KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump: Favorite to Win 2020?

Trump: Favorite to Win 2020?
Started by: lazybones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3zpTKg3IIw

Do you really think she's "fringe" though? I doubt the guy with the camera managed to catch the ONE person who felt that way when she stole his hat. She didn't just come up with that shit on her own. And just for the sake of argument lets say that the belief is fringe... so what? It just goes to show why people shouldn't exaggerate and twist their descriptions for shock value. We have stupid, emotional, illogical people in this country who are too easily influenced for one reason or another. Remember the videos of all the little latino kids crying when Trump got elected? They were crying because their parents talked like it was going to be the f*cking end of the world for them if he won. They weren't actually crying because Trump won, they were crying because their parents did a shitty job.

I didn't mean she's the only one, but yeah, they're fringe when you factor in the what 70ish % of the country that didn't vote for Trump. Most non Trumpers aren't out yelling "genocide" and such in regards to Trump

Sadly enough, the anti-Trump movement isn't as together in same-thought, like an ant colony, as Trumpers are with their unbending devotion to the orangutan lord.

edit: I see you edited and added a bit more at the end, fully agree thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:02 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blindside12
His remark of a lone Fringe Retard fails bady because of incidents like Berkley.

Oh an this, this is where progressivism has gonelaughing out loud

Rob she isnt some "fringe retard."

This is democratic party.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:05 AM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I didn't mean she's the only one, but yeah, they're fringe when you factor in the what 70ish % of the country that didn't vote for Trump. Most non Trumpers aren't out yelling "genocide" and such in regards to Trump

Sadly enough, the anti-Trump movement isn't as together in same-thought, like an ant colony, as Trumpers are with their unbending devotion to the orangutan lord.

Wholy Crap, this is just disingenuous. If you want to say 70% of the country didnt vote for Trump, Guess what the % is that didnt vote for hillary, considering she got what 2.8 million more votes?

"In the final count, Hillary Clinton's lead in the popular vote of the 2016 presidential election was nearly three million votes. According to the independent, non-partisan Cook Political Report, Clinton's final tally came in at 65,844,610, compared to Donald Trump's 62,979,636, with a difference of 2,864,974."

Time

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:12 AM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

You can't really just throw out the 70% number like that cause a lot of people didn't vote and their inclusion creates a disproportionate view of the pool you're drawing from, who knows which way they'd have leaned if someone held a gun to their head and forced them to vote. That has nothing directly to do with what we're discussing, it's just something I was pointing out. "Fringe" is relative to the number of people who actually give a shit, you can't include those who possibly don't into the "majority".

And whether they actually believe it or not, they're still encouraging that inference by invoking Hitler. They didn't just pick that name out of a hat for their comparison, they did it deliberately because they consider him to be the worst of the worst and the fact is that it's in no way fitting.

And yeah, a whole lot of Trump supporters are messed up. I believe Bill Maher said it best when he said something to the effect of "If you make white people feel like minorities, they'll act like minorities". People who felt they were being treated unfairly by liberals at large are as loyal to him as many black people were to Obama, which means he can do no wrong in their eyes. I think an greater number of people though have been bombarded by so much anti Trump rhetoric from the get go(like the Hitler comparisons) that they just don't actually pay attention to anything new because it's just another day as far as they're concerned. Basically "the left" sounds like the teacher on Charlie Brown... "whaa whaa whaa, whaa whaa whaa whaa..."

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:12 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Wholy Crap, this is just disingenuous. If you want to say 70% of the country didnt vote for Trump, Guess what the % is that didnt vote for hillary, considering she got what 2.8 million more votes?

"In the final count, Hillary Clinton's lead in the popular vote of the 2016 presidential election was nearly three million votes. According to the independent, non-partisan Cook Political Report, Clinton's final tally came in at 65,844,610, compared to Donald Trump's 62,979,636, with a difference of 2,864,974."

Time

Okay, who cares in regards to my point?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:15 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was regarding your point. 70% of the country didnt vote for Trump, trying to imply he got 30% of the vote, which is complete BS.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:17 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

You can't really just throw out the 70% number like that cause a lot of people didn't vote and their inclusion creates a disproportionate view of the pool you're drawing from, who knows which way they'd have leaned if someone held a gun to their head and forced them to vote. That has nothing directly to do with what we're discussing, it's just something I was pointing out. "Fringe" is relative to the number of people who actually give a shit, you can't include those who possibly don't into the "majority".

And whether they actually believe it or not, they're still encouraging that inference by invoking Hitler. They didn't just pick that name out of a hat for their comparison, they did it deliberately because they consider him to be the worst of the worst and the fact is that it's in no way fitting.

I can and I did though, because it's accurate to do so. Sure, probs a few million overall spread out. But when factoring the country as a whole, they're fringe.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:18 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

It was regarding your point. 70% of the country didnt vote for Trump, trying to imply he got 30% of the vote, which is complete BS.

Wasn't, it was in regards to the country as a whole and what you're saying has nothing to do with my point again.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:19 AM
darthgoober

I can and I did though, because it's accurate to do so. Sure, probs a few million overall spread. But when factoring the country as a whole, they're fringe.

Yeah but in that case you might as well include people who voted for Trump in the majority pool you're talking about.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:20 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wasn't, it was in regards to the country as a whole and what you're saying has nothing to do with my point again.

And whats the % of people that voted against Hillary. Did you know she had the most faithless Electors in History?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 01:27 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think Trump has around a 50% chance of winning. Think it's a mistake to count him out again, because we all know how that worked out last time. Think he probably is more likely to win a second term than he was to win a first term.

Of course it can all change in the next couple of years. Trump could get more popular and cruise to victory or he can completely crash and burn and lose in a landslide, really impossible to know at this point. I think most likely it'll be competitive and pretty close. A lot of it will have to do with if the people who don't like Trump actually get out and vote against him, or just say "eh, the dem isn't any better so **** them both" like a lot of people did last time.

Also a lot of it will depend on who runs against him. I think someone like Biden would probably win because he's well liked and not very offensive to people, he's not a fringe candidate and could get people from the middle. Where as someone like Lizzy Warren might have trouble getting to those people. Then of course it could be some insane wild card like The Rock or Oprah or something. 2020 is going to be absolutely nuts.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

50%? Damn before it was 98% chance of losing. Biden is the absolute worst choice with his questionable behavior or touching women and little girls.

Joe Biden 2020 Is A Terrible Idea In A Post-Weinstein America
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...4b00a6eece3a13e

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:03 AM
BackFire

50%? Damn before it was 98% chance of losing. Biden is the absolute worst choice with his questionable behavior or touching women and little girls.

Joe Biden 2020 Is A Terrible Idea In A Post-Weinstein America
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...4b00a6eece3a13e

Yeah ok, let's be honest though, are the people who read huffpost going to just not vote for either of them? No, they'll vote for Biden because of how much they hate Trump. I don't think Biden has to worry about those people much.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah ok, let's be honest though, are the people who read huffpost going to just not vote for either of them? No, they'll vote for Biden because of how much they hate Trump. I don't think Biden has to worry about those people much.

Biden has to get the nom in a very crowded field of people who most likely will have multiple women who dont have the baggage he does of inappropriate girl touching. And he will be 80 years old, so all the people and media who complained about Trumps age of 70 will have to eat crow.

edit:
How does Bidens touching advance the #metoo movement either?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:06 AM
BackFire

Fair point, I wasn't taking the primary into account. He'd probably have more trouble there than the general election.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:07 AM
lazybones

I don't think Sanders would have very good odds this time around. He alienated a lot of his own base, he's had potential scandals of his own since the election, and constantly playing the race card as a weapon against white people just isn't going to go over as well anymore.
Nah, Sanders numbers are still going strong. About a quarter to a third of Democratic primary voters already saying they will vote for him two years out, which is a pretty good bedrock of support. I also don't recall him playing the race card, and one of his strengths is that he generally sticks to bread and butter issues. However, I do think he will have a hard time against the Republican attack machine, especially as big money interests won't want him anywhere near the White House. There's also a lot of bitterness from the 2016 primary which could create another battle between him and traditional Democrats.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:11 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

So the Democratic race is going to be a shit show. All its going to be is who can be more critical of Trump and then it will backfire on them being critical on each other. I dont possibly see how hard they pull it together. There are no Obamas left, regardless of his policies, he was a generational President, they wont strike gold twice in 16 years.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:07 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lazybones
Nah, Sanders numbers are still going strong. About a quarter to a third of Democratic primary voters already saying they will vote for him two years out, which is a pretty good bedrock of support. I also don't recall him playing the race card, and one of his strengths is that he generally sticks to bread and butter issues. However, I do think he will have a hard time against the Republican attack machine, especially as big money interests won't want him anywhere near the White House. There's also a lot of bitterness from the 2016 primary which could create another battle between him and traditional Democrats.
\

No one here has brought up the Super Delegates, the cheat system for the democrats.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:08 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Or the democratic primary will end with whoever panders most to the base winning and then failing to appeal to the nonbase in the general election.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:11 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

well said

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:14 PM