KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Grant Morrison VERSUS KMC

Grant Morrison VERSUS KMC
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

Grant Morrison VERSUS KMC

Grant Morrison is the greatest comic book writer outside of Moore and even that is up for grabs.

So, KMC, your mission is to pick a single comic book writer(NOT ALAN MOORE) GREATER than Grant Morrison.

You must provide at least 7 works as proof.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:19 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

gaiman or busiek

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:37 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Geoff Johns

What he did with Green Lantern is pretty amazing.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:40 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
gaiman or busiek

Name 7 works from each that prove it!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:41 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Geoff Johns

What he did with Green Lantern is pretty amazing.

Name 7 works from Johns that prove it!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:43 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Name 7 works from each that prove it!

no thats dumb. everyone knows their works

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:47 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Sin I AM
no thats dumb. everyone knows their works

DO AS I SAY!!!!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:52 AM
SquallX

Jack muther ****ing Kirby

Kirby is the father of comics. He’s New Gods we’re far ahead of their times. Few comics today can stand toe to toe with his New Gods run, and the world he created.

To me
Kirby>Morrison>Moore=Gaiman

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:04 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Name 7 works from Johns that prove it!

Blackest Night
Sinestro Wars
Doomsday clock (so far so good)
GL Rebirth

I’m sure you can add the rest of GL runs he did between or after those events ts

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:08 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by SquallX
Jack muther ****ing Kirby

Kirby is the father of comics. He’s New Gods we’re far ahead of their times. Few comics today can stand toe to toe with his New Gods run, and the world he created.

To me
Kirby>Morrison>Moore=Gaiman

The KING is COMICS.

However, when it comes to writing he can't match Morrison!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:17 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Blackest Night
Sinestro Wars
Doomsday clock (so far so good)
GL Rebirth

I’m sure you can add the rest of GL runs he did between or after those events ts

Johns lacks both the depth and diversity of Morrison!

Morrison is his superior in superhero adventure. When you add the complexity of sci-fi and meta fiction Johns is light years behind.

WE3 and INVISIBLES is something we'll never see from Johns.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:21 AM
SSJGGogeta

Masashi Kishimoto- Mangaka of Naruto.

Japanese comics count too, right?

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:22 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Masashi Kishimoto- Mangaka of Naruto.

Japanese comics count too, right?

Bring on your foreign comics!

Morrison manhandles Mangakas!!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:25 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Jim Shooter.

XO-Manowar
Magnus Robot Fighter
Solar, Man of the Atom
Harbinger
The Korvac Saga
The Legion of Superheroes
Secret War

Yes, Morrison is more meta, and introduces more abstract concepts, but Shooter crafted a universe that could stand toe-to-toe with Marvel and DC's best stories, and the work he produced for both companies was influential and ambitious. I recently read through the entire catalogue of classic Valiant, and it is honestly staggering how cohesively that universe operated under Jim's guidance.

IMO, his ambition and consistent writing skill, combined with the fact that he started his own universe, which still runs today, at a level of quality far higher than Marvel or DC (even if he is no longer involved) puts him above Morrison.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:39 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Bring on your foreign comics!

Morrison manhandles Mangakas!!

Morrison is okay. He has a couple good reads under his belt.

While most Mangaka's just stick to one or two series that they're known for, I could very reasonably argue plenty of them as being better authors/writers than Morrison.

Comparing All star Superman to Naruto, Attack on Titan, Seven deadly sins, etc. would literally be like comparing McDonald's to Five Guys burgers and fries. They're not in the same league. (Morrison is Peewee, Naruto is the Major Leagues)

In terms of development, story line, attention to detail, readability, etc, I can think of a number of mangakas just off the top of my head that have Morrison beat by a mile.

I guess that's mostly opinionated, but I digress.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:41 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Jim Shooter.

XO-Manowar
Magnus Robot Fighter
Solar, Man of the Atom
Harbinger
The Korvac Saga
The Legion of Superheroes
Secret War

Yes, Morrison is more meta, and introduces more abstract concepts, but Shooter crafted a universe that could stand toe-to-toe with Marvel and DC's best stories, and the work he produced for both companies was influential and ambitious. I recently read through the entire catalogue of classic Valiant, and it is honestly staggering how cohesively that universe operated under Jim's guidance.

IMO, his ambition and consistent writing skill, combined with the fact that he started his own universe, which still runs today, at a level of quality far higher than Marvel or DC (even if he is no longer involved) puts him above Morrison.

This poses the first real challenge.

When you think about Shooter writing those LOSH stories starting at the age of 13 it is really remarkable. I liked XO and Secret Wars though they bring down the average from the heights of The Korvac Saga and Solar.

Decision- MORRISON WINS!!!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:43 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Morrison is okay. He has a couple good reads under his belt.

While most Mangaka's just stick to one or two series that they're known for, I could very reasonably argue plenty of them as being better authors/writers than Morrison.

Comparing All star Superman to Naruto, Attack on Titan, Seven deadly sins, etc. would literally be like comparing McDonald's to Five Guys burgers and fries. They're not in the same league. (Morrison is Peewee, Naruto is the Major Leagues)

In terms of development, story line, attention to detail, readability, etc, I can think of a number of mangakas just off the top of my head that have Morrison beat by a mile.

I guess that's mostly opinionated, but I digress.

HEY, YOU WATCH YOUR DAMN MOUTH GOGETA CHAN!!!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:46 AM
SSJGGogeta

HEY, YOU WATCH YOUR DAMN MOUTH GOGETA CHAN!!!

WATASHI WA SHINEN SHINENZU!!!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:58 AM
LordofBrooklyn

WATASHI WA SHINEN SHINENZU!!!

You MAY if you insult Morrison again!!!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 06:14 AM
SquallX

Kishimoto though decent, is mostly a hack.

Read Naruto part 1, the best part of th me 2 part series, then read HXH. Is an exact copy.

Kishimoto can’t write female leads to save his life. He’s even admitted it. He’s secondary characters are useless. He’s plot is all over the place.

The man shouldn’t even be consider in the 100 best mangaka iif we’re being subjective.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 06:15 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote