KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » King Thanos vs Great Darkness Darkseid

King Thanos vs Great Darkness Darkseid
Started by: TheHulkster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Honestly I think that he can. ^^

Thanos prep' literally put everyone to shame.

Your false King DIONE wouldn't even make it off DCU Earth alive!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 02:14 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Think the biggest head scratcher was how blackbolt killed all the Celestials with a scream

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 02:24 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by -K-M-
Think the biggest head scratcher was how blackbolt killed all the Celestials with a scream

Boltagon ripped a hole in the fabric of reality with his scream I believe.

The most powerful Depiction of Boltagon's voice I believe is still EARTH X.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 02:28 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Issue 14. Issue 15 is where he preps.

Also read The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume 2 Issue 5. It makes some really interesting callbacks to that issue that would fly over your head otherwise. Once you see them, it'll be real "OHHH!" moments
yeah but it doesn’t really go into detail. Like we don’t even know how Thanos obtained all that power or if this is actually his own

Like diminishes the point, at least for to me

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 02:36 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

@xJLxking it’s stated in the comic it’s his own power. He simply becomes more powerful the older he becomes

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 03:37 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 04:26 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Also, Odinforce King Thor had Mjolnir when Thanos killed him.
He is prepped with armor and Twilight against Silver One

How do you know he had the Odin Force?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 04:37 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by abhilegend
Abstract level Galactus right there.

Hilariously bad. Galactus running at Thanos with a gun commando style. laughing

EDIT -
Even Old King Thanos can't kill Punisher because of the deal he made with Mephisto to become Ghost Rider? Nice 'feat' for Mephisto (who is apparently still alive?).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Last edited by zopzop on Mar 1st, 2018 at 04:51 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 04:40 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Insane Titan
@xJLxking it’s stated in the comic it’s his own power. He simply becomes more powerful the older he becomes
i get that but it doesn’t really stated the conditions of anyone else

Galactus running with a cloak. Odin? We don’t know how strong he is. Sentry? According to some here, he is omiversal being..etc

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 05:33 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

I did... not like the new Thanos issue. It was a mess, that made no sense whatsoever.

1. Did Thanos find a way to kill beings like the Sentry, who seems to be fully invincible as for now or Iceman (alongside other omega level mutants), who can fully reform as long as there is any air moisture around? Or did Thanos simply keep coming back until omega level mutants died of old age? Why can Thanos kill Sentry (if he has), but not Ghost Rider?

2. Am I now supposed to believe, that Thanos will surpass Galactus in terms of power sooner or later? Also LOL @ Galactus looking for Reed Richards and literally crying for help.

3. Why is Ghost Rider more capable than a +Galactus level Thanos when it comes to busting opponents up? Why does Thanos need Future Black Bolts (over the top destructive voice) to kill a bunch of Celestials, even though he himself seems to be able to split Galactus into half without even trying?

4. In which parallel dimension is Silver Surfer ever going to be a more formidable foe than even a starving Galactus? Mjolnir alone should never make the difference, especially, because Old Man Thanos didn't know about Mjolnir before. So Old Man Thanos got his younger self from the past to help him against Silver Surfer... even though Young Boi Thanos alone was more than enough to beat the crap out of Silver Surfer? What happened to Silver Surfer? Did he plot-power-absorb the energy of an entire universe? But even that power doesn't compare to the power of some beings Old Man Thanos has supposedly beat off-panel.

Last edited by Enzeru on Mar 1st, 2018 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 05:53 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
How do you know he had the Odin Force?

Because I knew that'd be your excuse.

Anyway, Full Odin Force King Thor with Jane level control of Mjolnir lost against Thanos. Which means Fallen Surfer is more powerful.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 05:54 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by xJLxKing
i get that but it doesn’t really stated the conditions of anyone else

Galactus running with a cloak. Odin? We don’t know how strong he is. Sentry? According to some here, he is omiversal being..etc
Thanos killed all the abstracts etc in the far future meaning his power increase was great. It was stated the earth hero’s grew weaker with age. Odin has been presumably replaced by sling Thor.

laughing out loud only one poster thinks Sentry is omniversal. He’s trans tier at best

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 06:00 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Enzeru
I did... not like the new Thanos issue. It was a mess, that made no sense whatsoever.

1. Did Thanos find a way to kill beings like the Sentry, who seems to be fully invincible as for now or Iceman (alongside other omega level mutants), who can fully reform as long as there is any air moisture around? Or did Thanos simply keep coming back until omega level mutants died of old age? Why can Thanos kill Sentry (if he has), but not Ghost Rider?

2. Am I now supposed to believe, that Thanos will surpass Galactus in terms of power sooner or later? Also LOL @ Galactus looking for Reed Richards and literally crying for help.

3. Why is Ghost Rider more capable than a +Galactus level Thanos when it comes to busting opponents up? Why does Thanos need Future Black Bolts (over the top destructive voice) to kill a bunch of Celestials, even though he himself seems to be able to split Galactus into half without even trying?

4. In which parallel dimension is Silver Surfer ever going to be a more formidable foe than even a starving Galactus? Mjolnir alone should never make the difference, especially, because Old Man Thanos didn't know about Mjolnir before. So Old Man Thanos got his younger self from the past to help him against Silver Surfer... even though Young Boi Thanos alone was more than enough to beat the crap out of Silver Surfer? What happened to Silver Surfer? Did he plot-power-absorb the energy of an entire universe? But even that power doesn't compare to the power of some beings Old Man Thanos has supposedly beat off-panel.

Yeah in general a lot of characters fell awkward. Even for a reader like me, who isn’t an avid marvel readers, had trouble believing some stuff. Galactus crying. Thanos being able to kill Sentry but GhostRider being a Herald is unable to die?

Surfer needed that Mjolnir to fight Thanos? Wtf is Mjolnir suppose to do when beings like Galactus failed. Is it comparable to the IG now?
Just a lot of contradicting info.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 06:03 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Which happened after the Beyonders. And LT's next appearance was getting his head Ewinged off, iirc.

An easy explanation is having Spider-Man have a cameo in any comic and say LT is only so shitty because he got split from his Beyonder fight. And then Spider-Man never appears again in that series.
zop didn't post the right scene. Here Thanos explains that the LT of Warlock's universe(or rather, his essence) survived the Beyonders' rampage, while his own universe's/616 LT did not:
https://i.imgur.com/nTCZ5CZ.jpg

Which tells us that Starlin(who has given LT some of the best showings of his entire career) believes there is a different LT in each and every universe -- just like all other cosmic beings in the hierarchy.

...Then Ewing came along and took an even larger shit on LT, by implying that he, like all other cosmic beings, is merely one of Eternity's inner-functions(IOW, Eternity > LT.) sick

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 06:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Not sure what the fuss about GR is.

He's basically an amped Space Punisher now.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 06:31 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I wouldn't go that far, dood.

Space Punisher is easily the best(and most powerful) character that Marvel has ever created. Bar none. thumb up

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 06:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
zop didn't post the right scene. Here Thanos explains that the LT of Warlock's universe(or rather, his essence) survived the Beyonders' rampage, while his own universe's/616 LT did not:
https://i.imgur.com/nTCZ5CZ.jpg

Which tells us that Starlin(who has given LT some of the best showings of his entire career) believes there is a different LT in each and every universe -- just like all other cosmic beings in the hierarchy.

...Then Ewing came along and took an even larger shit on LT, by implying that he, like all other cosmic beings, is merely one of Eternity's inner-functions(IOW, Eternity > LT.) sick
Imagine my shock that someone like Zopsquared doesn't give me full context.

Simple enough though. Just have Spider-Man cameo for a couple panels that said the Beyonders split LT, and he hid a piece of himself away for a last resort (if anyone ever talks about that), and that is why Ewing is completely shredding the hierarchy right now.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 06:50 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That'd at least be a more logical and cohesive story than anything Ewing's given us. thumb up

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 06:55 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Some mod please fix the thread title.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 07:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by abhilegend
What extra prep or being at another level is mentioned in the comic? Surfer himself said that he spent all his years trying to become worthy.

Where is that mentioned that Surfer is more powerful than usual?

The Twilight Sword and armor is prep as well as the addition of young Thanos and GR.

"Oh...yes...I suppose you wouldn't know would you... Boy, you have never faced this foe. Not like this". - King Thanos

That quote confirms Surfer to be more powerful than before.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 07:31 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote