KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Spectre vs Barbatos

The Spectre vs Barbatos
Started by: SithLantern93

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SithLantern93

The Spectre vs Barbatos

All versions of Spectre are applicable. No PIS or CIS.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 12:39 PM
SithLantern93 is currently offline Click here to Send SithLantern93 a Private Message Find more posts by SithLantern93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

I’ll go with the COIE spectre. It’s true Bartos defeated the Forager, but Forager wasn’t powering up like AM was on positive matter universes.

If Barbatos is able to power up and feed off of the dark multiverse then I think he takes it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 01:42 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

We don’t even know how strong Forager is. We know he operates on a universal level by design but we can’t use that as a combat feat in the forum.

As far as Barbatos, so far in terms of power, he doesn’t feel all that strong. Yes, he has destroyed universes but they were “baby” universes. It is still an amazing feat but I wouldn’t put it no where close to COIE Spectre who fought AM who absorbed the power of infinite universe -1.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 02:44 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Lmao.

Barbatos’ mere screaming was shaking the entire Multiverse and causing the Gentry, who are about as Meta and Godlike as you can get, to flee in fear. This being a Barbatos who hasn’t even fully crossed over into DC.

Hell, Barbatos’ servant, Batman Who Laughs, already defeated the Spectre and imprisoned “the most powerful being in the Multiverse.” All of that, on top of Barbatos operating on a larger scale than we’ve ever seen from a villain in DC History, leads me to believe Barbatos wins this.

The DC Heroes only defeated every villain ever (including AM) because Barbatos allowed it, after all. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 04:08 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I definitely wouldn't say that Barbatos is operating on a larger scale than we've seen from 'any' DC villain 'ever'. He might reside in the Dark Multiverse and have a certain degree of power over it, but for all his hype he's still only displayed multiversal power thus far... Which makes sense. After all, he is the "Great Dragon" whose original purpose was to destroy any unstable worlds/universes spawned from the World Forge, so I would expect no less. /shrug

As for The Batman Who Laughs: we know he doesn't have any superpowers; he's just a really good problem-solver. That said, he...
-Beat 'a' version of Spectre, but we know all versions are not created equal. We also have no clue HOW he beat 'a' Spectre.
-As for capturing the most powerful being in the multiverse: if indeed that being is Nix Uotan(which was heavily implied), then he still appears to be in his human/non-Monitor form... And when he's in human form, Nix is no more powerful than a regular ol' human.

...And I didn't see The Gentry 'flee' from anything out of fear..? Didn't they just appear in that single panel when the Dark Knights were firing universe-bombs at the Ultima Thule?

It is worth noting, however, that the entire Dark Multiverse(and Barbatos) can evidently be wiped out entirely just by firing Anti-Monitor's astral brain through the RoE:
https://i.imgur.com/KeeKnmp.jpg
So yeah...

As for this thread, an adept Hal-Spectre should be able to win soundly. Not only was he fully multiversal(+), but he was able to directly access the power of the Logoz itself at will.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 04:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Didn't they later say that the brain thing wouldn't work when she was trying to throw it in (mind you a difference)? It was also attributed to pure anti matter being introduced into it, not pure power. It also went from astral to physical...

Which doesn't even make sense, no matter how much the brain can possibly hold, it's a ****ing brain being thrown into something that is described as oceanic in comparison.

Metal is playing fast and loose with concepts.

But I'm hoping he actually does something as opposed to being a vague power that just screams and has his flunkies do everything until the last issue. They have the brain, they have the antenna. It'd be interesting to see if they revive him and have a big cosmic fight

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 05:33 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

A serious Spectre ftw. It was stated he could have stopped COIE AM cold if he wanted to. He could have stopped GEB if he wanted to. He has the power but 90% of the time he can't be bothered to do his freaking job.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 05:38 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
But I'm hoping he actually does something as opposed to being a vague power that just screams and has his flunkies do everything until the last issue.
Same. thumb up

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 06:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by Galan007
Same. thumb up

What are your thought about the empty hand vs either of those two? thumb up

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 09:43 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lmao.

Barbatos’ mere screaming was shaking the entire Multiverse and causing the Gentry, who are about as Meta and Godlike as you can get, to flee in fear. This being a Barbatos who hasn’t even fully crossed over into DC.

Hell, Barbatos’ servant, Batman Who Laughs, already defeated the Spectre and imprisoned “the most powerful being in the Multiverse.” All of that, on top of Barbatos operating on a larger scale than we’ve ever seen from a villain in DC History, leads me to believe Barbatos wins this.

The DC Heroes only defeated every villain ever (including AM) because Barbatos allowed it, after all. smile

I'm not saying he is strong but to say that he can destroy Spectre is not likely. Yes, his scream is strong, strong enough to shake the multiverse. But from my perspective, Barbatos was the dragon who was destroying universes. The way I see it, his scream is likely his method to destroy universes. Maybe that's his main attack.

Regardless, nothing suggests he can operate past the universal level in terms of destruction. Sure, he can affect the universes but we also know that the structure of DCU multiverse is like an upside down pyramid with main earth (whatever number it is now) being at the very bottom. Like DS in final crisis, Barbatos only needs to destroy the main earth to make the other crumble or sink into the dark multiverse.

I still go with COIE Spectre. If we go back to the COIE, we see AM destroy universes from existence with his attacks. I have not seen anything on that scale coming from Barbatos. Spectre was able to match that power.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 09:51 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Diesldude
What are your thought about the empty hand vs either of those two? thumb up
I have TEH well above Barbatos, currently.

-First off, TEH is basically a 'Gentrified' version of Ultra Comics... And Ultra is about as 'meta' as it can possibly get in comics -- he is literally powered by the thoughts/emotions of his 'real world' audience.

-We also know The Gentry are TEH's play-things -- and he controls entire legionS of them. What's more, The Gentry themselves were able to casually own Superjudge Nix Uotan -- implying they are already multiversal+ in their own right(when at their strongest, of course.)

-Additionally, the entire Multiversity event was just TEH's "assessment" of the current multiverse's defenses -- the entire story was just a game to him(a game of HIS design, mind you.) Hence his statement in the final issue: "I have concluded my assessment of your strength. I have nothing to fear from you. The end will come when I decree."

-Lastly, we know that TEH has already conquered AT LEAST one other Multiverse.

...Meanwhile, Barbatos is just sitting there screaming at the Multiverse.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 24th, 2018 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 02:22 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

Not sure why people think "the most powerful being in the multiverse" is Nix?

That being clearly has both of his eyes-
(please log in to view the image)

But what you guys dont remember is that Nix lost an eye in the last issue of The Multiversity and wore a golden eyepatch-

So it's definitely not him.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 03:40 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I’ll say it again, it’s Alfred

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:00 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mendax
Not sure why people think "the most powerful being in the multiverse" is Nix?

That being clearly has both of his eyes-

But what you guys dont remember is that Nix lost an eye in the last issue of The Multiversity and wore a golden eyepatch-

So it's definitely not him.
^ Perhaps it is you who are misremembering..?

Yes, Nix...in his Monitor/Superjudge form...DID lose an eye. However, as we saw in the very last page of Multiversity #2, once Nix reverted back into his human form, he had BOTH eyes again:

...Which gives further credence to what I said above:
-As for capturing the most powerful being in the multiverse: if indeed that being is Nix Uotan(which was heavily implied), then he still appears to be in his human/non-Monitor form... And when he's in human form, Nix is no more powerful than a regular ol' human.

smile

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:01 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

Upon further evaluation I think the Dark Knights captured Nix Uotan in his human form.

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:32 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

I have TEH well above Barbatos, currently.

-First off, TEH is basically a 'Gentrified' version of Ultra Comics... And Ultra is about as 'meta' as it can possibly get in comics -- he is literally powered by the thoughts/emotions of his 'real world' audience.

-We also know The Gentry are TEH's play-things -- and he controls entire legionS of them. What's more, The Gentry themselves were able to casually own Superjudge Nix Uotan -- implying they are already multiversal+ in their own right(when at their strongest, of course.)

-Additionally, the entire Multiversity event was just TEH's "assessment" of the current multiverse's defenses -- the entire story was just a game to him(a game of HIS design, mind you.) Hence his statement in the final issue: "I have concluded my assessment of your strength. I have nothing to fear from you. The end will come when I decree."

...Meanwhile, Barbatos is just sitting there screaming at the Multiverse.

Thanks for the detailed response. thumb up

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 01:36 AM
Senor Cage

quote:

Where did it state that? Which Multiverse?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 04:26 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Zack M
Where did it state that? Which Multiverse?
Multiverse 2. It was like a page after the only scan anyone ever uses of him.

He was saying the Gentry was feeding on the victim that was multiverse 2 and growing strong.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 04:47 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote