KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Obama and Trump Myths: Fact Checking National Debt Claims

Obama and Trump Myths: Fact Checking National Debt Claims
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Trumpers derailing this thread cos these facts sting:

Donald Trump (as projected in FY 2019 budget): Plans to add $8.282 trillion, a 41 percent increase from the $20.245 trillion debt at the end of Obama's last budget, FY 2017. If he spends as he hopes, Trump will add the second-highest dollar amount in history. More important, he will add almost as much in his first term as Obama did in two terms. -snip

^^He's so angry right now, it's hilarious.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 11:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

"When Obama colludes with Russia its ok"
Libtards 2022

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 11:52 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They always have a reason for why when they do things it's okay, but when others do it...it's not.

Like Dems using the nuclear option for voting a few years ago, then whining about Republicans saying they wanna do it. You see it was okay then, because the mean Republicans were being mean. It's not okay now, cuz...reasons.

Just like correcting facts. Trump exaggerates a crowd size? Big news. Numerous outlets lie about school shootings? Meh.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 11:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

"We know the constitution better then anyone"
Libtards 2022

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:01 AM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Obama and Trump Myths: Fact Checking National Debt Claims

#maga

'This tax cut isn't for the rich, I totally swear guys, it's for you plebs, believe me!' -El Trumpie

Oh, Trumpers...

This is important and something I did not point out: Trump will likely not win a second term so Obama will get the trophy for worst national debt numbers.

But Trump will almost hit Obama's numbers in 4 years what Obama took to do in 8 years.

Edit - I apologize for not representing these facts correctly. It is very obvious to anyone with a brain that the numbers are 4 years vs. 8 and that I did not intentionally mislead. However, it still looks like that...and I didn't mean to. sad

Last edited by dadudemon on Mar 1st, 2018 at 06:22 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 06:19 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Just curious DDM, about how confident are you that Trump won't win another term?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 07:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Obama and Trump Myths: Fact Checking National Debt Claims

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is important and something I did not point out: Trump will likely not win a second term so Obama will get the trophy for worst national debt numbers.

But Trump will almost hit Obama's numbers in 4 years what Obama took to do in 8 years.

Edit - I apologize for not representing these facts correctly. It is very obvious to anyone with a brain that the numbers are 4 years vs. 8 and that I did not intentionally mislead. However, it still looks like that...and I didn't mean to. sad
Fair play mate, Trump is twice as bad. Good point.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:19 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote:
4. Trump is going to increase the national debt to over $28 trillion by the end of his 4 year term: True.

Trump took office with the debt at $20.245 trillion. When he ends his term, it will be $28.527 trillion. Less than Obama's. No need to adjust for inflation. That's still the second largest increase in US History (not by percentage by but raw dollar value).

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-...percent-3306296

It will be interesting to see how far the US Debt clock will be in comparison:

Comparison US Debt Clock

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:49 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I don’t get why people are bitching so much.

It’s true the tax plan includes the rich, but did we forget this is a capitalist country? You need to give the rich incentives to want to built and creates. You can’t just force them to spend their money with no way of making a profit.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 02:15 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
Just curious DDM, about how confident are you that Trump won't win another term?

99%

But the other 1% might get him elected (ha, an economic pun that is topically and politically relevant...damn, I'm good).

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 03:50 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

What has Trump done exactly that's been so disasterous?

He's stacking up economic and trade wins, got India to lower their VAT to 50%, was 100%

The wall is done being tested and the judge ruled he can forgo the rules to build it

The ISIS caliphate has been destroyed

The tax cuts are working

The military is fully funded for the next 2 years.

Illegal immigration has gone down 60-70%

Manufacturing is on the rise

Companies are brining back their foriegn money and investing in America

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 04:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blindside12

He got two scoops of ice cream when everyone else got one. People forget that on Hitlers first day in office he did the same thing.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 05:01 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Liberals: Trump is Hitler!
Common Sense: Would Hitler move their Israeli embassy to Israel?
Liberals: TRUMP RUSSIA!!!

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 05:19 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

My favorite is when they say "Hitler didn't gas the jews right away". You see cuz Trump totally is Hitler, he just hasn't full transformed into him yet, but soon...very soon.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 05:21 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about the "Trump is going to rot in prison"

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 05:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Trumpers derailing this thread cos these facts sting:

Donald Trump (as projected in FY 2019 budget): Plans to add $8.282 trillion, a 41 percent increase from the $20.245 trillion debt at the end of Obama's last budget, FY 2017. If he spends as he hopes, Trump will add the second-highest dollar amount in history. More important, he will add almost as much in his first term as Obama did in two terms. -snip

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 05:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's stacking up economic and trade wins, got India to lower their VAT to 50%, was 100%

The wall is done being tested and the judge ruled he can forgo the rules to build it

The tax cuts are working

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 05:52 PM
dadudemon

The tax cuts are working

Citations, man. We talked about this and we both know how out of hand that convo got.

Normally, I'd just look up each point and cite it for you but it would take me too long and I want to poop and work out.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 06:07 PM
Flyattractor

I am to lazy to read thru all the rest of this thread. How lond did it take for the Lefty Fascist Bullshit to be totally pointed out?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 06:46 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by SquallX
I don’t get why people are bitching so much.

It’s true the tax plan includes the rich, but did we forget this is a capitalist country? You need to give the rich incentives to want to built and creates. You can’t just force them to spend their money with no way of making a profit.

The problem there is the assumption that the wealthy will create jobs simply because they have more money, when it's consumer demand that drives businesses to either cut or create jobs.

When the middle and working classes have less to spend, and primarily spend what they do have on necessities, demand for other goods and services goes down. Businesses then tend to cut jobs and downsize to minimize the hit to their bottom line.

When they middle and working classes have more to spend, businesses are forced to hire more help and restock more often to keep up with the demand. Sometimes that increase in demand results in company expansion.

Regardless of how profitable these businesses are, they're going to continue to try and cut costs anywhere they can, even if that means replacing jobs at with technology or foreign cheap labor. So with that in mind, why support tax reform that caters to big business and the wealthy, instead of the middle class and the poor?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 07:57 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote