KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wonder Woman Vs Jessica Jones & Angel Dust

Wonder Woman Vs Jessica Jones & Angel Dust
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
The issue though is that every super-powered individual she fought is leagues above Colossus and Angel Dust, and despite not stomping them, she was clearly having some effect with her hits. And as Blindside pointed out, Superman is completely bulletproof. So is Steppenwolf and Doomsday. So saying, "She didn't stomp Superman, so she can't stomp AD" is just wrong.

Also even with speed equalized, Diana is far more skilled than AD and still tons stronger/more durable.

Very well said, its clearly shown that the people/beings she foughts are leauges above Angel Dust, and while not stomping them out, she by and far more then held her own with them on her own and in a group.

Thanks Esta!

Last edited by Blindside12 on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 04:26 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:22 AM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
When has Diana ever taken on a beating from DD? She blocked most of his hits with her shield and ever only took a direct hit once. That's not a beating.

Colossus tanked an explosion big enough to collapse a tanker. The fact that AD can hurt Colossus is a pretty decent feat. What larger explosive forces has Diana tanked than that?

Angel Dust was inferior to Colossus in strength and durability.
Many hits by her did absolutely no hurt to him. The only hit that was shown to hurt was the groin hit (and arguably the first hit)
WW is stronger than her
WW is arguably more skilled than her
WW is more durable against blunt attacks than her.

WW wins.

I define a stomp as 10/10

Do you believe AD could get at least a win out of 10 fights?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 01:57 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Meh. I give up. It's obvious I'm not changing anyone's mind here. Since we all agree WW wins anyway it's not really worth my effort to argue how exactly she wins. Besides, people keep misinterpreting and twisting my words anyway.

Last edited by FrothByte on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 03:19 PM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Angel Dust headbutted by Wade Wilson in the oxygen-deprivation tank made Angel Dust grimace and yell as well as kicking her head back.

Wonder Woman did the same to Superman, only Supes didn't yell.

Gotta give it to ol' Diana.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 06:45 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FrothByte
Meh. I give up. It's obvious I'm not changing anyone's mind here. Since we all agree WW wins anyway it's not really worth my effort to argue how exactly she wins. Besides, people keep misinterpreting and twisting my words anyway.

So how many fights out of 10 does Angel win?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 06:47 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Wonder Woman destroys them. And no, Wonder Woman vs Angel dust is not a fight.
Its a complete utter effortless beatdown from Diana to Angel Dust

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 08:22 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

You know what's stupid as hell? Jessica Jones can casually (with utmost ease) crush and also break solid steel with her hands yet is not bullet proof or fully attack proof from human attacks. Her hands alone should have the durability or higher than solid steel.

Stupid writers.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 12:25 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Diana was stratched by a bullet early on, before she realizes her full powers. From the beat down she took, and the headbut from Superman without showing any damage, I would be surprised is she is not infact bullet proof now. Even the largest caliber bullet pales in comparison to being hit by Superman.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 07:02 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

You guys need to realize that comic charactera even in movies tend to follow source material. Wonder Woman has never been bulletproof. She wouldnt use the bracers if she was.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 09:53 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

There is also a difference between blunt force and piercing resistance. taking a punch without visible damage doesn't necessarily mean you can't be stabbed.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 09:58 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

In comics there is a difference.
But in real life both are all about pressure. The reason why something cuts is because it has a sufficient amount pressure.

Pressure = Force / Area

The pressure Superman can hit with is greater than the pressure a bullet hits with.

In other words, piercing durability is highly correlated with blunt force durability.

That’s why WW comics are kind of stupid, unless it’s a magical reason why

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 11:06 PM
Silent Master

I thought you were all about writer's intent, if she is meant to be bullet proof, why was she still blocking bullets in JL?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 11:10 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

You guys need to realize that comic charactera even in movies tend to follow source material. Wonder Woman has never been bulletproof. She wouldnt use the bracers if she was.

How can a bullet piece Diana while being hit by Superman doesn't even scratch her?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 02:50 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Blindside12
How can a bullet piece Diana while being hit by Superman doesn't even scratch her?

Ask DC, they are the ones that gave her that weakness.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 02:52 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 06:56 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Dreampanther
(please log in to view the image)

Are you saying instead of the bracers she used the also bulletproof Godly metal eagle on her costume? Which just so happens to cross her boobies?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 07:03 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
I thought you were all about writer's intent, if she is meant to be bullet proof, why was she still blocking bullets in JL?

I’m am. She’s not bulletproof in comics. That’s why it’s stupid. Unless the explanation is a magical one.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 02:00 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its only still a thing so she can keep the iconic aspect of blocking bullets with her bracelets. If it wasn't for that they'd have established her as bulletproof decades ago. WW can punch a nuke and shrug it off, its blatantly idiotic that she can be hurt by bullets.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 02:22 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by h1a8
You know what's stupid as hell? Jessica Jones can casually (with utmost ease) crush and also break solid steel with her hands yet is not bullet proof or fully attack proof from human attacks. Her hands alone should have the durability or higher than solid steel.

Stupid writers.

This is exactly why most your arguments dont work.

Comic book movies are inconsistent, so in terms of feats we need to compare like for like. I.e. Lifting feats against Lifting feats, Crushing feats against crushing feats, durability feats against durability feats e.t.c.

Plus we need to powerscale them against opponents they do face.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 09:11 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote