KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Schumer the Clown "I wont vote for this judge because he's white."

Schumer the Clown "I wont vote for this judge because he's white."
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Your own posts in here are a great example as to why the tensions aren't going away.

You tried to say this wasn't racist. Are you still going to claim that?
You never answered this question I posed to you. What is your honest response?

Originally posted by Firefly218
Congress is made up of 90% women. Every single time a position of power needs to be filled, they only nominate other women. They choose their own kind 99% of the time, despite their being qualified men.

Now if a woman in their midst points out that they’re only nominating other women and perhaps should give more men a chance, is she sexist?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:25 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You never answered this question I posed to you. What is your honest response?

Lol, no she isn't sexist. Now, if she votes against someone specifically because they are a woman? That is indeed sexist.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, no she isn't sexist. Now, if she votes against someone specifically because they are a woman? That is indeed sexist.
Okay I see where you're coming from. So is it fair to say you believe in Schumer's efforts to fight racism he was himself racist?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:34 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay I see where you're coming from. So is it fair to say you believe in Schumer's efforts to fight racism he was himself racist?

Well yeah, he was trying to highlight what he saw as racism by behaving racist himself.

He should have voted for the guy, unless he felt he truly wasn't qualified. Afterwards, if he wanted, he could have made some sort of comment about the lack of diversity.

It seemed like he intended to virtue signal. He knew this guy was getting through no matter what, so he figured he'd score some points.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well yeah, he was trying to highlight what he saw as racism by behaving racist himself.

He should have voted for the guy, unless he felt he truly wasn't qualified. Afterwards, if he wanted, he could have made some sort of comment about the lack of diversity.

It seemed like he intended to virtue signal. He knew this guy was getting through no matter what, so he figured he'd score some points.
That’s a reasonable enough position. Perhaps reverse-discrimination is not the best way to fight racism thumb up

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:45 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That’s a reasonable enough position. Perhaps reverse-discrimination is not the best way to fight racism thumb up

Reverse discrimination is not a thing, it's just discrimination.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:49 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

All discrimination is not equal though.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:57 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

All discrimination is not equal though.

True. Honkey just isn't really offensive. Just funny.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:00 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like that Bar example I cited earlier in the thread

For example, a white man named Bob owns a bar and a black man named John walks in.

If John is racist towards Bob, he'll just get refused service and it won't affect Bob. John has no power over Bob.

If Bob is racist towards John though, he has the power the kick him out of the bar and refuse him reentry.

The skin color alone didn't mean a thing, you see what I mean?

When John discriminates against Bob, it has no effect because he has no power over Bob

The reverse is true for Bob

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:01 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

What if the black guy owns the bar and the white guy walks in? Does the black guy have no power there.

This is ridiculous because discriminating against anyone of any race in a hiring or appointment process involves the discrimination being on the part of the person who has power over the other person.

Don't give me this critical theory bullshit where black people aren't as culpable for being racist because of that shitty pseudoalgebra "racism=power+prejudice" bullshit.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:40 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's a fact though. You seem to be conflating institutional racism and garden variety bigotry; it's what novices (and closeted racist) often do. You're like totally whitebread White, aren't you?

edit: I'm not saying you're a closeted racist

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:44 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Racism doesn't require power or privilege.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:47 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Silent Master
Racism doesn't require power or privilege.

Tell that to every Black US slave in the past. I'm sure many of them hated their White slavers and rightfully so; but they were in no position to do a thing about it.

edit: You on the otherhand, are probably a racist

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:50 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Robtard
It's a fact though. You seem to be conflating institutional racism and garden variety bigotry; it's what novices (and closeted racist) often do. You're like totally whitebread White, aren't you?

We weren’t discussing institutional racism (and I’m not sure who even mentioned “institution” in this thread), we were discussing racism as a whole due to aayla arguing his definition of what racism is.

Aayla literally argued racism requires that the person performing prejudice have societal (specifically) power before being considered racist.

I then provided an example (black man attacks/rapes/kills white woman solely for being white because he hates white ppl) and he said that was prejudice and not racism. Which is asinine to me.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:53 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Ah, okay then. Misread.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:55 AM
Silent Master

Ah, the old. if you disagree with me you must be a racist. I was wondering how long that would take.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:55 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Silent Master
Ah, the old. if you disagree with me you must be a racist. I was wondering how long that would take.

Oh, that had nothing to do with you disagreeing with the point of topic. That was an aside fact. Sorry if I didn't make that clear; my bad.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:56 AM
Silent Master

Sure it was.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:57 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Agreed thumb up

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 01:00 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Robtard

I'm a white guy with relatively tan skin for a white person. Yes I'm white, not whitebread pasty AF though.

My stance is that racially discriminatory practices in college admissions, hiring, and political appointments are not morally good things. I think they should be opposed wherever an example is brought up regardless of which race is being transgressed against, which is why I find it disturbing that corporate policies and college admissions are allowed to openly discriminate as long as it's for the sake of "promoting diversity."

It's not something I'm a fan of.

So when you have a Supreme Court decision upholding discrimination against white people in college admissions, and high up people in the left-wing parties in the US and the UK pulling this weird anti-white bullshit, I take issue with that.

And when it is in practice in public institutions such as public universities to have a racially biased admissions process, I definitely take issue with that.

On a fundamental point of principle racial discrimination against anyone is wrong, racial prejudice against any race is wrong, and I'd like to see it gone. I don't take "black people get discriminated against" as an excuse for publically and openly designing corporate policies or worse policies in public institutions designed to discriminate in favor of racial minorities, I don't take historic injustice as a mitigating factor that somehow makes anti-white racism more excusable and tolerable than any other form of racism, and I sure as hell don't think that we should hold the standard as a society of tolerating or not tolerating certain racist acts or statements based on what race it was targeted at.

I think the ideal society is one where we all treat each other as individuals, and I think condemning any racist act or statement on principle regardless which race it's directed at is a good start, and I sure as hell don't think having corporate and public policies designed to discriminate against certain groups is conducive to that goal. It gives off the impression that it's okay to be racist against white people, and it gives more steam to the alt-right when white people see a democratic senator, corporate policy, college admissions (upheld by the supreme court no less) openly be discriminatory towards white people and have people actually defending these things as something white people should just shrug off. If there were some how a way we could bet money on this, I would wager that without the tolerance of anti-white policies and statements that we have in our society, and without the elements of the progressive movement that seem openly hostile towards white people, the alt-right would not be as prominent a group as it is today.

If everyone made an effort to call out racism against any group at a point of principle, held everyone to the same standard, and opposed racial discrimination no matter which way it ran, etc. I think that would more quickly bring society to a place where we stop caring about who has what color skin. I don't think double standards in regards to the standards you hold people of different races, or racism against different races, or racially discriminatory corporate and educational policy towards different races is conducive to that, I think it's something that will only exacerbate racial tensions and lead to a reactionary cycle that only those on the fringes of the alt-right and regressive left will feed upon to grow.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 01:06 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote