something glaring, like the comic Flash example, then it's worth looking further.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 12:07 PM
Silent Master

It's a bit harder with comics IMO. Because you are still largely dependent on scene descriptions, written text etc. to know what's happening. The pictures on their own can't always give you a good time reference (unless, for example, there is another visual cue, like a falling object or something else to serve as a reference point). So, I personally wouldn't use those kinds of showings as standalone pieces of evidence. I'd look for other comparable feats of the character and hopefully find something that can provide a better frame of reference.

In contrast, with a tv show version, for example, the fact that the feats are performed live-action, and we actually see the motion, can check the time that passes etc. it's much easier to realise "wow, these writers are really talking out of their ass here" when something said clearly doesn't add up with something shown.

That being said, it also depends on just how inaccurate the discrepancy is IMO. If something is only a little bit off, then I can let it slide. But when it's something glaring, like the comic Flash example, then it's worth looking further.

That's fair. thank you.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 12:11 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Funnily enough, the most direct reference to the Flash's current speed was made in the last episode of Arrow, by the doctor who often ends up treating them, who claimed that he is faster than the speed of light. Which means nothing, really, because they once made a similar claim with Zoom.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 05:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well if you want some figures for Smallville...Lionel Luthor did say that Luthorcorp had clocked Brainiac at moving at nearly the speed of light. Which is 186,000 mps.

Also this crazy feat:

Skip to about 1:15

I will also note that although the clip doesn't show it, the photo Jimmy takes does not capture Clarks face, it just shows a red and blue blur. And you could see the light from the camera basically moving in super slow motion, and Clark even looks directly at it at one point.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 11th, 2018 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 04:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Well Barry said it takes 3 picoseconds for Devoes breach to close and that by end of episode said nhe was fast enough to do that. Someone who is better at Math than me could may be figure that out as to how fast he is.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 08:18 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, 3 picoseconds is 3/trillionths of a second, so to just cover 1m meter in that time would in fact require moving greater than the speed of light, if I am not mistaken. And by some margin too. Based on some quick calcs I did (though I fully admit that calcs done at 4:30am when suffering from insomnia might be flawed), he'd need to travel about 1111 times the speed of light to do that.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Mar 12th, 2018 at 02:42 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 02:39 AM
Darth Thor

So just caught the nuclear explosion feat... And damn!

CW speedsters literally just pummel Fox QS.

But I now wana hear that line again about Mach 50 not being a real thing Lol

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 04:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

So Flash now has the comic book power of grantingbspoed? Man he's gonna be damn near unstoppable when he gets speed steal

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 06:41 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

If Flash is now 1111 times the speed of light, either his enemies are going to get massive upgrades or the show is going to be pure PIS.

I wonder which way DC will go.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 07:46 PM