KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Hollywood glorifies violence, but blames the NRA and Conservatives

Hollywood glorifies violence, but blames the NRA and Conservatives
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm pro gun, but people need to stop trying to blame TV and video games for violence. The 1st amendment is every bit if not more more important than the 2nd amendment so we don't need the government trying to control forms of art/expression. At most they can be pointed to as a symptom of an underlining problem, pretending that they are active problems in and of themselves is ridiculous.

Kind of like guns. they aren't the problem. it's the criminals using them that are the real problem.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:02 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Silent Master
Kind of like guns. they aren't the problem. it's the criminals using them that are the real problem.

I totally agree.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:03 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

TBF, if we make all drugs legal, the illegal activity and violence that comes with such surrounding drugs sort of dries up. Can't really say the same for guns.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let’s extend that same logic to nukes. Nukes aren’t the real problem, it’s the people using them that are the real problem right? So if that’s the case why regulate which countries shouldn’t get nukes, just let Iran and North Korea have it

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:05 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Hollywood glorifies violence, but blames the NRA and Conservatives"

I guess we have some special kinds of idiots here, no one where in the OP or subsequently did I state movies were to blame.

Gun violence can have consequences on Hollywood and they could think about adjusting their tone about violence if they are going to take up the tone that guns are bad.

Simple practice what you preach like this one woman actress did. How is that to hard to ask.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:06 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
TBF, if we make all drugs legal, the illegal activity and violence that comes with such surrounding drugs sort of dries up. Can't really say the same for guns.
That’s because drugs like marijuana are not in and of themselves harmful objects. The worst they do is make you lazy and hungry

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:07 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Firefly218
Let’s extend that same logic to nukes. Nukes aren’t the real problem, it’s the people using them that are the real problem right? So if that’s the case why regulate which countries shouldn’t get nukes, just let Iran and North Korea have it

You just answered your own question.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:08 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blindside12

I guess we have some special kinds of idiots here, no one where in the OP or subsequently did I state movies were to blame.

Gun violence can have consequences on Hollywood and they could think about adjusting their tone about violence.
Hollywood is about fantasy, it’s not real life...

Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

That’s because drugs like marijuana are not in and of themselves harmful objects. The worst they do is make you lazy and hungry

Another lie from an ignorant person. Weed causes all sorts of DUI's.

Thanks Esta!

Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hollywood is about fantasy, it’s not real life...

Tell that to a crazy person.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:09 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

You just answered your own question.
Wow you’re even more unreasonable than I thought

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:09 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Gun violence can have consequences on Hollywood and they could think about adjusting their tone about violence if they are going to take up the tone that guns are bad.

Simple practice what you preach like this one woman actress did. How is that to hard to ask.

What exactly was your point then?

"Hollywood" isn't being hypocritical since the last time I checked, no one went out and murdered someone with a reel of Die Hard 4 or similar. WHich has been the counter the whole time, movies and video games are not to blame as to why something like the Parkland murders happened.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Comparing nukes to guns now? One is controlled by governments only. How may people go around nuking each other?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:10 PM
darthgoober

I never said you did, but that train of thought still lingers from back in the 90s where it actually gained momentum among stupid people. I was simply addressing it in case someone brought it up in the past 8 pages of discussion I have no intention of going through individually lol. It's a stand alone thought and not necessarily aimed at anything said by anyone so far.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:11 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
What exactly was your point then?

"Hollywood" isn't being hypocritical since the last time I checked, no one went out and murdered someone with a reel of Diehard 4 or similar. WHich has been the counter the whole time, movies and video games are not to blame as to why something like the Parkland murders happened.

So wait, a crazy persons crimes and wanting to murder are only influenced by guns, not by anything else?

So therefore if a crazy person sees a gun, he has the idea to kill someone. Where did he come up with that idea? The NRA told him to?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So wait, a crazy persons crimes and wanting to murder are only influenced by guns, not by anything else?

So therefore if a crazy person sees a gun, he has the idea to kill someone. Where did he come up with that idea?

(please log in to view the image)

All I said is that blaming movies and video games is wrong

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:14 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its wrong to blame something un related,

Its not wrong to address that the implications of that bad action can affect innocent by standards or industries.

Its also not wrong to take a stand as this woman did.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:18 PM
Silent Master

Wow you’re even more unreasonable than I thought

The reason the vast majority don't want those countries getting nukes is because of the people in charge of those countries.

It's hilariuosly how hard you failed at crafting a gotcha scenario, in reality all you did was essentailly agree with my point.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:32 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

The reason the vast majority don't want those countries getting nukes is because of the people in charge of those countries.

It's hilariuosly how hard you failed at crafting a gotcha scenario, in reality all you did was essentailly agree with my point.

He working real hard to be an edge lord. Its not working out to well for him, thus he ends up looking foolish like he did here. He also apparently lied about putting you on ignore after you triggered him.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:33 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by jaden101
Ah the ol' "it's the movies" fault.

Its like being back in the 80's

Wait til you find out about these new fangled "video games"

Looks more like calling out Hollywood as the hypocrites they are.

You can't claim a title of progressive while profiting off the very things you criticise.. Ethics don't work that way.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:36 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote