KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump: Favorite to Win 2020?

Trump: Favorite to Win 2020?
Started by: lazybones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blindside12
Obama worked with Bibi's opponent and spent tax payer money to do it, did you care then?

Also where is your Proof Trump worked with Putin?

Okay, you're just going to throw out red herrings after red herrings because you can't handle the fact that Mueller's investigation isn't a "democrat message" /issue

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Maybe you should read what I said and not what you think I said? Would make this whole thing smoother.

Sure will do, why dont you do the same more often.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:50 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, you're just going to throw out red herrings after red herrings because you can't handle the fact that Mueller's investigation isn't a "democrat message" /issue

Its not a red herring.

La times: The U.S. is no stranger to interfering in the elections of other countries
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...1213-story.html

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:51 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthgoober
Oh God... trying to influence us isn't attacking our democracy because the choice is still ours to make. That's not to say that they didn't try to influence or election, but that's different than actually attacking the democracy itself. There was basically zero chance of our democracy becoming a different form of government due to their actions.
Much more than influencing the election. According to our intelligence agencies, Russia’s goal was to instill division and chaos and mistrust in our government, to deligitimize our fair and democratic elections, to use fake news as a tool of frenzy.

Essentially, Russia was trying to bring America down into the sewer so Putin can say to his people “see, those Americans are corrupt too”!! He keeps his own power through corruption and unfair elections, so to keep power he can’t have Russians thinking of revolution.

If Russians see fair elections in America, they’re gonna want that too. So attacking our elections is about so much more

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:54 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Its not a red herring.

La times: The U.S. is no stranger to interfering in the elections of other countries
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...1213-story.html

If you're going to do the "well we do it, so Russia's okay in doing it to us" Trumper marching order thing, cool. I don't agree though.

Granted, I don't think we should be doing it either, regardless of who's in office. But that doesn't excuse Russia doing it in 2016, likely doing it in 2018 and us sitting back and doing nothing because oddly Trump refuses to act.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you're going to do the "well we do it, so Russia's okay in doing it to us" Trumper marching order thing, cool. I don't agree though.

Granted, I don't think we should be doing it either, regardless of who's in office. But that doesn't excuse Russia doing it in 2016, likely doing it in 2018 and us sitting back and doing nothing because oddly Trump refuses to act.

You dont agree now, but you didnt care before Trump was in office, so if you didnt care then why do you care now? And why didnt you condemn Obama for doing it?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:57 PM
darthgoober

Err, a foreign entity trying to influence who the American people pick to best benefit them would be an 'attack on our democracy', regardless if it worked or not.

It's like saying you can launch missiles at a country, but if you don't kill anyone or destroy a building, the attack doesn't count; when we both know it does.

No it's not. An "attack on the democracy" threatens the democracy itself. In 3 years the plan is still to have a democratic election. Stop exaggerating what happened for shock value, it undermines your overall position. It's every bit as silly as saying that Trump is the next Hitler...

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 12:05 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 11:57 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Firefly218
Much more than influencing the election. According to our intelligence agencies, Russia’s goal was to instill division and chaos and mistrust in our government, to deligitimize our fair and democratic elections, to use fake news as a tool of frenzy.

Essentially, Russia was trying to bring America down into the sewer so Putin can say to his people “see, those Americans are corrupt too”!! He keeps his own power through corruption and unfair elections, so to keep power he can’t have Russians thinking of revolution.

If Russians see fair elections in America, they’re gonna want that too. So attacking our elections is about so much more

Yeah so they successfully influenced us... that's not attacking the democracy. The only proposed changes to our democratic policy have come from anti Trump people who want to get rid of the electoral college.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:01 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah so they successfully influenced us... that's not attacking the democracy. The only proposed changes to our democratic policy have come from anti Trump people who want to get rid of the electoral college.

Another sick burn.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:05 AM
darthgoober

Imagine a bunch of hungry dogs in a pit somewhere. Someone comes along and throws a pork chop into the pit and causes a massive fight between the dogs that ends in several of those dogs deaths. Now you can say a lot of things about the who threw in the pork chop and be accurate, but what you can't say is that the guy attacked those dogs...

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:09 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

No it's not. An "attack on the democracy" threatens the democracy itself. In 3 years the plan is still to have a democratic election. Stop exaggerating what happened for shock value, it undermines your overall position. It's every bit as silly as saying that Trump is the next Hitler...

Dissagreed again. An "attack" doesn't have to destroy our entire democratic process to be effective and to be an attack. You seem to be adding much more to "attack" than is needed.

edit: Let's let Mrs. Merriam Webster tell us: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/attack

Definition of attack
transitive verb
1 : to set upon or work against forcefully

attack an enemy fortification

2 : to assail with unfriendly or bitter words

a politician verbally attacked by critics

3 : to begin to affect or to act on injuriously

plants attacked by aphids

4 : to set to work on

attack a problem

5 chess : to threaten (a piece) with immediate capture

Yup, seems fitting.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:09 AM
darthgoober

Dissagreed again. An "attack" doesn't have to destroy our entire democratic process to be effective and to be an attack. You seem to be adding much more to "attack" than is needed.

edit: Let's let Mrs. Merriam Webster tell us: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/attack

Definition of attack
transitive verb
1 : to set upon or work against forcefully

attack an enemy fortification

2 : to assail with unfriendly or bitter words

a politician verbally attacked by critics

3 : to begin to affect or to act on injuriously

plants attacked by aphids

4 : to set to work on

attack a problem

5 chess : to threaten (a piece) with immediate capture

Yup, seems fitting.

I'm not denying the multiple possible meanings of the word attack, I'm addressing the most obvious implication. Also the targeting. Again...

Imagine a bunch of hungry dogs in a pit somewhere. Someone comes along and throws a pork chop into the pit and causes a massive fight between the dogs that ends in several of those dogs deaths. Now you can say a lot of things about the who threw in the pork chop and be accurate, but what you can't say is that the guy attacked those dogs...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:15 AM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

People on this very forum attack our democracy daily, Rob is one of those people who thinks the Electoral College needs to tossed out.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:18 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm not denying the multiple possible meanings of the word attack, I'm addressing the most obvious implication. Also the targeting. Again...

Imho, my analogy was ridiculously more accurate than yours and I don't think FF saying "attack on our democracy" is inaccurate considering. We've yet to fully see how successful said attack was, maybe we will never know either way. But we'll just have to agree to dissagree as I don't think either of us is being swayed.

Also, as far as the "Trump is the next Hitler", I said the opposite actually, Hitler was immensely more intelligent and charismatic than Trump. Trump could never accomplish what he did nor could he command the mass loyalty required to do so. People saying that now is really no different than the 8 years in how the people who became Trumpers used to refer to Obama as "Hitler".

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:25 AM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obama actually didnt like Israel and did everything he could to undermine them, Hitleresc.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:26 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

People on this very forum attack our democracy daily, Rob is one of those people who thinks the Electoral College needs to tossed out.

Weird. But let me clarify.

I do think elections/voting should go down to one citizen = one vote and the candidate who has the most votes wins. But I'd want the EC to go away because the masses voted on it going away, I wouldn't want it to be stripped away against the majority of the people's wishes. That's about as pro democracy as you can get, comrade.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:28 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Obama actually didnt like Israel and did everything he could to undermine them, Hitleresc.

^ See?

@D-goob

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:29 AM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, so when you do something like that, its ok, when I do it, its "See look I told you so.'

You are such a petty person. How old are you again?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:31 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

The f**k are you talking about? I literally typed out a short paragraph to D-goob telling him I don't make the Trump=Hitler remarks and why I don't.

You seem to just be in a confrontational mood again, picking fights where none exist.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:34 AM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was a joke Rob, GFUSthumb up

Funny how you can make all the shit lord comments you want about Trump, his daughter, his hands, his hair, genitals.

Anyone says anything about Obama and you go "SEE I TOLD YOU SO."

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:35 AM