KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Grant Morrison VERSUS KMC

Grant Morrison VERSUS KMC
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Disagree, crooked little vein, gun machine are prose and tropes of quality. Even Ellis's use of a Jesus Buttplug is worth a giggle.

Warren Ellis /end thread

LIES!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 10:52 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Warren Ellis

Garth Ennis

Mike Carey

Provide 7 works from each to prove your point!!!

I'm particularly in your Ennis argument because after PREACHER, HELLBLAZER, and PUNISHER what is there?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 10:55 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Never cared for Miller’s DK, nor the sequel.

Miller does not understand Kal one bit.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 11:33 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

#fanboyalert

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 11:42 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Low T LOB is autistic.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:35 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

I'm particularly in your Ennis argument because after PREACHER, HELLBLAZER, and PUNISHER what is there?
Hitman, judge dredd, the boys, and crossed. Suck it.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:54 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Badabing
Low T LOB is autistic.

I'LL QUARTER YOUR ASHY, SCALED, ABOMINATION OF A BODY AND POST THEM ACROSS BROOKLYN!!!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 01:00 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by deathslash
Hitman, judge dredd, the boys, and crossed. Suck it.

Judgement- FAILED

Hitman- A fun well written series. NOTHING compared to Morrison's greatness.

Judge Dredd- Standard fare. Again, NOTHING compared to the MASTER Morrison.

I won't even mention the other 2!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 01:03 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

While I'm still solidly in the Jim Shooter camp, I'd like to put forward Kieth Giffen as a consistently solid, influential performer.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 01:33 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Martian_mind
While I'm still solidly in the Jim Shooter camp, I'd like to put forward Kieth Giffen as a consistently solid, influential performer.

1. Legion of Superheroes- A legendary run and one of the best of all time.

2. JLI- Another great run and set the template for comedy in mainstream titles.

3. Lobo- The definitive take on The Czarnian!

I've read Ambush Bug and that was decent but I can't think of anything besides the aforementioned titles.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 02:23 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

1. Legion of Superheroes- A legendary run and one of the best of all time.

2. JLI- Another great run and set the template for comedy in mainstream titles.

3. Lobo- The definitive take on The Czarnian!

I've read Ambush Bug and that was decent but I can't think of anything besides the aforementioned titles.
Annihilation
Annihilation: Silver Surfer
The better half of Thanos' first mini series
The Drax mini that turned him into who everyone knows him as - Baptista
You could include Annihilation Conquest: Starlord just to show how much lead in and material he wanted to write about the first Annihilation war.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 03:04 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

It's also the quantity, particularly with Preacher etc (and Carey with Lucifer and the Unwritten).

All Star Superman is great. It was also what, five issues? Preacher doesn't let up for 75 issues. Lucifer also had 75 issues. So just counting it all as one work, when you're comparing essentially one shots and individual storylines to entire characters......

For this reason, I also nominate Kirkman.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 06:54 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It's also the quantity, particularly with Preacher etc (and Carey with Lucifer and the Unwritten).

All Star Superman is great. It was also what, five issues? Preacher doesn't let up for 75 issues. Lucifer also had 75 issues. So just counting it all as one work, when you're comparing essentially one shots and individual storylines to entire characters......

For this reason, I also nominate Kirkman.

Ennis has Preacher which was great though the series doesn't come close to anything Morrison has done. The scope of the series is very small to even Morrison's underappreciated works.

Lucifer takes us on a great ride but that is a SINGLE work.

I like Invincible and The Walking Dead that being said I can't see where Kirkman has risen to Morrison's level of mastery. Kirkman to me is more akin to Waid and David, great storytellers who operate in a certain vein.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:30 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Anybody thinking Hitman isn't great is a straight up idiot. It's the best work Ennis has done, better than even Preacher.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:35 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by abhilegend
better than even Preacher.

LIES!

Tommy's adventures in Hitman were fun. Jesse's story in Preacher was a level above in every way. The plot twists alone trump anything in Hitman.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:42 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Shut up puppy. Hitman shits all over Preacher in everything from action, humor, pathos and most importantly heart.

The zombie night at Gotham aquarium alone is better than anything in Preacher.

(please log in to view the image)

Just look at that.

Last edited by abhilegend on Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:45 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Shut up puppy. Hitman shits all over Preacher in everything from action, humor, pathos and most importantly heart.

Just look at that.

You've never been quite right since I BANNED YOU from The House Of El.

Action- No, we start with a failed Man in Texas and from there we go from secret societies to the Metaphysical in the same series. And it all works.

Advantage- PREACHER

Humor- You can't be serious. Between Cassidy and Herr Starr there is enough humor to make a series on that alone. The Saint Of Killers has his moments as well.

Advantage- PREACHER

Pathos- Saint Of Killer's Origin. Arseface's origin. Jesse's story. Tulip's arc. This barely deserves a response.

Advantage- PREACHER

Heart- I've basically ripped YOUR heart out of your chest with this post. Hitman is good, Preacher is CLASSIC!

Advantage- PREACHER

I'm starting to even doubt whether you've even read Preacher!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 01:00 PM
krisblaze

Pointless discussion, both are excellent.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 03:49 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

You've never been quite right since I BANNED YOU from The House Of El.

Action- No, we start with a failed Man in Texas and from there we go from secret societies to the Metaphysical in the same series. And it all works.

Advantage- PREACHER

Humor- You can't be serious. Between Cassidy and Herr Starr there is enough humor to make a series on that alone. The Saint Of Killers has his moments as well.

Advantage- PREACHER

Pathos- Saint Of Killer's Origin. Arseface's origin. Jesse's story. Tulip's arc. This barely deserves a response.

Advantage- PREACHER

Heart- I've basically ripped YOUR heart out of your chest with this post. Hitman is good, Preacher is CLASSIC!

Advantage- PREACHER

I'm starting to even doubt whether you've even read Preacher!

I like how triggered you are. Keep it up.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 04:20 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Just look at that.

Loved how he raped, humiliated and trolled that loser called Lobo.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 05:51 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote