KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What are the Ones?

What are the Ones?
Started by: Freedon Nadd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthAnt66
The Returned

What's with you and always taking the oddest interpretation of things, lawl?

The Father also notes that the Ones "withdrew from the temporal world," as in the realm of Mortis is beyond time.

Then, with Rebels, we know that the Ones are involved in realities explicitly stated to be "beyond time or space."

But, yes, let's take a physical and literal interpretation to an arc specifically designed by Lucas to be metaphorical/symbolic.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

As for the Anakin x Father shenanigans, Filoni notes the arc is supposed to be Anakin's Dagobah moment, so I wouldn't take everything so seriously.

Note that the Ones clearly work in mysterious ways. The Son wants to kill the Father to gain power, yet loses all his power when Anakin kills the Father.

"The Emperor had three-hundred years to break this man . . . and he never succumbed?"

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:00 PM
Click here to Send DarthAnt66 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAnt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
What's with you and always taking the oddest interpretation of things, lawl?
You can't be serious, lol? YOU are the one contorting a very clear statement made by the Father himself to suit your personal views: "I am dying... And you must replace me."

If the Father weren't truly dying, then he wouldn't have brought Anakin to Mortis in the first place. He knew his time was near, and needed/wanted a successor. Simple.

But you're more than welcome to continue embellishing upon an explicit statement/intention... Different strokes, I guess. thumb up

"A great tactician creates plans.
A good tactician recognizes the soundness of a plan presented to him.
A fair tactician must see the plan succeed before offering approval.
Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept the plan.
And when a mind is too deficient in understanding, the resulting gap is often filled with resentment."

-Thrawn

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

One minor observation: No Disney canon included.

Ancient Power: "Nadd is a God, one among few. Revanchiste the indecipherable being the Lord Shiva of said pantheon. Though one must never forget He Who Shall Not Be Named."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

He's always been old, based on Rebels at least.

The balance is out of wack with the Sith ascension and the Clone Wars.

What happens on Mortis, stays on Mortis. Whatever would happen in the galaxy wouldn't affect the Ones' domain given it exists out of time and space.

Ancient Power: "Nadd is a God, one among few. Revanchiste the indecipherable being the Lord Shiva of said pantheon. Though one must never forget He Who Shall Not Be Named."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

That likely refers to the balance rapidly going out of wack.

because of the clone wars or Sidious's shanegians unbalancing the force?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:09 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Either events only spread darkness across the galaxy.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:28 AM
Zentrex

The Ones are a family of species called "Force Wielders", which are a type of creature that the Celestials evolve into.

Celestials, some say, are the beings controlling what the Force is, some suspect they're behind all the ancient, unknown stuff about the Force like the Tho Yor ships and stuff. There's unquestionable involvement, but no one knows what the celestials are for sure.

As far as I know, the Ones are the only celestials to have ever become Force Wielders, specifically, the Father. His children, who I imagine were regular old celestials, used the force nexuses that were the font of power and the pool of knowledge to become as powerful as they did, and even then they were not as powerful as the Father. And the Abeloth, who was another species, similar to a celestial, used both the Font of Power AND the Pool of Knowledge, yet still wasn't as powerful as the Father. So that should comment on the power of the Force Wielders

The Father is confirmed to be the most powerful force user of all time, a "paragon of the force". Honestly, the history surrounding the celestials is confusing, sketchy, incomplete, and I don't like it. So I don't really know what to get from that. Make of it what you will

As far as what the Father (and the other Ones, including Abeloth) ARE, as creatures, they are simply VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY powerful Force Users. I mean, they can't be One with the Force, because if they were, they'd only exist in the realm of the spirits, and not be able to interact with the physical world.

So they're pretty much as powerful of Force Users as any mortal can be. They have their lifespans, but they're deity-like beings, so that's expected. The Father I imagine to be about as powerful than Anakin at his full potential, if not slightly less. Anakin would be the physical manifestation of the Force, so I'd say that the Father is probably also something similar or along those lines.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

I don't like Anakin gauged at god levels. He is just not fit to it.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 02:21 PM
Zentrex

The thing about Anakin is that he's a regular Force user normally (well, the most powerful force user ever, but you know, credible). But then, he's also the will of the Force, so at certain moments in his life, like when he was killing Palpatine, he just becomes the physical manifestation of the Force in the galaxy. So in practicality, it doesn't mean what it seems like it means on paper, but he is indeed, godlike in the Force.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Which makes no sense. My head canon when the Father said they were the same is because they were Force vergences. And that's all. Anakin was gauged for his destiny not his raw force power.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 09:07 AM
Zentrex

sure

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 09:47 AM
Freedon Nadd

(Y)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 10:49 AM
Zentrex

What does that even mean?

Okay, so when I said "sure" it sounded sarcastic, but it was like a "yeah, sure, you might be right, maybe. I don't know". Sorry for not being clear.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:11 AM