KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kratos vs. Deathstroke

Kratos vs. Deathstroke
Started by: Vanguard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spetznaz
This.

I personally wonder a lot about the handicaps characters are given in this forum. Sure, it makes certain fights between characters that would ordinarily be on different levels possible, but is it a real fight at all? If one crippled one character resulting in that character being defeated, did the other character really win?

For example - if I have a fight between WonderWoman and Batman, and I take away her strength, speed, flight, weapons ...is that really WonderWoman fighting?

Or, if I have Gladiator versus Captain America, and I take away his strength, speed, flight, heat vision, force breath, etc ...is that Gladiator any more? Even if he loses, was it a real loss? At least in WW’s case one might say she’s a top tier fighter even without her powers, but in many of these handicap matches it’s a joke.

Next you’ll be seeing Hulkless Banner versus the Joker, or Steve Rogers pre Super Soldier Serum versus Catwoman.

Lol yeah no kidding. Deathstroke was on the run from Aquaman, while Kratos was smashing Poseidon's face into a mountainside.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:04 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by spetznaz
This.

I personally wonder a lot about the handicaps characters are given in this forum. Sure, it makes certain fights between characters that would ordinarily be on different levels possible, but is it a real fight at all? If one crippled one character resulting in that character being defeated, did the other character really win?

For example - if I have a fight between WonderWoman and Batman, and I take away her strength, speed, flight, weapons ...is that really WonderWoman fighting?

Or, if I have Gladiator versus Captain America, and I take away his strength, speed, flight, heat vision, force breath, etc ...is that Gladiator any more? Even if he loses, was it a real loss? At least in WW’s case one might say she’s a top tier fighter even without her powers, but in many of these handicap matches it’s a joke.

Next you’ll be seeing Hulkless Banner versus the Joker, or Steve Rogers pre Super Soldier Serum versus Catwoman.

It DOES enable matchups of skill, though.

Case in point:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:12 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by Stoic
Giving Kratos Deathstroke level strength is a huge handicap here, no matter what argument is launched in an attempt to deny it. That being said, Deathstroke would likely win because of the handicap in place. At full power Kratos would rip his face off.

Well if Kratos is the man like so many of you say. It shouldn't really matter that much. Deathstroke's strength, although low Superhuman, is still Superhuman.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:29 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Vanguard
Well if Kratos is the man like so many of you say. It shouldn't really matter that much. Deathstroke's strength, although low Superhuman, is still Superhuman.

Or perhaps you'd like to turn that around and say the same thing while omitting Kratos, and replacing him with Slade. Those Chaos Blades would cut the meat off of Slade's back like it was bacon. Kratos whipped giants that made Godzilla look small. Don't take it to heart, Slade is just over his head without the handicap.

Take note that when Batman slams Diana, that she is neither stunned, or winded, she is also capable of grabbing Batman with her free hand if she so chose but PIS is what PIS does.

Last edited by Stoic on Mar 6th, 2018 at 12:32 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:30 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Originally posted by One Big Mob
That's not what your boy Chrissy P said though.
Yes humans. Dareman is far from being portrayed as a human though. These are people that regularly go against Spider-Man level beings. Way above 10 human range, and still not enough to head split. I'm not saying who wins or not, I'm saying that taking the word of someone who think contrary to evidence that AmericaStroke can split Devilman's head open with a punch is tenuous ground to say the least.

Look man, when my dad left us, Christopher Priest came in and took care of my mom and her kids. I love the guy like a father, he's always been there for me. Which is why I say with no happiness, that his word isn't worth all the toes on Carver9toes' feet.

laughing out loud

Don't change ever.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:49 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by Stoic
Or perhaps you'd like to turn that around and say the same thing while omitting Kratos, and replacing him with Slade. Those Chaos Blades would cut the meat off of Slade's back like it was bacon. Kratos whipped giants that made Godzilla look small. Don't take it to heart, Slade is just over his head without the handicap.

Take note that when Batman slams Diana, that she is neither stunned, or winded, she is also capable of grabbing Batman with her free hand if she so chose but PIS is what PIS does.

I think PIS should be prohibited, absolutely banned from peoples vocabulary. Either that, or skill should be more appreciated. I have an easier time accepting CIS.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 01:29 AM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I think PIS should be prohibited, absolutely banned from peoples vocabulary. Either that, or skill should be more appreciated. I have an easier time accepting CIS.

Well in this case PIS is what we saw in that scan. Diana wasn't trying, and Batman wouldn't ever be able to defeat her if she was. She has too many options, and the speed difference between the two is out of this world. She can destroy mountains with her impacts, this means that she could kill him without ever even having to hit him.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 01:50 AM
Vanguard

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Yeah if you’re going to remove all his powers, just give him human strength, he will lose
He probably can’t even swing the blades of chaos correctly

I doubt the blades of chaos would do all that much damage. I mean Slades sword and staff absorb all kinds of energy and redirect it.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 10:29 PM
Jmanghan

Promethium is indestructible....Slade has the better tactical mind....id give Kratos the edge in weapons....maybe.
Kratos 100% has the edge in weapons.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:18 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

I doubt the blades of chaos would do all that much damage. I mean Slades sword and staff absorb all kinds of energy and redirect it.

Medusa's Head /thread

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:46 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

still going with kratos even with the stip

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 11:23 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Can't think of a good excuse to post this. So yeah, Slade wins.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 04:21 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Kratos still rips the meat off of him.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 08:43 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Christroke loses his life. Horribly most likely.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 12th, 2018 10:18 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote