KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Ion Fury

Ion Fury
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

I've no interest in this game at all. But **** trademark BS like this.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 06:40 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

3D Realms almost had a lawsuit over the Duke Nukem name when they owned that IP. When Captain Planet was on air they changed Nukem to Nukum because of said character on the show

they later changed it back and registered the name after finding out the creator's of that show didn't trademark their character.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 07:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Interesting. Admittedly, that is a far more understandable as "Duke Nukem" is an original name. By contrast, Iron Maiden is not an original or unique phrase and furthermore they weren't even calling the game Iron Maiden. It's ridiculous.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 07:18 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I doubt it was from the actual band itself doing the lawsuit, Most likely from their record label.

Probably. I remember hearing something about a label going after music band members themselves uploaded to YouTube, and striking it down.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 12:31 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And of course the game has gotten 9/10's scores....7.5/10 if you still consider IGN's game scores

read something the other day 3D Realms would like to work with Gearbox on a new Duke Nukem game, Obviously the ball is in their court.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2019 07:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Don't mind me. Just waiting for the console version T-T

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2019 10:16 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm waiting for a discount, It might be a good game but i'm not paying $40.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2019 03:22 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Really? Could've sworn it was $25.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2019 05:28 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sorry, It's actually $36 for me on Steam after they changed all the pricing to Australian dollar.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2019 06:20 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The dev's of this game have been pissing off the SJW crowd, They're not wrong tho with some of comments.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news...6NtbABc-tV6EetE

Old Post Aug 19th, 2019 06:14 AM